A couple has reportedly died after eating food from a wedding ceremony in Aba, Abia state.
The deceased couple were said to have died just 24 hours after returning from the wedding.
The people of Umuozu, Uratta community in Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area, have been thrown into mourning following the sad incident.
A source that spoke with Daily Sun said: “the couple was childless. The man has a three-storey building at Umudim in Osisioma LGA. He is from Anambra State and the secretary of timber dealer’s association.
“From what we learnt, the man and the wife chaired a wedding event in Aba and when they were going, they were handed a take away pack. We learnt that they went home and ate the food with their maid.
“The maid is in the hospital as we speak and has started talking. We hope to hear exactly what happened to the couple when the maid is fit enough to speak.
“The neighbours got to know about the death of the man and woman when their neighbours in the market complained that they have been calling them while their phones rang without any response. It was at that point that some of the neighbours used a ladder to climb into the flat of their landlord only to behold their bodies and that of their maid who was eventually taken to the hospital for treatment.
“We learnt that the bodies of the couple have been deposited in a mortuary pending an autopsy that would be carried on them to determine whether their death was as a result of food poison as being speculated,” the source narrated.