Chelsea stars, Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante have been nominated for this year’s Ballon d’or award.
According to Metro UK, France Football announced the stars to make the 30-man list on Monday, with Premier League stars, Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero, Robert Firmino being among the first ten to make the cut.
Juventus star, Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona ace, Lionel Messi have dominated the award in the past decade.
The pair had won an incredible five awards each, with Ronaldo equaling Messi’s tally last year.
The 2018 Ballon d’ Or award will take place on 3rd December, 2018 in Paris.
A panel of journalists, one from every country, will decide the winner and will grade their nominees in three categories: performances during the calendar year, talent and fair play, and achievements throughout a career.
See the first fourteen nominees below:
1. Alisson (BRE/Liverpool)
2. Roberto Firmino (BRE/Liverpool)
3. Thibaut Courtois (BEL/Chelsea)
4. N’Golo Kante (FRA/Chelsea)
5. Eden Hazard (BEL/Chelsea)
6. Harry Kane (ANG/Tottenham)
7. Sergio Aguero (ARG/Manchester City)
8. Kevin De Bruyne (BEL/Manchester City)
9. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Juventus)
10. Antoine Griezmann (FRA/Atletico Madrid)
11. Isco (ESP/Real Madrid) Gareth Bale (ENG/Real Madrid)
12. Karim Benzema (FRA/Real Madrid)
13. Edinson Cavani (URU/PSG)
14. Diego Godin (URU/Atletico Madrid)
More to follow…