It was all joy and excitement for staff of Aviation Medical Clinics, Ikeja, Lagos state, as they received brand new sets of hospital supplies from the MTN Foundation under its What Can We Do Together (WCWDT) initiative.
The equipment included hospital bed, stethoscopes, baby weighing scale, vacuum extractor, BP monitor, sterilizing set, amongst others, meant to facilitate the readiness its maternal and child-care ward.
The Aviation Medical Clinics, founded in 1983, has four stations located in each of the four airports in Lagos, and is mandated by the international civil aviation agencies to attend to passengers airborne, ill passengers on transit and also private patients.
The center is not the only beneficiary of the MTN What Can We Do Together initiative, as numerous communities across Nigeria, nominated by Nigerians, have benefitted from the initiative from MTN Nigeria.
At the handover ceremony of the items, the Head of the Aviation Medical Clinics Ikeja, Dr. Mrs. Bolanle Olatunji, applauded MTN Foundation for the kind gesture towards the clinics. In her statement, she recalled MTN Nigeria’s impact in Nigeria’s health sector, notably MTNs intervention for people with sickle cell.
Dr. Mrs. Olatunji further noted that the equipment would encourage the in-house Gynaecologist and Obstetrician team in their work.
At the handover, the Portfolio Manager, Economic Empowerment, MTN Foundation, Joseph Akpata, in his speech, made reference to the nominator who deemed it fit to nominate the clinics as beneficiary of the MTN What Can We Do Together Initiative. He went on to say that such individuals who put their community first are the true HEROES.
In his response, the General Manager, Welfare & Management Service, Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria, who represented the Director, Human Resources & Administration, said, “the equipment will increase the capacity of the clinic.” According to him, “it is a very appropriate time to come in and a lot of stakeholders will benefit from this.”
It will be noted that the MTN What Can We Do Together, which is in its third year, is set to hold a Nominators Party in October 2019, in three locations in Nigeria. The event is to appreciate all nominators who looked beyond themselves and chose to be change agents.
The What Can We Do Together initiative was introduced to ensure that social investments truly reflect the burning needs of the benefiting communities.
The MTN Foundation is here to improve the lot of Nigerians, and the What Can We Do Together initiative is a further testament to the shared success philosophy of MTN. The initiative encourages Nigerians to be more aware of the individual power to trigger positive change, one community at a time.
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment10 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News11 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Metro News13 hours ago
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter
- National News11 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News13 hours ago
Amaechi Apologises For Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown
- Politics13 hours ago
Fashola: If We Keep Our Promises, APC Will Retain Power In 2023
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- Politics13 hours ago
Saraki Leads PDP’s Nati youonal Reconciliation Panel