By Toni Eghosakruz Ewone
Over the years,the welfare and security of the Nigerian child has
always been neglected. Due to this disregardance,there is a stunningly
alarming rate of kidnapping among preschoolers and pupils daily and
while measures with action programmes have not been put in place to
curb this,the dilemma continues to pullulate.
Attesting to current situations,Nigeria is becoming a kidnapping
capital and heist of all sorts occur daily. It would awe you to know
that Nigeria’s sad reality is a new occurence and has skyrocketed from
2009 till date. One unforgettable event would be the madness
exemplified in 2010 when 15 School children were kidnapped(bus hijack)
in Aba,Abia State. This news caused outrage worldwide and though the
kids were released in a fortnight,little is known as to if a ransom
was scraped out by the abductors.
Child Kidnapping becoming more of a statement in this clime is a
failure on the Nation’s part and the unwillingness by Citizens to make
demands of Government for harsher sentences on kidnappers leaves the
issue tolerated and therefore continue unabated. Below are ten succint
inklings to ensure your child’s security –
1) Vet Domestic Staffs — Ensure domestic staffs at home e.g House
helps are properly examined and scrutinized from time to time.
Continually study your drivers,cooks and househelps. Most kidnappings
involving children have been arranged by domestic staffs so do make
sure they’re referenced properly by a reputable guarantor before
2) Organized School Run — Always ensure that adequate security
measures are put in place for your children in collaboration with
their schools during drop-off and pick-up times. Parents should
endeavour to always scrutinate their ward’s school run and report any
scoop to the school or appropriate authority.
3) Driver Education — Parents and Guardians should consistently
educate their drivers to be more wary of security agents on routine
checks and ensure they are not being tailed to and from school,church
as well as other areas. Children on their part must aid their
chauffeur to circumspect.
4) Avoid Routines — When picking up your ward from any
location,avoiding routines and rush hours have over time proved to be
most helpful as it has foiled hijack attempts and consequently proven
to be a successful life saver. Constantly changing these times thus
make one less of a kidnap bait.
5) Child Education — Make certain to discipline your kids/wards never
to talk to strangers or open doors for unknown persons. Ensure to
guide them against collecting gifts,alms or favour from strangers as
these could serve as traps for kidnappers.
6) Information Control — Cogent dossiers such as financial
plans,travelling report and classified business transactions should
not be privy to your kids. Kids virtually may not take it as face
value and thus spill the bean alluring snatchers. If in any case this
should be,children should forewarned to keep lips sealed.
7) Child Supervision — Endeavour to always monitor your children’s
growth along with their behavioural changes. Teach them the art of
engaging their school pals and peers such as knowing their family
background before familiarization. Your kids should choose their
friends and not the other way round.
8) Keep an Eye — Never leave your children in the car unattended to.
Always oversee and act as a watchdog for them be it church,at the
movies,shopping mall or a friend’s birthday party. Kids left alone and
neglected could gallivant into atrocious hands.
9) Engage School Teacher — Parents should make certain to establish
a good relationship with their ward’s tutors. Engage teachers to also
keep a regular eye on your ward and give you feedback concerning your
child’s growth and affairs.
Notwithstanding the above piece, Parents should always communicate
with their children and respond to their needs to ensure contentment.
This guarantees safety and insures against crime,dissatisfaction and
For Security Converse,Twitter handle is @Eghosakruz.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘The People Who Don’t Know You Are The Ones Who Help You Succeed’ – Wathoni Ayansi
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- Entertainment23 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kaisha Signs Two New Endorsement Deals
- News Feed23 hours ago
Kidnapped APC Chairman Found Dead
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Focus On Physical Attraction, Then Character, When Choosing Life Partner’: Reno Omokri
- News Feed23 hours ago
I am not really happy in life — DJ Cuppy
- News Feed23 hours ago
Vee Reacts After She Was Mocked For Signing Endorsement Deal With Brand That Allegedly Sells Bleaching Cream
- News Feed23 hours ago
I’ll choose you to be my husband over and over – Patience Jonathan tells her hubby, Goodluck