Connect with us

News Feed

Revealed: Checkout The Staggering Weight Anthony Joshua Has Lost So Far Ahead Of Joseph Parker Showdown

Published

on

Anthony Joshua

World famous boxer, Anthony Joshua is shedding the pounds for his hugely-anticipated fight against Joseph Parker.

The undefeated Brit will defend his IBA and WBA heavyweight belts while Parker will put his WBO belt on the line in the unification bout on March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

Joshua is fully into his training now and promoter Eddie Hearn decided to pop by to see how things were going.

The Matchroom boss posted a clip to Twitter yesterday showing the 28-year-old stepping onto the scales.

Fully clothed, he comes in at 17st 6lbs which – to any normal person – is a huge weight.

But, given that Joshua weighed 18st 2lbs for his most recent fight against Carlos Takam and that he has the extra load of clothes, it means the boxer could come in almost a stone lighter.

Despite his imperious performances in the ring, some pundits have criticised the Olympic gold medallists towering physique for limiting his motion.

And last month, Joshua admitted he was hoping to cut down.

“I was 18st 4lbs for the Takam fight but I’m already 17st 8lbs now,” he said.

“I’m watching everything I eat. It’s down to experience,” Joshua said last month.

“We will see how I get on in sparring and stuff and tailor it if we need to.”

Watvh the video of Anthony below: 

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

News Feed

Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom

Published

on

Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom

No fewer than 10 suspects have been arrested by the Akwa Ibom State Police Command for destruction and looting of government properties in the state.

 

This was made known by the State Commissioner of Police, CP Amiegheme Andrew, while fielding questions from Journalists on Saturday.

He said: “It is with a heart full of pains that I address you today. The events of the last 24 hours has given me and every concerned Akwa Ibomite a great course for concern. As the lead Agency in internal security, we have great respect for peaceful protest and we have acted professionally during its progression in the State,” he said.

“However, yesterday, some youths with evil intentions in the guise of # ENDSARS went about vandalizing, looting and burning some Government and private property including the Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC), Anchor Insurance, De Choice Shopping Mall, L.G showroom, and Access Bank Plc,”

“I have visited all the said places today with my Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Auwal M. Mohammad, and have made an on-the-spot assessment of damages done.
I commend the State Government’s timely intervention through the imposition of curfew as I today went round to ensure strict compliance, and we will continue to do so.

“Gentlemen of the press, am however delighted to inform you that our quick deployment of Anti-Riot Policemen in conjunction with the efforts of sister security agencies such as the Army and DSS, and the efforts of the State Government has restored normalcy in Uyo and the State in general.

However, the Command’s efforts have yielded positive results leading to the arrest of the following persons:

I. Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
ii. Emediong Michael James ‘f’
iii. Imedimfon Ime James ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
v. Sunday Michael James ‘m’
vi. Wisdom Godswill Reuben ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
viii. Akaninyene Abraham Livinus ‘m’
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’,

The Command also recovered fourteen Deep Freezers, six Refrigerators, eight flat Screen Televisions.

Others are:

Four (4) water dispensers,
Sixteen (16) bags of rice,
Four (4) Air conditions,
Three ( 3 ) Gas Cookers,
A printer, Tables, chairs, and other items

The CP further said: “The Command will stop at nothing in ensuring that all the looted items are recovered. Lastly, while I thank the good people of the State for their peaceful disposition and continued partnership, I wish to call on the perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith and toe the part of peace, or be willing to bear the full weight of the law, as the Command under my watch will not allow anyone to derail the peaceful nature of the State henceforth.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

“Passport secured” – Nigerian man flaunts Canadian lover (Video)

Published

on

“Passport secured” – Nigerian man flaunts Canadian lover (Video)

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to flaunt his Canadian lover amid violence and protest in the country.

The man, simply identified as Bimbo, expressed that he is happy to be with his lover, a foreigner.

 

 

In a video that has since gone viral, Bimbo could be seen flaunting his older Canadian lover at a time some Nigerians are making plans to travel abroad considering the situation of things in the country.

In the video shared via his handle, @Bimbotwits, the young man could be seen teaching his Canadian lover some Nigerian slangs as she made attempts to pronounce them correctly.

“They say love is blind, but i seebit in your eyes. Canadian passport secured,” he captioned the video.

See below:

Continue Reading

News Feed

Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed Lekki Memorial: Actor Alex Ekubo

Published

on

Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed Lekki Memorial: Alex Ekubo

Alex Ekubo, popular Nigerian actor, has suggested that the famous Lekki toll gate be renamed in memory of protesters who lost their lives during the protest.

Ekubo added that the dead protesters paid the ultimate price while trying to put an end to police brutaity.

 

According to the thespian, Lekki Toll Plaza should be renamed ‘Lekki Memorial’ in what he described would be in memory to those who died for the cause.

The actor also suggested that it should be made toll-free.

He wrote on Twitter ;

Lekki Toll Plaza, should be renamed Lekki Memorial Way… & be made Toll Free… in Honor of our fallen comrades…

Continue Reading

Trending