Connect with us

Trending

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 18th November 2019

Published

on

Nigerian Newspaper headlines today

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines

KogiDecides: Yahaya Bello Leads Wada With Wide Margin After 14 LGs

Incumbent Kogi State Governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Yahaya Bello, is leading with a very wide margin going by results announced so far by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Governor Bello is ahead of the other 23 candidates with over 200, 000 votes margin in 14 out of the 21 local government areas where results have been officially announced. Bello got a total of 333,212 votes, followed distantly by Musa Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with 101,469 votes.

Why We Are At War With Obaseki: APC Chieftain

General Charles Airhavbere, a former Edo State governorship candidate has explained why a faction of the All Progressives Congress, APC is at war with governor Godwin Obaseki.

According to the APC chieftain said the governor has “refused to listen to voice of reason’’ while speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin, on Sunday.
He described Obaseki as one who lacked interpersonal skills needed to make the difference in the exalted office.

KogDecides: INEC Declares 30 Staff Missing

The Independent National Electoral
Commission, INEC, has declared 30 of its staff who took part in the Kogi State governorship election on Saturday, missing.

Nigeria’s Electoral System Has Failed: Attahiru Jega

Immediate past Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof Attahiru Jega has said the electoral process across Africa has failed to entrench good governance in Africa.

Jega stated this on Thursday at the University of Ibadan, UI, while delivering 2019 Convocation Lecture titled, “Towards Credible Electoral Process and Sustainable Political Systems in Nigeria: What role for Universities.

Dickson Calls For Cancellation Of Election In Nembe, Southern Ijaw (Video)

Governor Seriake Dickson has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to cancel the election in parts of the state where the exercise was characterised by brigandage, hijacking of electoral materials and personnel.

The governor made this statement after he voted in his Sagbama polling unit.

BayelsaDecides: Army Joining Forces With APC To Rig Polls: PDP

Governor of Bauchi State and Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) campaign council in Bayelsa State, Bala Mohammed, and the PDP candidate in the 2019 state governorship
contest, Senator Douye Diri, has accused the Nigerian Army of joining forces with the All Progressives Congress (APC) to rig results in Saturday’s election.

According to them, Major General Jamil Sarham, who is supposed to be on transfer to the Nigerian Defence Academy has been the mastermind of orchestrated plot to rob the PDP of imminent victory. The Bauchi governor said “Ordinarily, if this is a law-abiding country, the APC is not supposed to be on the ballot. That party has no candidate in this election as far as we are concerned.

KogiDecides: Cancel Elections In Kogi, Situation Room Urges INEC

The Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room has urged the Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC) to cancel the governorship and senatorial elections in Kogi State which held on Saturday.

The Situation Room described the governorship election in Bayelsa State as being nothing to write home about.
Addressing a press conference in Abuja on the conduct of the Bayelsa and Kogi elections, the Convener of the Civil Society Situation Room, Clement Nwankwo, said the elections were a great setback to Nigeria’s electoral democracy.

BayelsaDecides: APC Set To Win Governorship Seat

The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, David Lyon is set to become the winner of the Bayelsa State gubernatorial election.

KogiDecides: Melaye Laments As Smart Adeyemi Leads After Five LGAs (Video).

Former lawmaker, Senator Dino Melaye has lamented bitterly over the result of the Kogi West senatorial re-run election.
Going by the results announced by INEC so far in Kogi, Senator Dino Melaye may not win the rerun of the senatorial election between him and Smart Adeyemi of the All Progressive Congress, (APC)

KogiDecides: PDP Candidate Rejects Result Even Before INEC Declares Winner

The candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Musa Wada has rejected the result of Saturday’s Kogi gubernatorial election.

Speaking with journalists, the PDP candidate said that the election results being announced by INEC was a representation of what happened in the field.

According to him, he would head to the tribunal to challenge the outcome of the poll, stressing that result from all the local governments have been rewritten.

Metro News

Infinix Note 8 on celebrity talk show Rubbin minds with Ebuka, first smart phone in Nigeria

Published

on

Last Sunday, the Rubbin minds show took an unexpected but totally pleasant turn as popular presenter and
anchor of the show, Ebuka featured Infinix Content Manager, Kevin Olumese, on a special edition for the recently
launched Infinix Note 8.

If you’d cast your mind not so far back, you’d remember that Infinix set a record with the Note 8’s predecessor
(Note 7) earlier this year when it was launched in a short, Infinix-customized show which was studded with
celebrities. On Sunday, Infinix set another record as it became the first smartphone to be launched on the
celebrity talk show- Rubbin Minds.

If there’s anything that’s more interesting than the sound of this new achievement, it surely will be how exactly the
show went down.

As usual, Ebuka drilled deep into the business of his guest which, on this show, was the Infinix Note 8. No
questions were spared and Kevin, Infinix’s representative, did well to provide precise answers to every question
asked as regards the Infinix Note 8 and the Infinix brand on the show. And, as usual, both the anchor, guest and
most certainly, the viewers at home had a great time sharing laughs and conversation around the Note 8. The
show got off to an early start as Ebuka asked why the Note 8 was codenamed the Night Shot King. Kevin’s
simple answer to the question was “Simply put, it takes awesome shots at night.” However, he did us one better
as he explained in more detail what the Note 8’s night shot camera has to offer.

According to Kevin – and, backed up by several reviews online – the Note 8 comes with a 64MP Ultra HD, Nights
shot camera that introduces adequate lighting into low-light scenes and makes it possible to capture beautifully lit
images with true-to-life beauty and rich colours during the night time.

Kevin posited that this device could not have come at a better time than now. His reason for holding that position is that if the pandemic has thought us anything it’d be to cherish the moments that we get to share
together. Luckily, the lock-down has been eased all over the world and lovers, friends and people in general are
beginning to meet and hangout with themselves once again. Because these meetings are more special than they
used to be, it’s only apt for us to want to have them captured and saved up regardless of the time and the Note 8
makes sure that this is achievable at any time round the clock.

Among other features of the Note 8 that was discussed on the show was the device’s 6.95inch HD+ screen. The
super-wide screen is good for mobile gaming, Netflix or YouTube binging, bantering on social media and
consuming every form of visual content.

Other features include the 16Mp dual selfie camera that sits right in the top left corner of the devices screen, eliminates the upper notch, and captures crisp images. The device also comes with a mobile game-dedicated
processor called the MediaTek Helio G80 processor and runs on a 5200mAh battery.

During the course of the show, Kevin also revealed other things like why the brand adopts the type of designs
and uses the colour options that it currently uses for its product. He also shed some light on why Infinix has
Davido as its brand ambassador and why the brand has a keen interest in entertainment. This was a very
expository moment on the show.

Towards the tail end of the event, Infinix announced two of its empowerment activities that are already ongoing.
The first is the Storm X challenge, designed for young entertainers who can either dance or sing. Infinix has
promised to reward the winner of the challenge with the opportunity to feature one of Nigeria’s leading artiste.

The other empowerment activity is called the #EmpoweredByinfnixNote8 campaign and is targeted towards
young entrepreneurs. At the end of the campaign, lucky entrepreneurs will walk away with 1million naira
empowerment fund.

Interested participants can follow @Infinixnigeria on Facebook, Twitter r Instagram to get more details on any of
the empowerment activities.

This special edition of the Rubbin minds show was truly insightful and engaging and Infinix is set to entertain
viewers once more as they also announced that they’d be the lead sponsor of the second edition of the Turn Up
Friday which is set to kick off later this month.

Infinix has always devised means to connect better with their fans, and they seem to be intensifying their efforts
during this final quarter of the year. Hopefully, this move will yield great dividend for them as they prepare for the
end of the year.

Continue Reading

Trending

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Published

on

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Atiku

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to rejig the security architecture of Nigeria following the continuous attacks of Boko Haram in the nation.

This is coming following the beheading of 43 farmers in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital by suspected Boko Haram members.

Reacting in a post on his Twitter page, Atiku expressed sadness over the tragic incident, describing it as heartbreaking.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

The former presidential candidate condoled with families of the slain farmers in Borno State.

He wrote:

“Heartbreaking. Words fail me. The lives of our citizens should be worth much more than this. The rejig of the nation’s security architecture is long overdue. May their souls rest in peace and may their families be comforted.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Published

on

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Shehu Sani

Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has condemned the gruesome killing of 43 Borno farmers by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect.

The former lawmaker who reacted via a statement on his Twitter account lamented that Nigeria has continued to bleed in the hands of the evil ones.

Also Read: “This Is A Matter Of Life And Death” – Fani-Kayode Reacts As Sultan of Sokoto Declares North Insecure

He wrote:

“The reported massacre of over 40 farmers by insurgents in Borno state earlier today is condemnable. This is recurring news for some, but a horrible tragedy for the children, wives, and loved ones they left behind. Every dawn of a new day, our nation bleeds in the hands of evil.”

Continue Reading

Trending