Connect with us

Politics

Buhari’s Third Term Agenda Kicked Off In September: Falana

Published

on

File photo of Falana and Buhari

 

Femi Falana

Femi Falana

Popular lawyer, Femi Falana(SAN) has responded to an attack from the presidency regarding his claims on President Muhammadu Buhari’s “third term agenda”.

Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, while reacting to Falana’s claim on Buhari’s third term agenda, described it as fake news, saying Buhari will not be a candidate in any presidential election in Nigeria after his second term.

However, Falana, while speaking in a statement on Wednesday said Buhari’s third term agenda kicked off in September.

He said, “The third term agenda for President Muhammadu Buhari kicked off on September 21, 2019 under the auspices of “Movement For the Approval Of Buhari Third Term,” Falana said.

Read Also: Nigerians Drag Buhari’ s Aide For ‘Insulting’ Falana

“The members of the group who launched the campaign in Abuja were not harassed by the Police or the State Security Service. The Presidency did not deem it fit to disown or dissociate itself from the campaign.

“However, following the popular rejection of the campaign, the Presidency issued a statement on October 2, 2019 to “correct internet-based gossip and un-informed media commentary regarding presidential term limits, given credence by so-called support groups, staging street demonstrations asking President Muhammadu Buhari to do a third term.

“Notwithstanding the official denial of the third term agenda, the Buhari regime has since intensified its campaign for the emasculation of the opposition and constriction of the democratic space.

“This has been manifested in the subversion of the rule of law through disobedience of court orders, sponsoring of anti-media bills and reckless arrest, detention and prosecution of the perceived enemies of the federal government. Peaceful meetings and rallies against unpopular policies of the government are violently suppressed while crowds are rented to attack groups and citizens who challenge authoritarian rule in the land.

“The Presidency has decided to attack me for challenging the support groups and APC leaders that are behind the third term campaign. Even though the campaigners are well known to the security agencies they have not being attacked by the Presidency.”

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Politics

#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Published

on

Gov Yahaya Bello
#EndSARS: Gov Bello Warns Protesters Against Overthrowing Buhari

Governor Bello

The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has declared his intention to lead the #EndSARS protest against police brutality ongoing nationwide.

He stated this during an interview with Africa Independent Television AIT on Monday night.

Bello called on his fellow state governors to tack charge in their respective states so as to prevent loss of lives and properties due to attacks by hoodlums.

Also Read: Fayemi Names Members Of Judicial Panel On Human Rights Violations By Police

He, however, warned Nigerian youths to resist the temptation of using the current situation in the country to seek an undemocratic change in leadership.

The Governor warned that those interested in the presidency must wait till 2023 and go through democratic processes.

He urged the protesting youths to leave the streets and embrace dialogue.

https://twitter.com/jeffreyetuss/status/1318273749565739011?s=19

Continue Reading

Trending