Connect with us

National News

Wife accuses husband of wanting to use her for rituals

Published

on

A fashion designer, Bose Oguntoye, on Friday pleaded with an Agege Customary Court, Lagos, to end her five-year-old marriage, citing her husband’s fetish practices and threats to her life.

“My husband is too money conscious and is desperate to make money at all costs.

“I live in fear of the unknown because of all kinds of charms l see with him.

“He also beats me up at any slightest opportunity, especially when he is not in a good mood, he visits his anger on me,’’ she told the court.

Testifying before Mr Phillips Williams, the court President, she said there was no love lost between them again.

She said, “Sometime in April 2015, when l became pregnant with our second child, my husband placed a charm on me and l became sick and eventually ran mad.

“He took me to somewhere in Matogun, Ikorodu under the pretext of curing me and l was being fed with all sorts of assorted charms.”

The petitioner said that she is still alive today due to the intervention of her family members who came to take her away, when her health was deteriorating.

She said, “I was taken to Ikare in Ondo State where l spent five months, before l became hale and hearty again.”

Bose alleged that when she came back to her matrimonial home, her husband did not relent in his fetish ways.

“He took me to a Muslim cleric who gave me a substance and told me not to get close to my husband for some time.

“On getting home, my husband told me to move to my parent’s house, which l refused. This led to a series of misunderstandings between us.’’

According to the petitioner, the respondent became confrontational with her.

“He told me that he wants to be rich this year under any circumstances. l must build houses and buy cars’’ to which l replied “there is no problem with that, as long as you don’t use me for money rituals.’’

Bose told the court that the respondent used force to collect her two children from her, under the guise of being a police officer.

She said, “They made me write a statement under duress, to release my children and they took them away from me, claiming that l was mentally unstable.

“I had to run for my dear life when l realised he was making serious efforts to use me for money rituals.”

The respondent, Adewale Oguntoye, an indigene of Ondo State, who is resident at No. 4, Oluyomi Olusesi St., Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, however, denied the allegations but was ready for the dissolution of the marriage.

According to the father of two, there has been a frosty relationship between him and his wife since she came up with the idea of going to another church.

Adewale, a resident of No. 4, Oluyomi Olusesi St., Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, claimed that the petitioner had been keeping late nights and would not disclose her whereabouts.

He said, “She started misbehaving, keeping all sorts of friends and became disrespectful to me.’’

Adewale said he suspected his wife was dating the pastor of the church she started attending, even after he vehemently disagreed and warned her not to continue, she remained adamant.

He alleged that the pastor took the petitioner out on Valentine’s Day and bought her different gifts.

The respondent described his wife as an adulterer.

On the allegation of trying to use his wife for money rituals, the respondent denied, but the petitioner remained adamant.

The court’s president later invited the estranged couple to his chambers for a possible resolution of the crisis.

He then adjourned the case until April 20, for hearing.

(NAN)

National News

Tinubu Hails Protesters, Carpets Hoodlums, Pleads For Cessation

Published

on

Bola Tinubu
Tinubu Hails Protesters, Carpets Hoodlums, Pleads For Cessation

Bola Tinubu

Former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has hailed young Nigerians for leading the #EndSARS protests across the nation against police brutality.

The APC National leader also commended Nigerian youths for the level of organisation that went into the protests, saying it showed a new level of consciousness that could strengthen Nigeria’s democracy.

He, however, warned the protesters against creating a platform that would lead to the destruction of Nigeria’s democratic process.

Tinubu pointed out that protesters must not abuse their right of demonstration by impeding the country’s democratic rights.

Also Read: ‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed

He, however, stated that the protesters must admit that President Muhammadu Buhari had “acted with commendable dispatch by not only scrapping SARS but also accepting the five-point demand that triggered the protests.”

He said it would only be fair for the youths to call off the protests and give the regime a chance to implement the reforms they had demanded.

Tinubu urged the youths to be careful not to fritter away the considerable gains they had made within a very short period with “lack of moderation and strategic thinking.”

He also condemned hoodlums who had begun to take advantage of the protests to perpetrate violence and disrupt civil life.

Continue Reading

National News

#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked Edo Protest – Deputy Governor

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked The Protest In Benin – Edo Deputy Governor
#EndSARS: Hoodlums Have Hijacked The Protest In Benin – Edo Deputy Governor

Philip Shaibu

Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu has stated that hoodlums have hijacked the #EndSARS protest in Benin.

“Hoodlums actually have taken over the exercise,” Mr. Shaibu said.

The deputy governor’s statement comes following the jail break by hoodlums in Benin City, the state capital.

Also Read: #EndSARS Protest: Edo Govt Sets-Up Judicial Panel

Mr. Shaibu made this known while speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

He revealed that many persons injured in the attack, he, however, could not confirm how many persons were killed.

He also stated that many inmates escaped from the prison, however, was not specific on how many.

He pleaded with the protesters to give the government a chance to implement the demands already made.

Continue Reading

National News

‘#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria’: Lai Mohammed

Published

on

Lai Mohammed
'#EndSARS One Of The Most Successful Protest In Nigeria': Lai Mohammed

Lai Mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has described the ongoing #EndSARS protests against police brutality as one of the most successful movements in Nigeria.

He noted that after the #EndSARS protest Nigerians will experience a better country where fundamental human rights will be respected.

Mohammed stated this while speaking at a Special NAN Forum on Monday in Abuja.

Also Read: Nigerian Youth Have Right To Protest, Says President Buhari

He pointed out that the Federal Government would be able to act if the protesters end the protest and allow the Government to attend to their demands

The Minister expressed that the protest has been hijacked by hoodlums and people with a selfish motive to destabilise the country.

He said the government had started the process of unprecedented reform of the police and the entire internal security structure following the #EndSARS protest.

 

Continue Reading

Trending