Connect with us

Politics

Insecurity Getting Worse Under Buhari – Jonathan

Published

on

Goodluck Jonathan
Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday said that the insecurity situation in the country has gotten out of hands and must be tackled with new strategies.

The former president said this during a condolence visit to Reuben Fasoranti, leader of Afenifere, in Akure, Ondo state capital.

Read Also: How Buhari Can Take Nigeria Out Of Crisis: Jonathan

Jonathan said that it was impossible to achieve anything substantial by sticking to the old ways.

He said: “The issue of security must be approached from a different dimension. We cannot continue the old way because it is getting out of hand. We hope the federal and state governments will do something about it,” he said.

“Every generation as human being faced problems and that generation must find a way in solving those problems.

“Every government faces problem. The first commercial kidnapping, because it involves money happened in 2006 when I was the governor of Bayelsa state. From that, it moved to terrorism in the north. Now, it is a major problem in the country.

“I want to believe that the federal government in conjunction with state government must design a different approach to this issue. I was there as president and security challenge was there but now, it is getting worse every day and we can’t continue to use the same old method.

“The police, army, DSS and the rest must use technology and I believe the federal government should set up a special unit like we set up EFCC and ICPC to handle corruption cases, so that they will know that their responsibility is to manage this kidnapping, killings and the rest. We can’t continue like this, it is not possible.”

More to follow…

Politics

Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Fayemi Presents Over N109 billion As Budget Estimate For 2021

Governor Fayemi

Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has presented the proposed budget for the 2021 fiscal year in the State.

The Governor on Monday presented a budget estimate of over N109 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.

Governor Fayemi, while presenting the budget at the State House of Assembly complex yesterday in Ado-Ekiti described the 2021 budget as “Budget of Recovery and Economic Restoration.”

Also Read: #EndSARS Protests Politically Motivated – Kogi Governor

The budget has a recurrent expenditure of N57, 997,898,982.62k while the capital expenditure has N51, 668,386,739.99k.

Fayemi, said the budget proposal presented contains the policy thrust, programmes, and vision of his administration for 2021, saying efforts shall be made to source the needed resources to fund the budget.

Continue Reading

Politics

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over ‘Disappointing, Empty’ Speech – PDP

Published

on

National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP
National Broadcast: PDP Slams Buhari Over 'Disappointing, Empty' Speech – PDP

Muhammadu Buhari

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari over his nationwide broadcast over the ongoing #EndSARS protest rocking the country.

Recall that Buhari in his speech called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing demands of the protesters.

He, however, failed to acknowledge the shooting of protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Also Read: President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech – Full text

Reacting in a statement on Thursday night by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbodinyan, the PDP said Buhari’s address was depressing and failed empathy test.

The party appealed to Nigerians, particularly the youth, to remain calm and allow a return to normal life in the collective quest for peaceful co-existence in the overall interest of the nation.

Continue Reading

Politics

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

Published

on

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos.

This was contained in a statement titled “EndSARS- Lekki Massacre,” signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, late on Tuesday.

Ologbodiyan said, “The Peoples Democratic Party, condemns in very strong terms, the killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos as well as other parts of our country.

Also Read: Shehu Sani Condemns Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts.

“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to these wanton killings across our nation.

 

Continue Reading

Trending