Deputy Commissioner of Police and Public Relations Officer(PRO) Frank Mba has explained in a new blog post, how to survive the ordeal of being kidnapped.
In the unlikely event, that in spite of your observance of all the precautionary measures mentioned earlier you are still kidnapped, surviving the ordeal should be the next course of action.
TIPS FOR SURVIVING IN THE HANDS OF KIDNAPPERS
Below are the necessary tips you should observe while in the hands of kidnappers.
Take a deep breath; assure yourself that you will certainly come back alive. Note that the first few minutes of abduction or kidnapping is the most critical and hostile period. At this stage, the kidnappers are also afraid for their lives. Failure on their part means they could be arrested and prosecuted. They are therefore jittery and any suspicious move by you could make them pull the trigger at you.
- Having tried to avoid the kidnap situation and failing, the most important option should be to cooperate as unplanned attempt to escape may become too risky.
- Avoid openly making any facial contact with the kidnappers, but try and memorize their description, if you get the opportunity to view them without endangering your life.
- Keep a mental note of the landmark especially the shops, supermarket, fuel stations, buildings around the area the kidnappers are taking you to if you are not blindfolded by your captors.
- Obey all instructions from the kidnappers and avoid an unnecessary argument with them.
- Avoid behaviours or attitude that will provoke the kidnappers.
- Listen to their conversation and keep a mental note of the details about their names, accent, slangs and other information about the abductors to assist the police in the investigation after your rescue.
- Try to avoid too much complaint so they do not get tired of you and kill you.
- Try to stay healthy. Avoid anything that will make you sustain a physical injury as getting medical attention might be difficult. More so, as you do not know how soon you will be rescued or freed.
- Gradually try to win the kidnappers’ trust. Try playing mind games with them especially with any of them you consider less hardened. For instance show empathy to the kidnappers even if you are acting it. If for example, they claim they were driven into kidnapping for reason of unemployment, tell them you understand and blame someone else for not providing them with a decent job. You may try talking them into pitying you or putting yourself in any of their relatives’ shoes.
- During Police rescue operation, lie on the floor to prevent the stray bullet from hitting you. Identify yourself to the rescuers as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Plan your escape only if it is absolutely safe to do so. This should be your last resort and remember, there is no escape plan that is absolutely risk-free.
DCP Frank Mba, a Deputy Commissioner of Police and a Lawyer, is an alumnus of the University of Lagos where he studied Law. He also has a Masters Degree in Law from the University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom.
A product of the Nigeria Police Academy, Kano where he had his initial police training, Frank is a graduate of the prestigious FBI National Academy, Quantico- USA.
He also holds a Certificate in National and International Security from the Harvard University, USA. A very passionate police officer, he is currently the National Spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force.
Gunmen Abduct Wife Of Akeredolu’s Chief Of Staff
Kidnappers on Friday abducted the wife of Olugbenga Ale, Chief of Staff to Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.
According to reports, she was kidnapped around Owena after the Joseph Ayo Babalola University while on her way back to Ondo from Lagos State.
The police spokesman in the state, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the news to Channels Television on Friday.
This development is coming about twenty-four hours after a first-class traditional ruler in Ondo State, the Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government, Oba Isreal Adeusi, was murdered by suspected kidnappers.
TECNO Stormed Computer Village with BBNaija’s OZO to Wrap up its Black Friday Sales Activities
The month of November is always known for its intense sales activities because the best deals of the year come
during the Black Friday Period. For TECNO, Africa Number One mobile brand, it was the time to reward its
customers with massive discounts and various gift items while also unveiling some of its new devices.
The brand in collaboration with SLOT stormed computer village as part of the events to wrap up its black Friday
sale activities, hosted BBNaija’s Ozoemena Chukwu to a hangout at SLOT Ikeja.
Fans and customers had a fun time interacting with the handsome celebrity while enjoying discount offers on
TECNO devices. Different deals and gift items were up for grabs as customers who made purchases at the store
enjoyed 50% discounts on Spark 5, Camon 16 Series and 100% cashback on the Spark 5 Pro.
The major highlight of the event was the presentation prizes to lucky winners. Customers who participated in
the spin the wheel game won gifts items such as Bluetooth Speaker; Power Bank and kettle while those who
participated in the Scratch and Win Promo won for themselves different deals ranging from 50% to 100%
TECNO also introduced two latest devices-the Spark GO 2020-powered by Google Android 10 Go Edition and a
TECNO POVA. POVA means ‘Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions’ is a rebrand of the popular battery series
formerly known as Pouvoir was inspired by the zeal to deliver budget-friendly smartphones with superior
The first of its kind 6.8-inch TECNO POVA, is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 octa-core processor and hyper-
engine game technology that transforms gameplay experience giving ultimate stability and a high refresh rate.
Additionally, users will benefit from the “Game Space,” “Game Mode,” and “Game Assistant 2.0” features,
allowing them to switch to the “do not disturb” function, a much-anticipated experience all gamers will
The TECNO POVA is also equipped with a power-packed multitasking effect ramped up by 6GB RAM and 128GB
of internal memory. The device also has a 6000mAh super big battery, 18W Dual IC Flash charger, a standby
time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight, on just a single charge. It’s the perfect
smartphone offering a way to worry less about low battery.
The new devices are available for purchase this November and for the rest of November, customers will enjoy
amazing discounts, instant and mega prizes on TECNO devices.
BREAKING: Court Jails Rep Member For Lying
A member of the House of Representatives, Victor Mela has been sentenced to one-month imprisonment by a Magistrate Court in Wuse, Zone 6.
The lawmaker who represents Billiri/Balanga federal constituency was, however, given an option of fine.
Recall that on November 10 that a magistrate court found the lawmaker guilty of lying under oath while filling the CD001 INEC form prior to the 2019 elections.
The magistrate had, however, set a different date for sentencing of the lawmaker after his lawyer pleaded for leniency.
Mr Mela swore to an affidavit thrice, denying citizenship of another country whereas he has a British passport.
- Entertainment15 hours ago
South African Rapper, Cassper Nyovest Lauds Wizkid’s ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Entertainment10 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment12 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment16 hours ago
Singer Jennifer Lopez Goes Nude On New Cover Art
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- Entertainment15 hours ago
‘I’m Rooting For Burna Boy To Win The Grammys’, Says Tiwa Savage
- National News14 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Metro News16 hours ago
Vendor’s Widow Disowns Family Over N500m Lawsuit Against Gbajabiamila