Connect with us

News Feed

Revealed: Reinstated NHIS Boss Currently In Fresh Scandal Over Unauthorized Withdrawal Of N10 Billion

Published

on

Professor Yusuf Usman, recently reinstated as Executive Secretary (ES) of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), is suspected to have been involved in the unauthorized withdrawal of N10billion from the funds contributed by enrollees in the scheme. According to documents obtained by SaharaReporters, the funds, kept in the Federal Government’s Treasury Single Account (TSA), were withdrawn in two installments. The funds are made up of the 10 percent medical allowance due to federal civil servants.

The deductions were stopped in 2006, with the funds handed over to the NHIS to use in providing health insurance coverage to federal civil servants.

Documents obtained by SaharaReporters showed that the first withdrawal of N5billion was made on December 28 2016, a few months after Professor Usman assumed office as Executive Secretary. Sources in the NHIS said he made out as though he was ready to get the withdrawal reversed, but ended up not doing so.

The second withdrawal, also of N5 billion, was made on January 28 2018. Sources alleged that the second withdrawal had the imprimatur of cabal around President Muhammadu Buhari, abetted by the Central Bank of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Finance and Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.

Last December, President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the reinstatement to office of Professor Usman despite his indictment by a ministerial investigative panel for a welter of corruption allegations and subsequent suspension from as approved by Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President, who was acting President when President Buhari was hospitalized in the UK.

Sources reckoned that Professor Usman was reinstated purposely because he is needed to conceal the illegal withdrawals and shield members of the cabal around the President. According to the sources, Mr. Attahiru, who functioned as ES, NHIS, when Professor Usman was suspended, questioned the propriety of the withdrawals and requested to know who authorized them. This, they said, was the reason for which Professor Usman was brought back in controversial circumstances on February 7th 2017 to cover up the unprecedented withdrawal.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

News Feed

Dr Anu Adepoju Of Med Contour Reportedly Suspended From Medical Practice

Published

on

Dr. Anu Adepoju of Med Contour has reportedly been suspended from practising by the Nigerian Medical and Dental board.

Twitter influencer and doctor, Dr. olufunmilayo shared the new via his Twitter page, noting that the board reached its decision after an investigation into the death of one of her patients as well as another who had complications from surgery.

Recall that an Instagram Influencer, Omohtee called out Dr Anu Adepoju earlier in the year for ruining her buttocks after suffering complications from a surgical procedure despite paying the sum of 1.5 million naira for a Brazilian butt lift.

Anu Adepoju was also alleged to have killed a beauty queen in 2018, the result of a failed procedure.

According to Dr. Olufunmilayo, Anu graduated from College of Medicine, Unilag in 2017 and performed plastic surgery on a patient in December 2018 when she was a House Officer.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Davido celebrates his mum on her posthumous birthday

Published

on

David Adedeji Adeleke (born November 21, 1992), better known as David’s mum, Veronica Adeleke, would have turned a year older today November 23.

He posted this throwback photo of he and his mum on his Instagram this afternoon with the caption;

”Happy Birthday Mama … love and miss you always”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Death threats issued on WizKid associates by 30BG crew is unbelievable – Kemi Olunloyo

Published

on

Kemi Olunloyo known for holding controversial opinions has disclosed that Wizkid and Davido have taken their feud to another level.

According to a post sighted on her social media page, she has alleged that the 30 Billion Geng crew of Nigerian artist Davido are threatening the associates of Wizkid outside Nigeria.

Kemi Olunloyo has however urged Davido to control his crew members or anyone behind it because they can be arrested.

Her tweet reads:

The COLD WAR going on between Davido and WizKid could destroy the Nigerian music business. The DEATH ☠️threats metted upon WizKid associates by 30BG crew is unbelievable. Fans have no idea! Davido should control his crew ASAP. Most of this is happening abroad
#Kemitalksblog

This one is WORSE than Toyin Abraham vs Liz Anjorin. The fan threats was why I called
@Opetodolapo in and settled it fast. One fan sent a message to Lizzy to pay him 500K to kill Toyin and her baby. Wizkid & Davido’s crew are fighting in foreign territory. Anyone can be arrested

Continue Reading

Trending