Connect with us

Trending

How Female Teacher ‘Had Sex With Student Over 25 Times In Her Classroom’

Published

on

A former special education teacher in Montana had sex with a student roughly 25 times, including illicit trysts in her classroom, the teen told authorities.

The allegations made by a former student at Capital High School in Helena regarding his ex-teacher, Rene Elena Carter, were revealed after a judge ordered city officials to release them on Tuesday, the Helena Independent Record reports.

The school’s principal, Brett Zanto, first notified authorities in June 2015 that Carter and the teen, then 17, were caught having inappropriate physical contact in a stairwell at the school earlier that month. City officials and county attorneys reviewed the footage but claimed it didn’t show any sexual contact between the student and Carter.

“I am aware that the school district did investigate on its own to see if there was any evidence to support that,” Helena Public Schools Superintendent Jack Copps told KRTV. “The district did not find any at that time and referred the matter to the police department, and they investigated with the same results.”

A detective later interviewed the teen, who initially denied having any sexual contact with the teacher. Investigators then considered the case closed pending new information.

A relative of the student later told Helena police in 2016 that she knew about the teen’s inappropriate relationship with Carter. She also claimed that the teen knew personal details about the teacher that “he shouldn’t have known about,” according to the newspaper.

Carter’s husband, meanwhile, told a detective that the teen was an “unbelievable parasite” who required inordinate amounts of Carter’s time. The teen also pinched her arms and pulled her hair, causing her to need “extensive counseling due to PTSD,” Carter’s husband alleged.

The teacher also spoke with a detective by phone and told the investigator she intended to report the abuse, but felt like she might need an attorney.

The teen has claimed he and Carter had a sexual relationship starting in 2015. The age of consent in Montana is 16, but the student was legally incapable of giving consent, according to the newspaper, which declined to elaborate to avoid identifying the alleged victim.

Carter and the teen “kind of planned on getting together once he turned 18, but they never did,” he told a detective. The teen also claimed that he had occasionally sent Carter money, court documents show.

The student also provided investigators with detailed identifying information about Carter, who later “stipulated to the facts and evidence” sought by a detective in a search warrant.

Carter — who was nominated for Helena Educator of the Year in 2015, according to the Helena Independent Record — has pleaded not guilty to felony sexual intercourse without consent. She resigned her post in July 2015 and her trial is expected to begin in December. If convicted, she faces a minimum of two years in prison and up to 100 years behind bars.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Infinix Note 8 on celebrity talk show Rubbin minds with Ebuka, first smart phone in Nigeria

Published

on

Last Sunday, the Rubbin minds show took an unexpected but totally pleasant turn as popular presenter and
anchor of the show, Ebuka featured Infinix Content Manager, Kevin Olumese, on a special edition for the recently
launched Infinix Note 8.

If you’d cast your mind not so far back, you’d remember that Infinix set a record with the Note 8’s predecessor
(Note 7) earlier this year when it was launched in a short, Infinix-customized show which was studded with
celebrities. On Sunday, Infinix set another record as it became the first smartphone to be launched on the
celebrity talk show- Rubbin Minds.

If there’s anything that’s more interesting than the sound of this new achievement, it surely will be how exactly the
show went down.

As usual, Ebuka drilled deep into the business of his guest which, on this show, was the Infinix Note 8. No
questions were spared and Kevin, Infinix’s representative, did well to provide precise answers to every question
asked as regards the Infinix Note 8 and the Infinix brand on the show. And, as usual, both the anchor, guest and
most certainly, the viewers at home had a great time sharing laughs and conversation around the Note 8. The
show got off to an early start as Ebuka asked why the Note 8 was codenamed the Night Shot King. Kevin’s
simple answer to the question was “Simply put, it takes awesome shots at night.” However, he did us one better
as he explained in more detail what the Note 8’s night shot camera has to offer.

According to Kevin – and, backed up by several reviews online – the Note 8 comes with a 64MP Ultra HD, Nights
shot camera that introduces adequate lighting into low-light scenes and makes it possible to capture beautifully lit
images with true-to-life beauty and rich colours during the night time.

Kevin posited that this device could not have come at a better time than now. His reason for holding that position is that if the pandemic has thought us anything it’d be to cherish the moments that we get to share
together. Luckily, the lock-down has been eased all over the world and lovers, friends and people in general are
beginning to meet and hangout with themselves once again. Because these meetings are more special than they
used to be, it’s only apt for us to want to have them captured and saved up regardless of the time and the Note 8
makes sure that this is achievable at any time round the clock.

Among other features of the Note 8 that was discussed on the show was the device’s 6.95inch HD+ screen. The
super-wide screen is good for mobile gaming, Netflix or YouTube binging, bantering on social media and
consuming every form of visual content.

Other features include the 16Mp dual selfie camera that sits right in the top left corner of the devices screen, eliminates the upper notch, and captures crisp images. The device also comes with a mobile game-dedicated
processor called the MediaTek Helio G80 processor and runs on a 5200mAh battery.

During the course of the show, Kevin also revealed other things like why the brand adopts the type of designs
and uses the colour options that it currently uses for its product. He also shed some light on why Infinix has
Davido as its brand ambassador and why the brand has a keen interest in entertainment. This was a very
expository moment on the show.

Towards the tail end of the event, Infinix announced two of its empowerment activities that are already ongoing.
The first is the Storm X challenge, designed for young entertainers who can either dance or sing. Infinix has
promised to reward the winner of the challenge with the opportunity to feature one of Nigeria’s leading artiste.

The other empowerment activity is called the #EmpoweredByinfnixNote8 campaign and is targeted towards
young entrepreneurs. At the end of the campaign, lucky entrepreneurs will walk away with 1million naira
empowerment fund.

Interested participants can follow @Infinixnigeria on Facebook, Twitter r Instagram to get more details on any of
the empowerment activities.

This special edition of the Rubbin minds show was truly insightful and engaging and Infinix is set to entertain
viewers once more as they also announced that they’d be the lead sponsor of the second edition of the Turn Up
Friday which is set to kick off later this month.

Infinix has always devised means to connect better with their fans, and they seem to be intensifying their efforts
during this final quarter of the year. Hopefully, this move will yield great dividend for them as they prepare for the
end of the year.

Continue Reading

Trending

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Published

on

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Atiku

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to rejig the security architecture of Nigeria following the continuous attacks of Boko Haram in the nation.

This is coming following the beheading of 43 farmers in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital by suspected Boko Haram members.

Reacting in a post on his Twitter page, Atiku expressed sadness over the tragic incident, describing it as heartbreaking.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

The former presidential candidate condoled with families of the slain farmers in Borno State.

He wrote:

“Heartbreaking. Words fail me. The lives of our citizens should be worth much more than this. The rejig of the nation’s security architecture is long overdue. May their souls rest in peace and may their families be comforted.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Published

on

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Shehu Sani

Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has condemned the gruesome killing of 43 Borno farmers by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect.

The former lawmaker who reacted via a statement on his Twitter account lamented that Nigeria has continued to bleed in the hands of the evil ones.

Also Read: “This Is A Matter Of Life And Death” – Fani-Kayode Reacts As Sultan of Sokoto Declares North Insecure

He wrote:

“The reported massacre of over 40 farmers by insurgents in Borno state earlier today is condemnable. This is recurring news for some, but a horrible tragedy for the children, wives, and loved ones they left behind. Every dawn of a new day, our nation bleeds in the hands of evil.”

Continue Reading

Trending