Three female students of Mega Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Kebbi state, have died of suspected food poisoning. According to the prinicipal of the school, Hajiya Lami Abubakar, the leaves of the food delicacy known in Hausa as ‘Rama’ was taken to the school by the parents during visiting hours might have been contaminated.
Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu has urged students not to be discouraged by the incident which he described as an act of God, but to continue with their studies. He expressed his heartfelt condolences and prayed to God against any reoccurrences. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the governor also condoled with the staff and students of the school as well as the parents of the girls.