Connect with us

National News

“Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward” – OAU Management Says

Published

on

The public relations office of the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in Osun state , Abiodun Olanrewaju, says the female student involved in the sex-for-mark scandal currently rocking the institution, has refused to come forward to testify before the panel that has been set up to investigate the matter.

In an audio convesation which has since gone viral, a lecturer in the school, professor Richard Akindele could be heard telling a final year female student, Enitan, that he will have to sleep with her five times before she can pass his course which she failed.

Speaking on a programme on Rave FM in Osogbo, the state capital on Wednesday April 11th, the OAU spokesperson said the incident happened last year.

According to Olanrewaju, the victim is said to be apprehensive that the lecturer might lose his job if she comes forward.

He said;
”We have put machinery in motion to ascertain the veracity of the claims and identify the characters involved. As I am talking to you now, the management has taken a position which we will be working on now. On the day that the audio was leaked, the vice chancellor and other principal officers of the university acted, including the legal director of the university. We set up a committee and the vice chancellor gave the committee one week to submit its report. After that, we will know what to do.

The incident happened last year. We have been calling her (the student’s) line, but she is not responding to her calls again. We learnt that she confided in someone that she did not want the appointment of the man (lecturer) to be terminated because of her case. The panel has been set up and query has been given to the man; but we need somebody to come up that she was the one that was sexually harassed and the person is not in sight.”

Source – Torimill

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Published

on

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm
Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Buhari

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday evening, following the escalation of violence in different parts of the country.

“Following detailed briefing by security chiefs on the current situation in the country, Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7pm,” President Buhari’s media adviser Femi Adesina said.

“Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Radio Nigeria respectively for the broadcast,” says Femi Adesina who is Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.

Lagos and most of Nigeria has been overrun by arsonists and hoodlums since soldiers opened live rounds on peaceful protesters on October 20, 2020.

Continue Reading

National News

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings

Published

on

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings
John Eneche

John Eneche

Major General John Eneche, the Nigerian defence director of information, has said that the reports about soldiers shooting #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday are mere ‘allegations.’

Eneche said this during a media briefing in Abuja, where he also mentioned that the analysis of the shooting and video evidence available suggest that they may have been photoshopped.

In his words;

“I even got analysts. People that have analysed the various videos that were cropped and photoshopped put together. If not that I’m not permitted, I could have forwarded it to your Instagram”, he said.

Eneche added that he is not permitted to speak further on the incident so as not to compromise the outcome of the findings by the Commission of Enquiry already constituted by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

In his words;

“We are dealing with major operations, anything outside this is what is called Operation MENSA, I may not want to go too much into Operation MENSA because it is not a major operation. We have nine Operations and other subsidiary Operations which I have been directed to focus.

“Operation MENSA is strictly under the policy directive of the various states we have them all over the country and it is the oldest of all Operations. For this Operation you have the Military, Navy Air Force, Civil Defence and the Police put together. So these Operations are still standing and running and I am aware that the state governments are using them in all these capacities, that is internal security, the level we are now is internal security and that is why the Police proactively came out and then deployed all their Force package that are necessary to handle that so that is where we are. So if there was anything and if it is true, why am I saying if it is true because up to this morning, I even called analysts who have analyzed videos that were photoshopped and put together, if not that I am not permitted, I would have forwarded it to you.

“The issue is not an operation that I can respond to. But I can tell you that it is an allegation for now, so let us not set the cart before the horse. If the matter was still open-ended I would have had I response for you but it is no longer open-ended, because immediately, not even up to five hours, before midnight the Governor of Lagos set up an Inquiry, so whatever we say now will not be fair to the Commission.”

Read Also: Sanwo-Olu Confirms Lekki Toll Gate CCTV Still Intact

Watch the video clip below:

 

 

Continue Reading

National News

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Governor Fayemi

Amidst the continued violence across the country, Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has approved the extension of the 24-hour curfew in Ekiti State indefinitely.

The curfew was declared on Tuesday evening following reported cases of violence in Ado Ekiti as hoodlums allegedly the peaceful protest by EndSARS protesters.

The initial curfew lapsed on Wednesday night by 10 pm.

Also Read: “I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters

However, on Thursday morning, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Akin Omole, announced that the curfew still continues in every part of the state until further notice.

It reads: “The general public is hereby alerted that the 24-hour curfew announced by the State Government is still in place in all parts of the state until further notice.

“Government appreciates the cooperation of all citizens of the state in obeying the curfew and ensuring that peace returns to the state.”

Continue Reading

Trending