Connect with us

News Feed

Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed

Published

on

Facebook has suffered an attack that exposed 50 million people’s personal accounts, the company has admitted.

A vulnerability in the social network’s code meant that hackers could take over people’s log-ins and see their most private information , the company said. It said that it was sorry the potential breach had occurred.

The issue related to the “view as” tool, which allows people to see their own profiles as they would look to other people. By exploiting that, hackers could steal the “access token” that keeps people’s accounts safe and then break into them, Facebook said.

The company found the flaw on Tuesday and has only just begun its investigation, it said, meaning that it cannot say how the bug was used and who by. It did not say whether it knew who had been affected by the hack.

Anyone whose account was compromised is likely to be informed as Facebook continues its investigation. There is little that anyone can do apart from checking that an account does not appear to have been used by somebody else, and while it is good practise to change passwords regularly, that will not undo the effects of this attack.

Facebook said that law enforcement was informed and the bug had been patched. It had also completely turned off the “view as” feature for now and would reset those security codes so that anyone who broke in to an account would now
be kicked out.

That will mean that some 90 million people – the 50 million people thought to be affected, as well as further 40 million who were subject to a “view as” request in the last year – will be kicked out of their accounts and will have to log back in.

Having to do that does not necessarily mean that anyone has seen inside your account. Facebook did suggest that more people could be found to have been potentially affected, and that it was continuing it’s investigation.

News Feed

Governor Seyi Makinde walks around the streets of Ibadan to pacify residents

Published

on

Governor Seyi Makinde walks around the streets of Ibadan to pacify residents

Nigerian Businessman, Politician and Philanthropist Seyi Makinde who is the governor of Oyo State is currently the talk of social media

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State was seen walking around the streets of Ibadan on Wednesday October 21, trying to reassure and pacify citizens due to the nationwide chaos prompted by the endsars protest.

In the footage recorded by an onlooker, Makinde could be seen surrounded by his security entourage as he walked up to the protesters who cheered as he waved at them.

Watch the video below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

I Submitted My Resignation To Delta State SSG And Refunded N100K Paid Allowance -Harrison Gwamnishu

Published

on

Nigerian social justice advocate, Harrison Gwamnishu said he just submitted his resignation letter to the Delta State Government.

The advocate a.ka as The Director-General Behind Bars who was appointed to be part of the panel of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Police Brutality.

He tendered his resignation following the massacre of the lives of innocent protest at Lekki-Toll Gate area in Lagos.

Also, he refunded the allowance paid to him by the government.

Read his tweet below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

Part of Oriental hotel destroyed by mob (video)

Published

on

A section of Oriental hotel in Lekki, Lagos state has been destroyed by a mob, in the aftermath of the Lekki massacre.

There have been ongoing protests in Nigeria over two weeks with citizens agitating for the scrapping of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, over flagrant disregard of their human right.

However, that took a grief-stricken turn in Lekki, Lagos state on Tuesday night as defenseless protesters were gunned down by soldiers, following an alleged order by the Lagos state government to security forces to crackdown on defaulters of a hastily imposed restriction.

The shooting led to the death of several people as many were also injured.

Security operatives had stormed the scene of the protest after the Lagos Government announced a 24-hour curfew and opened fire, with the intent to kill many people.

As many turned up to social media to share the Live video clips of the tragic incident, many people could be seen with various degrees of injuries. The scale of the damage could not be ascertained.

In the aftermath, more violent protests emerged across the country, leading to mass destructions of properties.

 

Continue Reading

Trending