Jiji Nigeria is part of Genesis, which is one of the largest international consumer internet companies with offices in 10 countries; 200+ Million users all over the world; 100+ Million social media followers; 40+ Million app installs and is one of top 15 digital media companies in the world. Together with our sister company, Naij.com, our projects in Nigeria account for 24 Million monthly visitors making 1 out of 2 online users visit our web platforms every month.
Jiji.ng started in 2014 and has become the largest online marketplace in Nigeria with over 200,000 sellers and 10 Million visitors per month. We have employed over 400 of the brightest and engaging minds, all focused towards one goal – bringing sellers and buyers together to interact and trade from the comfort of their digital devices.
Jiji.ng is one of the few success stories of e-commerce in Africa due to our unique business model. We are different in that; merchants don’t pay commission for the sale of products and thus customers can get the widest variety of goods for the lowest prices. Our merchants enjoy getting a considerable boost in sales when they use our affordable premium packages.
We are currently looking for adventurous, driven and digitally savvy individuals to join our elite team of professionals as Field Sales Agents. Our fun, informal and entrepreneurial culture makes us the best place to build and advance your career in sales.
TEAM LEADS SAY
Blessing Orji, joined us as a field sales agent and in only 8 months, became a team lead managing 18 sales agents. When asked about her experience, she said, ‘What I enjoy most at Jiji, is that when
you perform well and exert yourself, you are quickly singled out and rewarded. I don’t think I would have risen to such heights over this short space of time in any other organisation. Also I enjoy the fun and flexible work environment at Jiji. I absolutely love my job!’.
Campbell Iruedo, a team lead, is proud to be part of an organisation providing value to the lives of Nigerians all across the country. He said, “During my University days, in which I developed a keen interest for the internet and trade, I treasured the dream that I would one day have the chance to apply my enthusiasm in these fields at an organization contributing real world value; and Jiji provided the opportunity. I am living my dream and I cannot be any happier”
FIELD SALES AGENT VACANCY
- Acquire and sign up merchants from various sectors: electronics, fashion, cars, real estate, agriculture, etc.
- Sell Jiji’s rewarding premium services to new and existing merchants within designated regions
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to completion of the sale
- Meet and exceed individual weekly and monthly sales targets
- OND/Bachelor degree
- Outstanding sales skills with proven ability to convert prospects into active clients
- Good knowledge of local sales region
- A keen interest in the e-commerce Industry
What we are offering
- Competitive Payment structure with on target earning of N70,000 – N100,000 per month
- Uncapped commissions: best agents steadily get N120,000 – N150,000 per month
- Clearly defined career path: Sales Agent > Team Lead > Sales Manager
- Flexible working conditions with weekly sales targets
- Success in this role may lead to career opportunities in other departments of the company
Best of luck from the Jiji team!
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Politics8 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed8 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News11 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment9 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed8 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed8 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- Entertainment10 hours ago
“Know Who You’re Coming For” – BBNaija’s Cee-C Debunks Rumor That She Didn’t Pass Her Bar Exams
- National News8 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application