Connect with us

Metro News

How Abuja Electrician Recovered Gov. Akpabio’s Missing Dollars •Gets N1m Cash Reward

Published

on

Godswill AkpabioThe over $250,000 (about N40 million) which last month was reportedly missing from the bedroom of Governor Godswill Akpabio at the Akwa Ibom state governor’s lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, has been recovered intact.

The news of the missing mint-fresh dollars was first reported by Saharareporters which said it was a left-over from a stash of dollars kept by the governor in his bedroom but which suddenly disappeared on the night he attended a dinner with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Aso Rock Villa a fortnight ago.

News of the missing money was never publicly confirmed by the governor or any of his representatives but it was learnt that three stewards working at the lodge, were dismissed on suspicions that they helped themselves to the bundles of dollars.

However, it was learnt that the missing money was recovered a week after by an electrician invited to carry out minor repairs on one of the air conditioners inside the governor’s bedroom at the lodge.

According to PREMIUM TIMES, the culprit was actually one of the drivers attached to the office of the governor’s Special Representative in Abuja, who is the caretaker of the lodge.

The driver had reportedly sneaked into Akpabio’s room and removed the bundles from where they were kept but due to the tight security around that section of the lodge, he neatly tucked the money inside the compartment of the air conditioner till a more convenient time when he would be able to smuggle it out unnoticed.

According to officials at the governor’s lodge, a week after the money was declared missing, it was observed that one of the air conditioners in the governor’s bedroom appeared to have developed fault.

The driver behind the missing money, coincidentally, was detailed to fetch an electrician to fix the malfunctioning AC ahead of the governor’s next visit.

The electrician was called based on his previous working experience at the lodge.

The officials stated that while driving the electrician to the lodge, the culprit confessed to the workman that he had left “something” valuable inside the air conditioner which he expected him to retrieve for him with promise of a huge reward if he pulled it off.

However, because of the extra security arrangement in place around the lodge following the incident of the missing dollars, it was difficult for the electrician to deliver on his promise as one of the security operatives working at the lodge was promptly assigned to supervise the repairs.

On opening the air conditioner for repairs, the electrician was reportedly confronted with a carefully wrapped parcel inside the system in confirmation of what the driver had earlier told him.

The electrician was said to have immediately called the attention of the security operative detailed to monitor his work and on opening the parcel, it was discovered that bundles of the missing money were actually found inside.

Scared that he may be roped in by the discovery, the electrician reportedly confessed to the operative about what transpired between him and the driver on their way to the lodge.

The money was promptly handed over to the governor’s aide, who on hearing the good news, ordered that the electrician be rewarded with N1million cash while the dismissed stewards were to be recalled immediately; although they were redeployed to other assignments.

The fate of the driver remained uncertain as at the time of this report.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Goddy Ehis

    July 21, 2013 at 9:29 pm

    One million is too small oga Akpos. Afterall you too stole d money.

  2. Emanson Enaannato

    July 22, 2013 at 2:52 am

    A thief pland 2 thief a thief.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending