Graphic Photo Of Two Young Kidnappers Allegedly Shot Dead By SARS Operatives In Ogun State

The alleged kidnappers shot dead (Photo:National Helm)

Operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Ogun state have reportedly shot dead two young suspected kidnappers whose ages ranged from 23 years old to 25 years old.

The two members of the kidnapping syndicate according to a report by National Helm were gunned down on the 1st of March 2018 after they engaged the FSARS operatives in a gun duel in a bid to rescue an abducted women.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO Abimbola Oyeyemi, “Trouble started at about 1pm last weekend when a distress call was made to the police that one Mrs. Ajayi, a pastor’s wife has been kidnapped along Abeokuta Ibadan Road”.

The woman was said to have boarded a taxi going to Eleweran in Abeokuta area of Ogun State unknown to her that she boarded the wrong vehicle. She was forcefully driven to a dreaded area of Odeda where she was taken into the bush and held hostage.

The kidnappers collected her husband’s number, put a call across to him informing him that his wife was in their custody and that the sum of N2m should be paid for her release.

The victim’s husband who happened to be the pastor of a popular church in Abeokuta quickly informed the police. Upon receiving the information, the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Iliyasu gave a marching order to the officer in-charge of FSARS, DSP Uba Adam to go after the hoodlums, rescue the victim and apprehend the suspects.

In compliance with CP’s directives, the O/C FSARS led his men to the bush where the suspects were technically traced to, and engaged them in a gun battle which lasted for about 45 minutes.

At the end of the encounter, two members of the syndicate were shot and arrested but eventually died on the way to hospital. One policeman was also injured and undergoing treatment in a hospital while the victim was rescued unhurt. Recovered from the suspects were two locally made single barrel guns and four live cartridges.

After the success of the operation, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Iliyasu praised the gallantry display of his men. He enjoined members of the public to always report any criminal incident to the police on time with an assurance that prompt actions will always be taken on such incidences.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here