Connect with us

Uncategorized

Controlling and abusive girlfriend stabbed boyfriend and poured boiling water on him

Published

on

Abusive girlfriend

A controlling and abusive girlfriend who put her boyfriend through the worst ever by assaulting him, depriving him of food, and banning him from their bed, has been jailed.

Jordan Worth, 22, was handed a seven-and-a-half-year sentence at Luton Crown Court on Friday after she admitted to carrying out several cruel acts against her ex-boyfriend. The college sweethearts had started dating in 2012 when they were both teenagers, 16, but there were worrying signs from the beginning, the court heard.

The court heard how Jordan, a university graduate, scalded her boyfriend with boiling water and stabbed him at their home in the village of Stewartby, in Bedfordshire, England. The boyfriend suffered from hydrocephalus that was caused by a build-up of fluid inside the skull and made him vulnerable.

In addition to the violence, Jordan also decided what clothes her boyfriend was allowed to wear. It was also reported that she did not let him sleep in their bed for nine months and also took over his Facebook account. It got worse when she began using objects to strike him, wounding him with a knife and then failing to get him any medical help.

The campaign of abuse ended in June when neighbours called police to the couple’s home in the early hours after hearing shouting. The ambulance crew noted injuries to his hand, burns to arms and legs that were being self-treated with cling film. There was also cling film round his ankles, and a hand wound that was bleeding.

The boyfriend was immediately taken to the hospital where it was discovered he had second and third degree burns that left permanent scarring and “5% of his total body surface was scalded.”

Neighbours added they had often heard the couple arguing and the victim was seen on occasions with black eyes, a limp, and with his arm in sling.

A neighbor told how Jordan was once seen at a window “armed” with a screwdriver or hammer. Jordan was later arrested and admitted charges of controlling or coercive behaviour in an intimate relationship, wounding with intent and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

The court heard Jordan, who is now in a new relationship, had two sides and came from a loving and supportive family and had previously carried out voluntary work. She was made the subject of a restraining order which prevents her from contacting her ex for an indefinite period. Jordan had discouraged her former partner from contacting his family during the abusive relationship.

Judge Nic Madge said:

“She accepts that she has in the past, on a number of occasions, used blunt objects and implements to strike him and that he suffered injuries as a result of her doing so. She accepts using boiling or hot water to cause injury to him.”

Leave a Comment…

comments

Uncategorized

Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest

Published

on

Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest

Two PUNCH journalists, Femi Dawodu and Segun Odunayo, were on Wednesday brutalised by policemen guarding the Lagos State House of Assembly in Ikeja.

The duo had gone to cover events around the Alausa area, a major demonstration ground of the #EndSARS protesters calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force.

According to the PUNCH, both Odunayo and Dawodu were recording a live video of activities in the area when the policemen accosted them and ordered them to stop the recording.

After showing the policemen their identity cards, indicating that they are journalists covering #EndSARS protests and monitoring compliance with the government-imposed curfew, the policemen became annoyed and pounced on them.

Odunayo said the policemen tortured them for four hours, adding that they stripped them of their clothes, laid them on the floor, beat them with a stick and guns, and took a video recording of them while torturing them at the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Odunayo said, “Femi and I were at the Secretariat in Alausa around 7 am and were doing a live video of the activities going on in the area. We were heading back to the expressway when a group of armed policemen accosted us at the Lagos State House of Assembly roundabout and immediately collected our phones. We showed them our ID cards, but they refused to let us go.

“What got the policemen annoyed was that we saw them using a stick and a rubber to beat a young man, and during the live video, they heard me saying that they were beating someone. So, after they arrested us, they tortured us and demanded that we should do another live video denying the statement, but we refused.

“Each Time we refused, they slapped us, used a stick to beat us, used the butt of their guns to hit our heads and bodies after stripping us of our clothes. All they wanted was for us to do another live broadcast to claim that we lied and we didn’t because we told the truth.”

Dawodu said it took the intervention of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi before they were released at the Alausa Police Station, adding that before their release, the policemen took their details, including their addresses, took a video record of them and threatened to go after them if any negative report was published about what happened.

He said, “The policemen were transferring the aggression of what is happening regarding the #EndSARS protest on us. They later took us to the Divisional Police Station in Alausa, and if not for the DPO, the policemen guarding the LSHA that arrested us would have done more grievous things to us.

“The PPRO and the DPO later spoke with them, and we were released.

“But despite his intervention, we were told to write statements. They collected our details, address, took video recordings of us making false statements during the torture, and threatened to use it to blackmail and go after us if we end up doing any bad report against them.”

Sahara Reporters

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says

Published

on

CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says

Lekki Concession Company in their press release has debunked the rumour that the Lekki Toll Gate CCTV camera was not removed.

Lekki, Ikoyi tolls will rise on February 1 – LCC - Ivory NG

According to the press release by the company which condemns the unlawful killings of the peaceful protesters said no one gave the order for the removal of the Closed Circuit Television System as the CCTV is still intact as of the time of this report.

Speaking further, the concession company revealed that if the CCTV was to be removed, it would require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed.

Read the release report below;

Image

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Government official has a hand in the present situation of the country – Babangida

Published

on

Government official has a hand in the present situation of the country – Babangida

Former Military president of Nigeria, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has disclosed that the government has a hand in the mayhem going on in the country.

The 79-year-old made this remark owing to the massacre in Lekki toll gate and other parts of the country. He quoted Gen. Sani Abacha and disclosed that any insurgency that exceeds 24hours is being manipulated by the government.

Taking to his Twitter page he wrote;

“Once again, I will like to quote Late Gen. Sani Abacha: “Any Insurgency that lasts more than 24 hours, a government official has a hand in it.”

Continue Reading

Trending