The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that it have put an end to the use of cyber cafes for registration of candidates, beginning from the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
This was announced by JAMB’s Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede on Thursday on the sideline of a meeting with proprietors of Computer Based Test (CBT) centres at the University of Lagos.
“We are no longer going to allow the cyber cafes to do the registration exercise for prospective candidates because they are extorting candidates and overcharging them.
“They also do services they do not have the capacity to do, coupled with the fact that there was no way of tracking them because they were not registered.
“Another major reason is the mix-up they create on the data of the candidates. Some will just ask the candidates to write their names and other details down for them.
“On accumulating such data, they now get all of them mixed-up, thereby creating problems for these candidates.
“We know there will be uproar because they make a lot of illegitimate money from these services, but we cannot leave the candidates at their mercy.
“Particularly when people will make noise that it is JAMB that was extorting them,’’ he said.
The professor urged all prospective candidates to do their registration and access the board’s major services in any of its 718 accredited centres in the country.
Nengi Reacts To A Tweet Wathoni Made About Her In 2017
BBNaija star, Rebecca Hampson Nengi reacts to a tweet made by fellow ex-housemate, Wathoni Ayansi about her in 2017.
Taking to her Twitter handle, Nengi wrote;
“Just saw this tweet Wathoni made about me in 2017.. made me smile @wathonianyansi love you b”
#ABetterTime: See Social Distance -Fans Shades Wizkid As Davido’s Album Surpasses 60 Million Streams
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
The Cable News Network, CNN seems not done with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government with the television channel releasing another report on the shooting at the Lekki toll gate during the End SARS protests.
Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, called out CNN over its report on the incident.
He added that CNN was biased in its report and needs to be sanctioned.
The Minister also addressed a letter to the management of CNN in Atlanta.
The network, however, on Tuesday released the second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.
The second report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that military men had live ammunition in their weapons while at the tollgate.
CNN also noted that the statement of Brig.Gen Taiwo contradicts that of the Minister who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.
It was also revealed in the new report, the moment when protesters were running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.
Watch video below;
— Ayemojubar 👠 (@ayemojubar) November 23, 2020
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Davido Celebrates Late Mom On Her Posthumous Birthday
- Entertainment22 hours ago
“Your Obsession With 2Face Will Be Your Death” – 2Face’s Brother Slams Blackface
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Blackface Drags Wizkid, Burna Boy For Stealing His Song
- National News21 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment5 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News22 hours ago
Court Remands Nigerian Senator, Ali Ndume, In Prison
- News Feed20 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Nobody Is Fighting For Your Throne Because You’re The Queen’ – James brown Assures Bobrisky