Connect with us

Entertainment

Former SA President Jacob Zuma, set to take seventh wife

Published

on

Jacob Zuma

A 24-year-old woman is set to become 76-year-old South African former President Jacob Zuma’s seventh wife.

The beautiful lady, identified as Nonkanyiso Conco confirmed to the Times Live that she and Zuma are getting married.

“Yes‚ we are getting married‚ but that is all I can say. I need to consult before I give any interviews‚” she said.

News24 reports that the woman gave birth to a baby last week at the Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital last Thursday – Zuma’s birthday.

Conco is a director of the Pietermaritzburg-based Nomkhubulwane Culture and Youth Development Organisation‚ aimed at protecting the cultural practices of Zulu maidens.

Conco reportedly resides in the plush Ballito Estate Hilltop‚ home to some of the city’s most well-heeled residents. She would be Zuma’s youngest bride‚ at 52 years his junior.

Zuma‚ who has always been a proponent of polygamy‚ is currently married to Gertrude Sizakele Khumalo‚ Thobeka Madiba-Zuma and Bongi Ngema-Zuma. He is divorced from Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and separated from Nompumelelo MaNtuli Zuma.

In total, Zuma has fathered 22 known children from at least 11 women.

Three independent sources confirmed to News24 that Zuma came to visit his baby under strict security on Thursday night.

“They had to clear the maternity ward for other patients. Hospital staff made it clear that this was strictly confidential,” a source with direct knowledge of the birth told News24.

Ray Zuma, who is related to the former president, confirmed to News24 that Zuma was going to wed a woman named Nonkanyiso Chonco.

When asked if Chonco was the same woman who had given birth to a baby earlier this month, Ray Zuma responded by saying: “So?”

“I can’t see why you are interested. When he was still the president, you [the media] were terrorising him, and now you are all of a sudden interested in him.”

When asked about the details of the wedding, he said he was not privy to the details.

“No date has been set yet. Both families must come together to decide on the date. We are still in the pre-nuptial phases of the process.”

When News24 visited the hospital earlier in the week, an employee confirmed that Zuma had visited the facility.

“Yes he was here last week. I saw him with his security. I do not know why he came through.”

But other sources confirmed the baby was Zuma’s. Hospital staff were briefed to keep it a closely guarded secret and only told “this is JZ’s child” and a “VIP delivery”.

Hillcrest Private Hospital management declined to comment saying they would not divulge details of any patient.

Sources: News24TimesLive

Leave a Comment…

comments

News Feed

#EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)

Published

on

#EndSARS protesters break into Lagos International Airport (Videos)

Young Nigerians protesting against SARS brutality, under the #EndSARS movement, stormed the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos state.

The protesters in their hundreds are preventing movement in and out of the busiest airport in the country.

Nationwide protests have been going on over the past 11 days, demanding an end to police brutality and extrajudicial killings, but since it began, this is the first time protesters would disrupt activities inside an airport.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

#EndSARS: ‘Our Problem Is That We Lack Fresh Ideas’ – Singer Korede Bello

Published

on

Korede Bello

Nigerian singer, Korede Bello, has shared what he thinks is the problem of Nigerians. The Mavin Records act took to his Twitter page to state that the lack of fresh ideas is the main hindrance to the cherished new Nigeria on everyone’s lips.

According to him, a New Nigeria can only emerge from a people who are willing to see Nigeria in a new light.

Read Also“Most People Vote For Who They See Themselves In” – Korede Bello Speaks On Laycon’s Win

His tweet reads:

“Our problem is that we lack fresh ideas and only dwell on recycled & infective ideas to the problems our current leaders may or may not have created. A New Nigeria can only emerge from a people who see or are willing to see Nigeria in a new light”

See his tweet below:

Korede Bello’s tweet

Continue Reading

Entertainment

American Actor, Wesley Snipes ‘Blade’ Supports #EndSARS

Published

on

American Actor, Wesley Snipes 'Blade' Supports #EndSARS
American Actor, Wesley Snipes 'Blade' Supports #EndSARS

Wesley Snipes

Hollywood actor, Wesley Snipes, popularly known as ‘Blade’ has lent support to the #EndSARS movement. The American actor took to his Twitter page to simply tweet:

“#EndSARS”

The Florida-born 58-year-old movie star, film producer and author earned the moniker ‘Blade’ for his role as the titular character ‘Blade’ in Marvel’s film trilogy (1998-2004), ‘Blade’.

The most notable movies he has been on till date include ‘New Jack City’, ‘Passenger 57’, ‘U.S. Marshals’, ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘The Player’.

Read Also:  #EndSARS: ‘We Want To Change Established Systems’ – Singer Bez

Snipes joins other international celebrities such as Kanye West, Trey Songz, Big Sean, John Boyega, Chance The Rapper, and Lil Baby who have lent their voices to the trending  #EndSARS movement.

See Wesley Snipes’ tweet below:

Wesley Snipes’ tweet

Continue Reading

Trending