There’s no right or wrong way to celebrate your first wedding anniversary. While some couples prefer exchanging gifts and sharing a slice of saved wedding cake, others buck tradition and opt for a trip or, instead, a relaxing night at home together. However you choose to celebrate your first anniversary, what’s important is that you are together to honor your commitment in your own special way.
Exchange Traditional Gifts
The traditional first-anniversary gift is paper. While paper may seem boring, you can get creative. Make a “100 Reasons” jar by writing one thing you love about your spouse on 100 small pieces of paper and place them into the jar. If you are up for a challenge, include 365 reasons so your partner can open the jar and read one reason each day for the next full year. If you like to travel, surprise your spouse with a large world map to pin up in your home. The two of you can use it to plan trips and track destinations. Include plane tickets to a special destination. Other paper ideas include tickets to a concert, movie or sports game.
Exchange Modern Gifts
If the paper gift isn’t your thing, consider a more modern one-year anniversary gift, such as a timepiece. Get your spouse a snazzy watch or heirloom cuckoo clock, or consider a more creative gift based on the concept of time in general. If you have busy schedules and struggle to find time to spend together, give your spouse the gift of your time, pledging to devote one evening each week to reconnect — no matter what. For a creative play on the time theme, plan an anniversary getaway to New York City and stay at a hotel in the heart of Times Square. If you have the time and the funds, plan an anniversary vacation abroad to a city with one of the world’s most famous clocks, such as Big Ben in London or the Floral Clock in Ontario.
Reminisce and Eat Cake
Plan a low-key anniversary celebration at home with your love, a bottle of champagne and your wedding album. Pop your wedding video in the DVD player and relive your big day. Reflect on your first year of marriage and toast to the future. If you still have the top tier of your wedding cake in your freezer, thaw it out at least 24 hours in advance so you can eat it while you watch your video. Another idea is to plan an anniversary memory lane evening. If you still live in the area where your relationship blossomed, stop by all the places that were special to your relationship, such as the park where you shared your first kiss or the place where you got engaged.
Renew Your Vows
Some people like to renew their wedding vows every year. You certainly don’t need to break the bank with a vow-renewal ceremony. If you want to do something extra special, consider flying to Las Vegas for an inexpensive renewal at a quirky wedding chapel. However, you don’t have to do any of that to renew your vows. You don’t even have to invite anyone to witness it. You can simply stand in your living room, just you and your spouse, and recommit yourselves to each other, repeating your wedding vows or coming up with new ones.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News22 hours ago
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
- National News22 hours ago
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Politics19 hours ago
Injustice Made Me To Dump PDP For APC – Senator Abbo
- National News19 hours ago
Buhari Will Set Nigeria On Fire If He Doesn’t Implement People’s Demands —Wike
- National News22 hours ago
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
- Metro News21 hours ago
Nigeria Ranks Third On Global Terrorism Index Despite Drop In Deaths – Report
- Entertainment6 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album