Education

WAEC Set to Conduct Co-ordination, Marking of Scripts June 2011

Why You Should Buy YouTube Views Cheap

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) will conduct the Main Coordination and Marking of Scripts for the May/June 2011 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) across the country from 16th to 29th June, 2011.
According to the Deputy Director (Public Affairs) WAEC, Y.D. Ari, the exercise, which will be carried out at 75 (Seventy-Five) Venues across the country, will involve a total of 60,907(Sixty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Seven) Examiners; comprising of 62 (Sixty-Two) Chief Examiners; 9,158 (Nine Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty-Eight) Team Leaders and 51,687 (Fifty-One Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty-Seven) Assistant Examiners.

He noted that the Coordination meetings of Chief Examiners and Team Leaders will be held on Thursday, June 16, 2011; while the Coordination meetings for Assistant Examiners will be held on Friday, June 17 to Sunday, June 19, 2011 at all the Venues.

“The actual marking of scripts will take place from Monday, June 20, 2011 to Wednesday, June 29, 2011,” he said.

Ari stated that Examiners who have not received their letters of invitation are requested to pick them up at the WAEC Office in their States or at the Marking Venues.

He pointed out that arrangements are, however, being made by the Council for examiners to print their letters of invitations from its website saying that text messages on how to do this will be sent to all examiners who have submitted their mobile phone numbers to the Council.

His words: “The May/June2011 WASSCE was conducted by the Council at 12,846 (Twelve Thousand, Eight Hundred and Forty-Six) schools nationwide and was taken by 1,540,250 (One Million, Five Hundred and Forty Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty) candidates.”
Source: Vanguard Newspapers

1. Ajayi Abdullahi Ojo

June 13, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I can not find where you said we should print a copy of invitation letter for examiners.

2. JEDAIAH ERHAGBAI OSHIOKE

June 14, 2011 at 5:06 am

Please the site from which i’m directed to print my invitation as an examiner from do not contain the invitation print out. Please help

3. olomola ayodola

June 14, 2011 at 8:25 am

please direct me to where to print the invitation letter as an assistant examiner

4. E Akporowho

June 14, 2011 at 9:34 am

I was able locate the site where letters are to be printed but the site did not respond either to print or to check the list of examiners.
    Rev. E Akporowho

5. lijoka akinboyede

June 14, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I cannot find where the invitation letter can be downloaded

6. Zubairu

June 14, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Cant find the site as directed to print invitation letter. Waec, do your home work well directive. This is how we will finish marking and they will not pay us on time

7. Fakolade K

June 15, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I could not get the invitaion letter printed. Pls tell me what to do.

8. william emmanuel jakheng

June 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm

please help me, I can’t fine the page to print the invitation letter.

9. deborah .k. akut

June 15, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I can’t find the page to print my invitation letter pls waec do someting before it’s too late.

10. Siyanbola Olalekan Isaac

June 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I received the text message on my phone but could not locate where my letter is on your website talk less printing the letter.what else can I do?

11. Buraimoh G.O

June 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

12. Buraimoh, R.A

June 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Please hw can i print my invitation letter please tell me bcos i open the site i cant find the letter.

13. EGBE. B.

June 16, 2011 at 5:01 pm

weac. please direct me on how to print the invitation letter, because, I, open the site, as directed by the text. but nor carried the letter.

14. Ogbonna Ogachi .C

June 16, 2011 at 6:23 pm

weac. please direct me on how to print the invitation letter, because, I, opened the site, as directed by the text. I can’t find where to print the invitation letter as an assistant examiner

15. Kujore L. A. T

June 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm

How wil i print the invitation letter because am confused.

16. Olujobi A O

June 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I am still unable to access the site to print my letter like so many others. Pls what else shall we do?

17. Onoshagbegbe, S. E.

June 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm

How can I access and print my invitation letter. Thanks!

18. Kingsley

August 27, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Plz guyz,any1 dat haz any info on how 2 get d invitation letter shud plz contact me on 07062443487

19. Onele A.kelechi

August 29, 2011 at 2:15 pm

It’s very much bad dat people pay their money to sit for exam and at the end of the day some of theiir subjects would be missing,so therefore,lets’ the exam markers shuld be very meticulous in the process of marking.

20. Suny

September 10, 2011 at 9:36 pm

How can somebody b seaking dis kind of english and u stil giv him exam 2 mark “talk less” is dey any word like talk less.dat iswhy student fail.

21. Temitope

August 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm

It is true that markers are selling candidate results

22. diya

June 10, 2013 at 9:53 am

Do we really need to print the I.V. ?

23. lilian oluchi

June 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm

how do i print out the invitation letter
    pls reply before it became late

24. imoniana Mercy Okiemute

June 10, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Please I could not find my invitation letter on your website.

25. adeniyi

June 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Pls l could not find where to print out the i v letter letter.

26. OLANREWAJU, LATEEF OLATUNJI

June 10, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Please,i cann’t find my invitation letter for June 2013 coordination exercise.Thank you

• Abegunde F.T.

June 10, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I can not find i.v. letter on your website

27. Isah A. A.

June 12, 2013 at 6:17 pm

WAEC ought to pay all the Examiners for this embarrassment-asking us to check for what they failed, refused and/or neglected to put in place.

28. akinwumi olakunle

June 13, 2013 at 11:42 am

there is noting wrong with the waec site just type the site they gave you, don’t google it. I have downloaded all the documents to be printed later.

29. ekenkemjika

June 18, 2013 at 11:57 pm

please i need assistance on how to download my invitation letter.tanks

30. Adewumi E.Ademola

October 29, 2013 at 7:14 am

To print my letter of invitation for nov/dec 2013 waec o/level. My use rid is08033778667 & my password is 5052191

31. IDOWU olajide taofik

June 7, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I can’t access my invitation letter. It says another examiner has d name.

32. AYENI, EBENEZER O.

June 10, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Please, I received your SMS on 07/06/2014 that I can print my invitation letter with USER ID: 08065646544, and the PASSWORD: 20421753. However, the internet kept saying ‘incorrect password’. Thus, I cant print my Invitation Letter. What can I do to print it, please.

33. OREKOYA OLUWASHOLA A.

June 13, 2014 at 9:51 am

I can not print my invitation letter , what can I do to print it

34. AZAHAN CHRISTOPHER

October 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I WILL LIKE TO MARK THIS NOV/DEC 2014 EXTERNAL EXAM

35. USMAN SULEIMAN

June 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I cannot find 2015 examiners invitation letter which you said I should print.

36. Ann-frances

June 19, 2015 at 12:41 pm

I am unable to print out my invitation letter ! what can i do?

Education

NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely

NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely
NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely

NECO

The National Examinations Council (NECO) on Sunday announced the suspension of the ongoing Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examinations (SSCE) indefinitely.

This was made known in a statement by NECO’s Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani.

Also Read: #EndSARS: Enugu Govt Adjusts 24-Hour Curfew

The examination body explained that the action was taken due to the closure of schools and the curfew imposed by some state governors to safeguard lives occasioned by the #EndSARS protests.

“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #ENDSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country,” the statement partly read.

Education

#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Sanwo-Olu Extends Lagos Curfew By 72 hours
#EndSARS Protest: Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of Schools In Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

The Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the closure of public and private schools indefinitely in the state.

The closure of schools in Lagos was announced in a press statement on Monday by the state’s Head of Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Kayode Abayomi.

Also Read: #EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)

The statement which was titled, ‘Lagos directs students to stay at home’, quoted Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, the Commissioner for Education, as saying that the schools were shut down over “tension generated by the anti-SARS protests.”

This is coming at a time #EndSARS protests against police brutality and bad governance by Nigerian youths grounded academic activities in some schools in the state on Monday.

“A new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.”

Education

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

NECO Shifts Exam Over #EndSARS Protest

The National Examination Council, NECO, has announced the rescheduled of one of the practical examinations supposed to hold in October till the next month.

This was contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Sunday, October 18, by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division for the Nigerian exam body, Mr. Azeez Sani.

He announced that the Paper I Computer Studies Practicals examination which was supposed to be taken on Monday, October 19 is now delayed till November 16, 2020.

Also Read: Buhari Appoints Professor Godswill Obioma As New NECO Registrar

Sani revealed that the postponement is a result of the ongoing #EndSARS protests across the country, particularly the blockage of movement of transport at the entrance gate into Benin City, the Edo state capital.

He noted further that the truck conveying NECO examination materials had left its take-off point two days earlier to deliver to some states but has been held up in the ‘blockage.