Connect with us

Trending

I was told about my father’s abduction few hours before the Argentina game – Mikel Obi

Published

on

News broke yesterday about Pa Michael Obi, Mikel’s father’s rescue. Pa Obi, was kidnapped for the second time in seven years alongside his driver, John Ishaya on Makurdi-Enugu Road on June 29.


In a statement made available to TheCable by Mikel’s publicist, the midfielder said he put out all emotions to play against Argentina when he was told.

“Following various speculators about recent occurrence with my father,” Mikel was quoted to have said. “I can confirm I had to suppress emotional trauma to lead Nigeria out against Argentina last Tuesday, June 26 in Saint Petersburg.

Four hours before kick-off, I received a call from Nigeria that my father Pa Michael Obi had been kidnapped for the second time. He was on his way to a funeral in south-eastern Nigeria from Jos when he was abducted along the Makurdi-Enugu expressway.

I was emotionally distraught but had to make a decision about whether I was mentally ready to play the game. I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down, I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first.

I could not even inform the coaches or NFF staff, and only a very tight circle of members my friends knew. I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game.

So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it. Thankfully he is now safely released less than seven hours ago. I thank the police authorities for their rescue efforts and support from friends and family members.”

-Misspeptie

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Published

on

Atiku Reacts To Killing Of 43 Borno Farmers By Boko Haram

Atiku

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to rejig the security architecture of Nigeria following the continuous attacks of Boko Haram in the nation.

This is coming following the beheading of 43 farmers in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital by suspected Boko Haram members.

Reacting in a post on his Twitter page, Atiku expressed sadness over the tragic incident, describing it as heartbreaking.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

The former presidential candidate condoled with families of the slain farmers in Borno State.

He wrote:

“Heartbreaking. Words fail me. The lives of our citizens should be worth much more than this. The rejig of the nation’s security architecture is long overdue. May their souls rest in peace and may their families be comforted.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Published

on

Shehu Sani Condemns Attack By Boko Haram On Borno Farmers

Shehu Sani

Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has condemned the gruesome killing of 43 Borno farmers by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect.

The former lawmaker who reacted via a statement on his Twitter account lamented that Nigeria has continued to bleed in the hands of the evil ones.

Also Read: “This Is A Matter Of Life And Death” – Fani-Kayode Reacts As Sultan of Sokoto Declares North Insecure

He wrote:

“The reported massacre of over 40 farmers by insurgents in Borno state earlier today is condemnable. This is recurring news for some, but a horrible tragedy for the children, wives, and loved ones they left behind. Every dawn of a new day, our nation bleeds in the hands of evil.”

Continue Reading

Tech News

TECNO Stormed Computer Village with BBNaija’s OZO to Wrap up its Black Friday Sales Activities

Published

on

The month of November is always known for its intense sales activities because the best deals of the year come
during the Black Friday Period. For TECNO, Africa Number One mobile brand, it was the time to reward its
customers with massive discounts and various gift items while also unveiling some of its new devices.

The brand in collaboration with SLOT stormed computer village as part of the events to wrap up its black Friday
sale activities, hosted BBNaija’s Ozoemena Chukwu to a hangout at SLOT Ikeja.

Fans and customers had a fun time interacting with the handsome celebrity while enjoying discount offers on
TECNO devices. Different deals and gift items were up for grabs as customers who made purchases at the store
enjoyed 50% discounts on Spark 5, Camon 16 Series and 100% cashback on the Spark 5 Pro.

The major highlight of the event was the presentation prizes to lucky winners. Customers who participated in
the spin the wheel game won gifts items such as Bluetooth Speaker; Power Bank and kettle while those who
participated in the Scratch and Win Promo won for themselves different deals ranging from 50% to 100%
cashback.

TECNO also introduced two latest devices-the Spark GO 2020-powered by Google Android 10 Go Edition and a
TECNO POVA. POVA means ‘Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions’ is a rebrand of the popular battery series
formerly known as Pouvoir was inspired by the zeal to deliver budget-friendly smartphones with superior
gaming experience.

The first of its kind 6.8-inch TECNO POVA, is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 octa-core processor and hyper-
engine game technology that transforms gameplay experience giving ultimate stability and a high refresh rate.
Additionally, users will benefit from the “Game Space,” “Game Mode,” and “Game Assistant 2.0” features,
allowing them to switch to the “do not disturb” function, a much-anticipated experience all gamers will
absolutely enjoy.

The TECNO POVA is also equipped with a power-packed multitasking effect ramped up by 6GB RAM and 128GB
of internal memory. The device also has a 6000mAh super big battery, 18W Dual IC Flash charger, a standby
time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight, on just a single charge. It’s the perfect
smartphone offering a way to worry less about low battery.

The new devices are available for purchase this November and for the rest of November, customers will enjoy
amazing discounts, instant and mega prizes on TECNO devices.

Continue Reading

Trending