You know what I hate? When I’m chowing down on something delicious and healthy, like a bowl of granola, and someone comes over to me to tell me how loaded with butter and sugar my breakfast is.
Thanks a lot, everyone.
Truthfully, a lot of the “healthy” things I love aren’t all that great for me.
For example, it sucks red wine stops being healthy the second I have two glasses. I also hate that all my favorite breakfast cereals are loaded with sugar, as are a lot of the yogurts I bring for my mid-day snacks.
Yep, life is unfair. But, here’s the good news: Some of the things we’ve always been told are “bad” have some surprising health benefits.
Prepare to be amazed and eat some fantastic meals this week.
If you frequently spray I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! on your bread, you can swap it out for the real thing starting right now.
While it’s true butter has a good amount of calories and fat, when eaten in moderation, butter is actually a great way to get healthy, saturated fats and fat-soluble vitamins.
Not convinced? Research shows consuming full-fat dairy products is actually correlated with a lower risk of obesity.
Let’s get one thing out of the way right now: Drinking four margaritas tonight will lead to a hangover.
That being said, when it comes to alcohol, tequila has some awesome health benefits. Studies show tequila helps lower blood sugar and aids in blood flow. And in its purest form, tequila actually doesn’t lead to a hangover.
I now give you permission to have two shots of high-quality tequila with your dinner tonight.
If you feel guilty about your coffee habit, you really shouldn’t.
It’s true super sugary, calorie-packed Starbucks drinks aren’t doing you any favors. Plus, you should probably cut back if you think the caffeine is making it harder for you to sleep. But overall, coffee is actually pretty healthy.
In fact, your morning cup of Joe is filled with antioxidants, keeps you mentally sharp and reduces stress.
Eggs are one of those foods we’re constantly getting mixed messages on. There are eggs in cookies, super cheesy, high-calorie omelets and basically every other “bad” food you can think of. Plus, you heard some weird things about the yolk, so you should probably never touch an egg again… right?
In fact, you should probably make a batch of hard-boiled eggs right now.
Not only are eggs low in calories (a large egg has about 77 calories), but they’re packed with nutrients. Just one egg delivers a healthy dose of vitamins B12, B2, A and B5, as well as selenium.
I don’t know about you, but I’m having eggs for dinner.
Here’s why potatoes get a bad rap: They’re fried up to make french fries, mashed up and mixed with butter to make mashed potatoes and covered with sour cream and bacon when they’re baked.
But in their purest forms, medium-sized potatoes are super nutritious. They have 14 percent of your daily fiber, 36 percent of your daily vitamin C and 27 percent of your daily potassium.
Plus, potatoes are cheap. They deserve a place on your dinner plate.
Buying nonfat yogurt is out of style. The full-fat stuff is officially in.
Here’s the thing about nonfat yogurt: It has fewer nutrients than full-fat yogurt, and it generally has quite a bit of sugar added to it, which will leave you feeling hungry and tired for the rest of the day.
On top of that, studies show people who eat full-fat dairy products gain less weight and are at lower risks for obesity. So, ditch the fruity yogurt and go for the plain, creamy kind.
As a chocoholic, this is the best news ever.
No, you shouldn’t be loading up on Snickers bars and M&M’s (I know, it sucks), but eating a few squares of dark chocolate every day can curb sugar cravings, improve blood flow and provide the body with antioxidants.
Just try not to eat it too close to bedtime; dark chocolate contains small amounts of caffeine.
I hope you took notes and made a very impressive grocery list — just go easy on the tequila!
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Governor Bello Recovers From COVID-19 — After One Week In Isolation
Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello, has tested negative for Coronavirus following the repeat of tests for the virus.
The development was disclosed in a statement released by his Chief Press Secretary, Mrs. Mary Noel-Berje, in Minna on Monday.
Gov. Bello had on Nov. 9, disclosed that he tested positive for COVID-19 on his Twitter account and thereafter went into isolation.
Noel-Berje in the statement noted that the Governor has been declared free of the virus and can now resume back to his official duties.
Bello joins the list of governors who have been infected with the coronavirus.
Other governors who have recovered from COVID-19 include Bala Mohammed of Bauchi, Seyi Makinde of Oyo, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna, Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta.
Here Is A List Of Nigerian Foods That Cause Miscarriage
Pregnant women should avoid some common Nigerian foods that can cause miscarriage. These foods are beneficial to human beings, but they should not be eaten during – especially in the first three months – pregnancy because of some of their properties that can cause miscarriage.
Although Crabs are not poisonous, they shrink the uterus which could cause bleeding from the genitals and an eventual miscarriage.
This is not for pregnant women in their first trimester. This is because pineapple can cause contractions at such an early stage and this may finally lead to a miscarriage. The popular fruit also contains bromelain which works in softening the cervix. It also causes bleeding.
This is another popular fruit that can cause a miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy. The pawpaw seeds have enzymes that cause contractions which ultimately leads to a miscarriage.
- Uncooked eggs
This can also cause a miscarriage. As a pregnant woman, you should avoid eating uncooked eggs or mayonnaise which contains uncooked eggs in your first trimester. If you must eat eggs, make sure they are properly cooked with the egg yolk very solid before eating.
This is another food that can cause a miscarriage. Eating garlic will result in a stimulation of the uterus which may lead to contractions and pre-term labor that causes miscarriage.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment16 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Nicki Minaj Becomes First Female Rapper To Surpass 20 Billion Streams On Spotify
- National News16 hours ago
Shehu Sani Reacts To Hisbah’s Call For Scrapping Of Black Friday