The United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (UN-REDD Programme) is a collaboration between The Government of Nigeria, Cross River State, FAO, UNDP, UNEP.
Within the partnership, FAO supports countries on technical issues related to forestry and the development of cost effective and reliable Monitoring, Measurement, Reporting and Verification (M.MRV) processes for emissions reductions which form the core activities for the performance or result-based implementation phase of REDD+.
Job Title: National MRV (Monitoring, Reporting & Verification) Expert
Duty Station: Calabar, Main Office at the Cross River State Forest Service, with in-country travel
Duration: One year, full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct technical supervision of the Regional UN-REDD MRV Expert in Accra, the National REDD+ Coordinator at the Federal Ministry of Environment & the Chairman of the Forestry Commission of the Cross River States, and working in close collaboration with the UNREDD ChiefTechnical Advisor in Nigeria, and the Assistant FAO Representative for Programmes, the National MRV Expert will support and undertake activities leading to the development of a robust forest monitoring and reporting system to meet the needs of both the national and tnternational reporting requirements for Nigeria.
At Cross-River State level:
- Support and undertake capacity needs assessment on forestry inventory and monitoring;
- Support the development of capacities for undertaking GHG inventory in forestry and land-use sectors;
- Assist in specialized training and capacity building on forest monitoring & participatory forest monitoring;
- Assist in the procurement and interpretation of satellite imagery;
- Assist in the preparation of project work plans for submission to the Project Steering Committee for review;
- Assist in the production of Project Progress Reports on MRV for submission to FAO (FAO-Nigeria and
- FAO-Hqs) and in the production of the final MRV report of the project;
- Assist in data collection for country-specific wood density, and for development of allometric equations;
- Provide ongoing support to the REDD+ Iechoical Support Unit as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the selection & procurement of equipment for the MRV component of the REDD+ Programme (notable Remote Sensing, GIS and Forest Inventory equipment and the installation of the GIS laboratory and other monitoring tools);
- Provide muut; “‘,d technical support in the areas of land use stratification, the design of a multiresource forest inventory, field data collection and analysis, community-based forest monitoring. and the establishment of reference emission levels;
- Draft Terms of Reference, letters of Agreement and coordinate the work of international and national consultants recruited to undertake MRV related work, such as studies on drivers of deforestation and forest degradation; follow up execution and payments of Letters of Agreements and contracts;
At Federal level:
- Undertake capacity needs assessment on forestry monitoring:
- Develop capacities for undertaking GHG inventory in forestry and land-use sector.
- Provide trairung on forest monitoring to experts;
- Provide technical inputs to determine nationwide approach to stratification,
- Oversee and collaborate with the on-line tools for MRV;
- Provide ongoing support to REDD+ Technical Support to Unit.
- Advanced degree (at least Masters) in Forestry or a closely related field with emphasis on Forest Inventory, Remote Sensing, and GIS.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professions/experience
- Experience working in inter-cultural environments and relevant working experience for an international or multi-lateral organization are a plus.
- International travels may also be required.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English is required.
- Competence in forest information, systems and information management and experience in capacity building
- Demonstrated field experience in Nigeria and strong knowledge of relevant Nigerian
- institutions for REDD are required:
- Strong inter-personal skills, especially oral communication skills,
- Must be willing to regularly carry out presentations on the project status and its different components
Frequent contact with internal and external officials of whom many are at the senior level.
Method of Application
Applications should include detailed curriculum vitae (CV) as well as copies of all academic and professional certificates,
All candidates applying for this position are further required to apply through the FAO iRecruitment system; the link is: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ or http://www.fao.org/employment/en/
Kindly complete the on line FAO Personal Profile Form in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any Internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send the same along with your credentials electronically via e-mail to FAO-NG@fao.org on or before cob Tuesday 22 July 2014 and should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria
Food and Agriculture Organization Of the United (FAO-UN)
UN House, Abuja,
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment9 hours ago
Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- Entertainment14 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky
- News Feed9 hours ago
Smoking Weed Is The First Sign Of A Useless Boyfriend -Nigerian Lady Says
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“Start Saving Your Money Now”- Kiddwaya Advises Celebrity Friends
- National News14 hours ago
#EndSARS: UK Parliament Does Not Speak For British Govt – FG