Connect with us

Uncategorized

Brutalised FUTA Student Opens Up On Why She Was Assaulted

Published

on

 

FUTA Student

FUTA Student

Bolu, the 100 Level student of the Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA in Ondo state, who was assaulted by some of her schoolmates have spoken on why she was assaulted.

Recall a video surfaced online over the weekend showing the students beating Bolu up.

In an interview with Sahara Reporters, the victim, Bolu said she was assaulted for revealing how one of the girl’s boyfriends tried to have an affair with her.

In her words: “The whole issue started few weeks ago. I and one of the ladies in the video called ‘Faith’ were roommates in a hostel outside campus. Her boyfriend began asking me out but I felt it was not proper for me to date him. I rejected his advances. But instead of him to leave me alone, the guy kept disturbing me, so I had to report him to Faith because I don’t want trouble. Before then, I had been having some issues with Faith as she had been living a wayward life on campus which I didn’t like.

“From that point, she started seeing me as talking bad about her to people around our area. During this period, her boyfriend kept pestering me to date him but I refused. Instead of Faith to caution her boyfriend, she accused me of planning to sleep with her man. On the day that I was assaulted, she invited me to a room in one of the hostels and boyfriend and other ladies were inside the place already.

“Immediately I entered the place, they locked the door and asked me to kneel down while the guy was asking if he ever asked me for a date. Since I refused to kneel down, they began to beat me and also tried to strip me naked. They used a stick to hit me on my head and punched me on my face. The guy used horsewhip to flog me several times.

“They said they would make sure they disgraced me on campus, I pleaded with them but they refused and I was about to faint when they stopped beating me. As I speak, I feel pains all over my body due to the beatings. Their plan was to kill me. I want them arrested and face the consequences of their action.”

Boluwatife’s mother, Mrs Florence Adekunle, says all she wants is justice for her daughter.

Read Also: Group Of FUTA Students Caught Assaulting Female Student (Video)

“I was in the church on Sunday when her brother called me that they saw Boluwatife in a video and she was beaten up. I can’t imagine how friends would treat a fellow student like this. I’m aware that the school authority and even the police have taken up the matter, all the same we want justice.”

A spokesperson for the institution, Adegbenro Adebanjo, said the indicted students have been suspended. He gave the names of the suspended students as Popoola Olaniyi Agboola (300L), Oluwadare Faith Tobiloba (200L), Nandi Yohanna Jessica (200L), Ajuwon Tolani Emmanuella (100L), Emmanuel Funmilayo Taiwo (100L) and Alao Olabimpe Cecilia (100L).

“As a consequence of their suspension, they are precluded from all academic and related activities indefinitely and barred from the university and its precincts forthwith. At the conclusion of ongoing investigations, the law of the university as contained in the handbook and oath of matriculation which all students are made to sign and subscribe to, will be visited on those found culpable” Adebanjo said

The Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Adie Undie, speaking about the incident said the police is currently investigating the incident.

Uncategorized

Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew

Published

on

Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq

Following the outbreak of violence in some quarters of the State, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State has declared a 24-hour Curfew on the state starting on Saturday.

Governor Abdulrazaq made this known in a statewide broadcast on Friday night.

Recall that on Friday some residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital stormed the warehouses where the government stored COVID-19 palliatives expected to be distributed to citizens.

Also Read: BREAKING: Lagos Government Relaxes Curfew

The warehouses, located at the cargo warehouse of the International airport in Ilorin as well as the agro-mall located in the Sango area of the state were totally ransacked as residents struggled to pack as much food items as they could.

Abdulrazaq said, “Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are.

“To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

“People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.

“Our observation is that what has happened today is not a protest, it cannot be defended under any guide, it was a pure act of criminality as some people are hiding under the guise of nationwide protest.”

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest

Published

on

Two PUNCH journalists, Femi Dawodu and Segun Odunayo, were on Wednesday brutalised by policemen guarding the Lagos State House of Assembly in Ikeja.

The duo had gone to cover events around the Alausa area, a major demonstration ground of the #EndSARS protesters calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force.

According to the PUNCH, both Odunayo and Dawodu were recording a live video of activities in the area when the policemen accosted them and ordered them to stop the recording.

After showing the policemen their identity cards, indicating that they are journalists covering #EndSARS protests and monitoring compliance with the government-imposed curfew, the policemen became annoyed and pounced on them.

Odunayo said the policemen tortured them for four hours, adding that they stripped them of their clothes, laid them on the floor, beat them with a stick and guns, and took a video recording of them while torturing them at the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Odunayo said, “Femi and I were at the Secretariat in Alausa around 7 am and were doing a live video of the activities going on in the area. We were heading back to the expressway when a group of armed policemen accosted us at the Lagos State House of Assembly roundabout and immediately collected our phones. We showed them our ID cards, but they refused to let us go.

“What got the policemen annoyed was that we saw them using a stick and a rubber to beat a young man, and during the live video, they heard me saying that they were beating someone. So, after they arrested us, they tortured us and demanded that we should do another live video denying the statement, but we refused.

“Each Time we refused, they slapped us, used a stick to beat us, used the butt of their guns to hit our heads and bodies after stripping us of our clothes. All they wanted was for us to do another live broadcast to claim that we lied and we didn’t because we told the truth.”

Dawodu said it took the intervention of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi before they were released at the Alausa Police Station, adding that before their release, the policemen took their details, including their addresses, took a video record of them and threatened to go after them if any negative report was published about what happened.

He said, “The policemen were transferring the aggression of what is happening regarding the #EndSARS protest on us. They later took us to the Divisional Police Station in Alausa, and if not for the DPO, the policemen guarding the LSHA that arrested us would have done more grievous things to us.

“The PPRO and the DPO later spoke with them, and we were released.

“But despite his intervention, we were told to write statements. They collected our details, address, took video recordings of us making false statements during the torture, and threatened to use it to blackmail and go after us if we end up doing any bad report against them.”

Sahara Reporters

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says

Published

on

Lekki Concession Company in their press release has debunked the rumour that the Lekki Toll Gate CCTV camera was not removed.

Lekki, Ikoyi tolls will rise on February 1 – LCC - Ivory NG

According to the press release by the company which condemns the unlawful killings of the peaceful protesters said no one gave the order for the removal of the Closed Circuit Television System as the CCTV is still intact as of the time of this report.

Speaking further, the concession company revealed that if the CCTV was to be removed, it would require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed.

Read the release report below;

Image

Continue Reading

Trending