Connect with us

Football

AFCON 2019: Kelechi making Super Eagles provisional list is a joke! – Nigerians react

Published

on

The inclusion of Nigerian international player, Kelechi Iheanacho in the 25-man provisional list named by head coach Gernot Rohr for the 2019 African Cup of Nation, has caused quite an uproar on Twitter.

Many Nigerian football fans are of the view that Iheanacho has no business being on the list and have asked that his name be removed and should make the final list.

See some things they had to say

@iSlimFit: He might not be able to bring much to the table, but we still need that experience in the team, and Mikel is like the only player that can offer that right now. However, I don’t know what Kelechi Iheanacho’s business is on that list though.

@Kaptiveofficial wrote: Kelechi Iheanacho making the 25 man list for AFCON is a total joke. He had an abysmal season, He’s become complacent and would not add anything to that team. Gernot Rohr must be moving mad with that addition.

@UchePOkoye wrote: John Obi Mikel.✔
Samuel Chukwueze…✔

Kelechi Iheanacho❌❌❌❌
How can Kelechi afo beer be included in the squad?

What is he going there to do?
Clap and dance?
I don’t understand!

@iamt_hansom wrote: Kelechi Nwakali would have been a very good inclusion ahead of John Obi Mikel who has passed his prime and Kelechi Iheanacho shouldn’t even make this provisional list at all #AFCON2019

@josh_oladipupo wrote: Kelechi Iheanacho has no business on this list.

@MagicalDJmaal wrote: Kelechi Iheanacho will prolly(probably) be the ball boy at the training camp. I dunno any other value he can add to that team

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. bankers

    May 15, 2019 at 11:15 am

    iheanacho kelechi is a good player thank can change and win a game despite the fact that he has a very rough season but the little time he featured in game he tried to make valuable impact , we should encourage him to get back his game let us not make mistake by criticise him to for him not to lose his self confidence and I don’t think that we have players that have can compete his potentials for his replacement ….Nigerians be wise

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Football

Premier League Reveals When Fans Will Return To Stadium

Published

on

Premier League
Premier League

Liverpool Fans

The Premier League has said it is optimistic that “we will see fans back in the stadiums next season”. However, the crowds are likely to return “on a phased basis”.

Football will resume on June 17, following a three-month shut down because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Games will be played behind closed doors at venues yet to be decided.

In an interview with Sky Sports News, Premier League chief executive, Richard Masters, said: “No one knows when matches will move away from the behind-closed-doors model and it is right to have contingency plans in place, but there is optimism at the Premier League and at clubs that we will see fans back in the stadiums next season and it may happen on a phased basis.

Masters also disclosed that some of the remaining matches in this season’s competition could be played at neutral venues. However, a decision on that will be reached by the end of next week.

Continue Reading

Football

English Premier League Set To Resume June 17

Published

on

English premiership
English premiership

English premiership

The English Premier League (EPL) season is set to resume on June 17, with games between Manchester City v Arsenal and Aston Villa v Sheffield United.

According to reports, the matches are the two games in hand before a complete fixture list would then be played from June 19 to 21.

Also Read: English Premier League Clubs Vote For Return To Contact Training

Recall that on Wednesday, all the 20 clubs in the league vote unanimously to begin contact training.

Germany’s Bundesliga resumed earlier this month and La Liga in Spain hopes to return from June 11.

No matches have been played since Leicester’s 4-0 win over Aston Villa on March 9.

Continue Reading

Football

Man Utd Manager, Solskjaer Hopes Ighalo Will Stay With Team

Published

on

Solskjaer
Solskjaer

Man-U Manager, Ole Gunner Solskjaer

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he hopes January signing, Odion Ighalo will stay at the club should the Premier League season restart next month.

Former Super Eagles forward, Ighalo, was signed from the Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua in January, but his short-term deal expires at the end of May.

Despite United’s interest in extending Ighalo’s stay, Shanghai is reportedly keen for him to return to China for the start of their season.

READ ALSO –EPL: Deal To Keep Ighalo At Man United Very Close: Agent

“The loan deal went to the end of May now, so obviously he’s supposed to be going back,” Solskjaer said.

“We’re in dialogue and hopefully (he can stay). They’ve been great towards us, his club, and allow him to play for his dream club. It’s been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish off what he started, maybe with a trophy or two. But at the moment nothing’s been agreed yet. Their league is going to start soon so we are just waiting to see.”

Ighalo scored four goals in three starts and made eight appearances in total for United.

Continue Reading

Trending