Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market.
Job Title: Technical Services Coordinator
Auto req ID: 44BR
Job Class: Operations & Executive Management
Employee Type: Permanent
• Develop and implement systems and processes for mud engineering including but not limited to QA/QC, training, procedures, technical manuals, EHSQ, etc
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations and operational processes Operational
• Formulate and design cost effective mud programs and submit to customers
• Provides technical and operational response to customer inquiries
• Coordinates activities of personnel engaged in provision of equipment, products and/or services
• Discuss proposed mud programs with Engineers before the Job execution
• Receives and work on tenders
• Monitor, supervise and report technical performance of field staff
• Monitor technical revenue and report same to management bi weekly
• Draw up and review yearly business plan with the Operations Manager
• Make technical presentation on mud systems and new products
• Daily and weekly follow up on customer activity
• Manage business values and ethics amongst field engineers
• Ensure customer satisfaction both at wellsite and office
• Ensure regulatory permits for products and systems are obtained and available
• Manage and track competitors performance
• Assist field engineers with researched technical information and office support
• Monitor logistics and warehouse activity to ensure on- time customer delivery
• Monitor and follow up to ensure QA/QC reports for all mud chemicals and lab. reagents are well documented
• Monitor all KPI data as per well, report and discuss same with customer mud tech.
• Review and approve all end of well reports and submit to customer within two weeks
• Ensure all field staffs attend HSE and operator organized workshops and training
• Reports directly to the Operations Manager
• Monitors processes, technical and safety relating to job planning and pricing.
• Ensures all activities under their control are performed in accordance with the company’s HSE policy and local HSE legislation.
Key Performance Indicators
• Effectiveness of processes & systems in enabling the business
• Effectiveness of problem identification and solutions development efforts; levels of pro-activity displayed.
• Timeliness of product & service delivery to end users/clients
• Market share growth and Sales Volume/Customer
• Customer satisfaction levels
Qualifications & Experience
• First degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering from a reputable University.
• MBA or a Master’s degree in an engineering discipline will be an advantage.
• 8-10 years experience gained in an Oil Service environment
• Thorough understanding of drilling fluids engineering based on practical rig experience and client management
• Proven competencies in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint software programs.
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-starter with a keen sense of judgment, decisiveness and self-discipline.
• Creativity and innovation.
• Team player with a strong ability to lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
• Oral and written communication.
• Deep understanding of Nigerian and international Oil & Gas Industry
• Strong appreciation and understanding of key current and emerging drilling fluids technologies
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2015
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘I Don’t Believe In Sleeping Around To Make Money’ – Actress Destiny Etiko
- Football12 hours ago
Diego Maradona: Biography And Facts (Video)
- News Feed23 hours ago
Man plays video game in the hospital while his wife is in labour
- National News12 hours ago
Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno
- News Feed23 hours ago
I have become restless, lost my appetite after mocking street hawker – Motara
- National News12 hours ago
Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Yemi Alade Advises Nigerian Entertainers To Save, Invest
- Entertainment3 hours ago
Singer Kcee Reacts As Toke Makinwa Picks Bone Straight Hair Over True Love