An Image Architect from America, a Luxury Fashion designer from London and a Master in retail, marketing and communications from Hong Kong – the recently announced line-up for The GTBank Fashion Weekend Masterclass, doesn’t just cut across the fashion industry, it also cuts across three continents!
More facilitators will be announced as the countdown to the biggest fashion event in Africa continues.
The fourth edition of the GTBank Fashion Weekend is set to hold from Saturday the 9th to Sunday the 10th of November 2019, at the GTCentre, Plot 1, Water Corporation Drive, Oniru, Lagos.
Meet your Facilitators:
Law’s works have appeared in leading publications such as Vogue, Time Magazine, GQ, Billboard, New York Magazine, Notion, amongst others.
Before Law became the creative director responsible for the style transformation of legendary superstar Celine Dion and hollywood starlet Zendaya, he was the boy from Chicago with a knack for spotting fashionable vintage pieces. He started his career in the fashion industry, selling vintage clothes from the trunk of his car.
In 2009, Law took his fashion business from the trunk to the storefront and opened his own boutique named Deliciously Vintage. After a few successful years, Law moved to Los Angeles where he won his first major client, actress Zendaya. Law’s network of clients now include A-list celebrities such as Anne Hathaway, Zendaya,Ariana Grande, Tom Holland, Tiffany Haddish, and many more.
In 2016 he joined the panel of judges for the hit TV show “America’s Next Top Model” and was the first African American on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter’s Most Powerful Stylists issue.
David Au is the Editor in Chief of Vogue, Hong Kong. Prior to joining Vogue HK, he was the Group Managing Director for leading Asian conglomerate, Fung Retailing Group, overseeing the overall marketing for the nine business units, including Toys “R” US, Macy’s China Limited, amongst others.
Mr. Au has extensive luxury, retail, marketing and communication experience. From 2001 to 2006, Mr. Au held the position of International Communication Director for Celine SA, Paris. At Celine, Mr. Au was directly responsible for the brand management and communication for four key zones including, USA, Japan, Asia and Europe, whilst also sitting on all the major committees.
In 2006, Mr. Au returned to his home country, Hong Kong, and joined Ermenegildo Zegna, an Italian luxury fashion group, where he oversaw brand management and communication in six major markets.
In his time as Editor in Chief of Vogue HK, Mr. Au has been behind some of the magazine’s most memorable moments, like the 2019 historical cover of global superstar, Rihanna, who became the first black woman to grace the cover of Vogue Hong Kong. Mr. Au sits on numerous Boards including the International Board of Vertu, the Advisory Board of Kailis Pearls, the Board of Macy’s China Limited, amongst others.
Huishan Zhang, is one of London’s finest designers. Chinese-born and Dior haute couture-trained, Huishan is the owner of the eponymous luxury brand, Huishan Zhang, which is stocked worldwide at stores like Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys, Harvey Nichols, Browns, amongst others.
Huishan Zhang has been mapping out his signature style since his days as a student at the world-renowned Arts and Design college, Central Saint Martins, London. In his 3rd year at college, Zhang was handpicked by the Director and Executive Vice President of Louis Vuitton, Delphine Arnault, to work in the House of Dior, Paris.
In 2014, Huishan was awarded the International Chinese Designer of the Year at the Elle China Style Awards. In the same year, he was named in the BOF 500 as one of the people shaping the Global Fashion Industry. In 2015, Huishan was a finalist for the LMVH Prize, he was also a recipient of the 2016 BFC Fashion Trust and a nominee for the 2017 Vogue Fashion Fund.
To register for their Masterclasses, click HERE
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- National News22 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment9 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment8 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed22 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment12 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- National News23 hours ago
Court To Begin Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Treason’ Trial In Absentia
- News Feed22 hours ago
Nigerian man publicly denounces Christianity, accepts Ijaw deity worship
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘Life Is A Journey, Not A Competition’ – Crossdresser Jay Boogie Throws Shade At Bobrisky