2 November 2020, Lagos, Nigeria: In a bid to promote greater recyclability of its bottles, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited has announced that its Sprite bottles will be moving from the iconic green plastic packaging to clear plastic packaging, effective November 2, 2020.
Since its launch in 1958, Sprite has always sported a signature green bottle. Now the brand is evolving from its iconic green colour packaging to a clear, new look, in line with its mission to reduce its carbon footprint not only in Nigeria but also across the world.
Speaking on the new look, Marketing Manager, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, Abiodun Ajiborode explained, “For us at Coca-Cola, clear is better and we’re working to slowly phase out our colored packaging for the all new clear bottles as they are easier to recycle. By 2030, for every bottle or can the Coca-Cola System sells, we aim to help take one back so that our bottles have more than one life. To achieve this ambitious goal, the Coca-Cola System is actively working with all stakeholders to ensure we meet this”.
The transition of Sprite’s plastic bottles from green to transparent bottles is part of the company’s “World Without Waste” vision which ensures that more of its bottles are collected and recycled into other products.
Coloured recyclable plastics, as confirmed by industry experts, are harder to recycle and have much more limited use as compared to clear plastics. Because of this, the transition of Sprite to clear plastic packaging ensures that its bottles are easier to recycle. This development not only benefits the immediate environment within which the company resides but also poses material benefits for informal waste reclaimers due to the higher valuation placed on clear plastics in comparison with darker plastic colours.
Coca-Cola has, indeed, demonstrated its commitment to ensuring a reduction in its carbon footprint across the country, by awarding over $1,000,000 through its philanthropic arm, The Coca-Cola Foundation, to multiple NGOs in Nigeria for the execution of locally relevant and adaptable programs to address the issue of environmental wellness while engendering environmentally-friendly habits amongst residents.
Also speaking on this exciting transition, the Public Affairs, Communication and Sustainability Manager, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, Nwamaka Onyemelukwe explained, “We understand that Nigeria has a plastic waste problem and we are committed to playing a significant role in solving this through our World Without Waste initiative. While Sprite has always had its unique green packaging which consumers are no doubt used to, we decided to make the transition to clear bottles to signal that our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint is stronger than ever”.
According to the company, the previous version of the product will continue to be on shelves during the transition period from October to December. However, this process might be extended due to the current global situation.
With its presence in over 190 countries, including Nigeria, Sprite’s new clear look includes a see-through bottle, refreshed icon of the brand’s bold and iconic Sprite ‘spark’ with a distinct label and bright green cover.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News23 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- National News23 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News21 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer 9ice Shares New Family Video; Hints At Reconciliation With His Wife
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Being Divorced Is Nothing To Shame Anyone For’ – Toke Makinwa Blasts Reno Omokri
- Entertainment19 hours ago
BBNaija’s Laycon To Star In Showmax Original, ‘I Am Laycon’