Connect with us

News Feed

After Reportedly Collecting N2m Ransom, Kidnappers Release Pregnant Ondo Medical Doctor

Published

on

One of the abducted health workers of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Owo in Ondo State, has been freed, SaharaReporters reports.

The heavily pregnant medical doctor was released on Thursday at about 2am on Owo road.

On Tuesday, workers of the FMC were abducted along the Owo road.

The kidnappers also seized a lecturer with the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic in Owo (RUGIPO) in Ondo State, who was on his way to work. They demanded the sum of N50million as ransom.

It was learnt that the female doctor, identified as Mrs. Ayeku, was freed from captivity due to her condition. A source at the FMC, who confirmed her release, said the doctor was receiving treatment at a hospital in Akure.

The source, who preferred not to be named, said the doctor was released after the family paid ransom.

“Truly, I can confirm to you that one of our workers who was kidnapped on Tuesday has now been released. I gathered that she was freed due to her condition, but not until her family parted with the sum of N2million as ransom,” the source said.

“She is currently receiving treatment in a hospital in the state capital, and I am aware the female doctor is doing fine.”

Femi Joseph, Police Spokesperson at the Ondo State Police Command, confirmed the doctor’s release via a phone call with SaharaReporters in Akure.

Joseph said the pregnant doctor was released on Thursday midnight along the Owo road after the Police combed the forest for several hours in search of the victims.

“Yes, one of the abducted victims was released today and she is the pregnant doctor,” he said.

“They released her at the midnight when they noticed that the Police was close to them. We have received her, and she is currently receiving treament in the hospital due to the trauma that she faced in the thick forest. But let me assure you that we shall not relent in arresting the pepetrators of this crime and we will bring them to book, so they can face justice.

“The Ondo Commissioner of Police, Mr. Gbenga Adeyanju, has set up a rescue team to ensure that others still in captivity are rescued unhurt.”

At the time of filing this report, it was gathered that the Ondo Police Commissioner had already summoned a meeting with heads of all security agencies in the state.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

News Feed

Nengi Reacts To A Tweet Wathoni Made About Her In 2017

Published

on

BBNaija star, Rebecca Hampson Nengi reacts to a tweet made by fellow ex-housemate, Wathoni Ayansi about her in 2017.

Taking to her Twitter handle, Nengi wrote;

“Just saw this tweet Wathoni made about me in 2017.. made me smile @wathonianyansi love you b”

Continue Reading

News Feed

#ABetterTime: See Social Distance -Fans Shades Wizkid As Davido’s Album Surpasses 60 Million Streams

Published

on

Fans shades Wizkid as Davido’s new album #ABetterTime has surpassed 6o Million streams on Audiomack.

Taking to Twitter, they said;

Continue Reading

National News

#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)

Published

on

The Cable News Network, CNN seems not done with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government with the television channel releasing another report on the shooting at the Lekki toll gate during the End SARS protests.

Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, called out CNN over its report on the incident.

He added that CNN was biased in its report and needs to be sanctioned.

The Minister also addressed a letter to the management of CNN in Atlanta.

The network, however, on Tuesday released the second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.

The second report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that military men had live ammunition in their weapons while at the tollgate.

CNN also noted that the statement of Brig.Gen Taiwo contradicts that of the Minister who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.

It was also revealed in the new report, the moment when protesters were running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

Trending