From the man behind Beyoncé’s most iconic makeup looks to the woman responsible for the stunning hairstyles in the critically acclaimed Disney movie, A wrinkle in time, we have traversed the globe for the finest names in the fashion industry and from Saturday the 10th to Sunday the 11th of November 2019, they will be live at the GTCentre, Plot 1, Water Corporation Drive, Oniru, Lagos for the 2019 GTBank Fashion Weekend.
As we continue the countdown to the biggest fashion event in Africa, more masterclass facilitators will be announced, and you can be the first to know using the hashtag: #GTBankFashionWeekend.
Meet your Masterclass Facilitators:
Sir John Barnett is the makeup artist behind some of Beyoncé’s most iconic looks. He is also the Co-Executive Producer and celebrity mentor on Lifetime’s Hit TV show, Beauty Star.
Renowned for his use of colors, Sir John began his career in the beauty industry working at a MAC Cosmetics store in Atlanta. From there, Sir John worked his way up, assisting legendary makeup artists like Pat McGrath and Charlotte Tilbury’s during Fashion Weeks in New York, Milan and Paris, during which he worked with the most sought-after names in the beauty industry from supermodels like Karlie Kloss to Naomi Campbell.
In 2010, Sir John became Beyoncé’s personal makeup artist, working on her makeup for everything, from her album art to concert tours, including the history-making September 2018 Vogue cover and Coachella performance. In 2015, Sir was named ambassador and celebrity makeup artist for leading beauty brand, L’Oréal Paris. Sir has also partnered with leading brands like Glossier, MAC, Yves Saint Laurent, Estée Lauder.
Sir John will be at the GTBank Fashion Weekend to give us “The Sir John Beauty Experience”.
Roksanda Ilinčić is one of London’s most celebrated fashion designers renowned for the bold use of color and geometric patterns in her designs, which have been worn by nobilities including The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle and Ex-First Lady, Michelle Obama.
In over a decade of launching her label, Roksanda has created an unmistakably woman-centered design aesthetic through her stand out color blocking, sculptural shapes, modern, distinctive cuts and her innovative use of fabrics and unerring attention to detail.
Roksanda’s collections are available in her flagship boutique in Mayfair, London and over 125 stockists worldwide, including Harrods and Selfridges. Roksanda has also produced diffusion lines for high street stores, Whistles and Debenhams.
Roksanda Ilinčić will be at the GTBank Fashion Weekend to demonstrate “Making Elegant and Modest Dresses feel more Exciting”.
Kim Kimble is a celebrity hairstylist, entrepreneur and the star of America’s popular TV show, LA Hair.
Born into a family of hairstylists in Los Angeles, Kim, a third-generation hairstylist, started her career in her family’s salon. Since then, Kim has made a name for herself; setting trends and putting her signature touch on hair. In 1995, Kim opened her first salon, Phaze II, in Los Angeles, which has expanded to a West Hollywood location.
Kim serves as the hairstylist for a network of A-list celebrities such as Zendaya, Taraji P. Henson, Shakira, Mary J. Blige. In 2018, she teamed up with award-winning director, Ava DuVernay, to create iconic hairstyles for the Disney film, A Wrinkle in Time. Kim’s works have been featured in Vanity Fair, Allure and Vogue.
Kim Kimble will be at the GTBank Fashion Weekend to share her wealth of wisdom on “Super Tresses: Power Hairstyles for Every Occasion”.
To register for their Masterclasses, click HERE
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Politics10 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed10 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News13 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed10 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed10 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- Entertainment11 hours ago
“Know Who You’re Coming For” – BBNaija’s Cee-C Debunks Rumor That She Didn’t Pass Her Bar Exams
- National News10 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application