Following the Supreme court judgment on Osun state gubernatorial election, the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress(APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reacted.
Tinubu, reacting via his Twitter handle, highlighted five key takeaways from the judgment delivered together.
- Today (Friday’s) Supreme Court judgment affirming the victory of Governor Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun State is a further testimony that our judiciary is firmly on course and works in sync with the people’s aspiration.
- The court did not rule based on any hearsay but acted on the basis of the merits and demerits of the case before it. The Supreme Court and the judiciary, therefore, deserve our commendation for it has further strengthened the democratic process.
- On the issue of the Electoral Act, it is only the INEC, as the electoral body, that can apply the law appropriately with respect to elections. “This, the commission did rightly. It discharged itself creditably on the Osun election.
- The decision of the apex court lays to rest the tussle over Osun governorship and removes all encumbrances on the path of the governor. Now, governance can begin in full swing and the people of Osun can begin to reap the fruits of the government they voted to put in place.
- The All Progressives Congress must be commended for standing firmly behind the governor. Also, PDP and its candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, have exercised and exhausted their rights as expected of them. I praise them for their doggedness.
- And lastly, It is now time to rally round and join hands with the government to move Osun to the Next Level”.
Gboyega Oyetola’s victory was upheld by the court.