A man, identified as Aliyu Mohammed, has cut off the manhood of his 12-year-old cousin, Farouk Ibrahim, for reasons that were not stated as at the time of this report.
The incident happened in the Babana area of the Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State.
It was learnt that Ibrahim was on his way to the farm to deliver food to his siblings, when Mohammed pounced on him.
Mohammed, it was learnt, strangled Ibrahim and cut off his penis after the latter had become unconscious.
Northern City News gathered that Ibrahim, who was left in the pool of his own blood, regained consciousness nine hours later and managed to go home where he narrated his ordeal to his parents.
He was subsequently rushed to a hospital for treatment.
Ibrahim explained to our correspondent on Thursday that Mohammed attacked him at about 6am.
“I did not know what was happening; I woke up in the afternoon and was feeling pains in my manhood. When I looked down, I saw I was bleeding and my manhood had been cut off.
“I had to gather some strength and struggled to get home. I walked and in some places, I had to rest because the pain was much. I never knew one could feel such pain and survive, the pain was excruciating,” he narrated.
The victim’s uncle, Usman Aliyu, explained that the incident took place late December, adding that Ibrahim was taken to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, where a surgery was carried out and a catheter was inserted to enable him to urinate.
He asked for assistance from government and individuals to enable Ibrahim to undergo a comprehensive surgery so that he could have a functional manhood.
Aliyu told Northern City News that Mohammed had been arrested by the police, and had made confessional statement to investigators about the incident.
He added that Mohammed had also taken the police to the scene of the crime but had yet to give any reason for the violent attack on his cousin.
Usman said that the cost of buying antibiotics for the victim and replacing the catheter every month, coupled with the expenses of transporting him from New Bussa to the hospital where the catheter was changed was gradually taking a toll on the finances of the family.
He appealed for assistance from the state government and individuals.
The Head of Surgery, General Hospital, Minna, Dr. Adamu Bala, who examined Ibrahim, said although the teaching hospital tried to save the situation, Farouk might never have a functional manhood unless he went for an elaborate plastic surgery which is not available in Nigeria.
He said, “I reviewed the case of the boy. His penis was amputated and he was taken to the teaching hospital in Ilorin, they were able to save the situation at that moment.
“They were able to do some kind of plastic surgery to stop the bleeding and they inserted a catheter so that the boy would be able to pass urine. The only unfortunate part was that the amputated part was not seen and could not be sutured back.”
He added, “The situation is really sad because for this guy to have a functional penis, he will need an elaborate plastic surgery, the kind which I do not think we can do here in the country; he will have to be taken abroad where he would be assessed and examined to see how they can fashion a functional penis for him.”
The surgeon said the victim was undergoing psychological and physical trauma as a result of the attack, adding that the family would need assistance from the government and individuals to raise the money for the surgery.
“Right now, there is the psychological and physical disturbance that the young boy is going through. Before now, he would have experienced erection but no, it cannot happen again. Before the incident, he was passing urine normally but now, he is passing urine through a pipe which is very abnormal and can be depressing. He needs urgent help,” Bala said.
The Niger State Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the incident, saying the matter had been charged to court.
Source: ( Punch Newspaper )
Former Lawmaker, Shehu Sani Accuses FG Of Using Huge Loans To Buy Substandard Chinese Railway Locomotives
Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has accused the Federal Government of taking huge loans to acquire substandard and refurbished trains.
The former lawmaker from Kaduna made this accusation on Thursday on his Twitter page while condemning the recent breakdown of the Kaduna-Abuja railway.
The railway line was reported to have broken down between November 18 and November 20, exposing passengers on the journey to grave danger.
He expressed that for such to have happened, it means Nigeria paid for substandard or refurbished locomotives adding that the Chinese contractor in charge must be made to repair them at no cost to the government.
Faulty Train Locomotive;Its painful and tragic for Our country to pay for substandard or refurbished locomotives with huge loans.The broken down locomotives along Kaduna Abuja is putting the lives of many in danger.The Chinese contractor must replace them at zero cost to the Govt
— Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani) November 26, 2020
Gowon: AfDB President Adesina Warns Against Misinformation
In recent days, the former Head of State has been in the news over the allegation that he looted half of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) when he was in office.
Tom Tugendhat, a member of the United Kingdom parliament, had referenced an allegation that Gowon looted Nigeria’s treasury while in office.
Reacting in a tweet on Thursday, Adesina said Nigerians should beware of misinformation.
He described Gowon as a “great and admirable elder statesman of Nigeria”, adding that his “honesty and integrity are impeccable.”
“Be careful of misinformation! H.E. General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s former Head of State, is a man of great honour, decency, honesty, amazing simplicity, humility, and integrity. I know him. A great and admirable elder statesman of Nigeria. His honesty and integrity are impeccable.
Be careful of misinformation! H.E. General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s former Head of State, is a man of great honour, decency, honesty, amazing simplicity, humility and integrity. I know him. A great and admirable elder statesman of Nigeria. His honesty and integrity are impeccable. pic.twitter.com/YznYN873qH
— Akinwumi A. Adesina (@akin_adesina) November 26, 2020
Gowon Describes UK MP’s Fraud Allegations As False
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (Rtd) has reacted to allegations by a British lawmaker that he stole half of the Central Bank of Nigeria while in office.
In his reaction on Wednesday, the former Nigerian leader described the submission by the British Parliamentarian, Tom Tugendhat as rubbish.
He pointed out that he served Nigeria meritoriously and never stole anything with the records clearly available for all to see.
It will be recalled Tugendhat on Monday while addressing the British Parliament during a debate on a petition calling on the UK to impose sanctions on some federal government officials for their roles during the recent #EndSARS protest in Nigeria, submitted that some leaders have been looting the West African nation and hiding the ill-gotten wealth in the UK.
However, Gowon in his reaction to the allegation was quoted to have told the BBC in an exclusive interview: “I don’t know where he got that rubbish from, I served Nigeria diligently and my records are there for all to see.”
- National News21 hours ago
Pretty Lady Who Recently Got Married Dies During Child Birth
- Entertainment8 hours ago
“Manipulative As Ever People” – Erica‘s Manager Drags Laycon Over Interview
- Entertainment7 hours ago
Mike Edwards’ Wife, Perri Shares Lovely Family Photo On Instagram
- News Feed21 hours ago
I miss my ex-husband, Blossom Chukwu — Maureen Esisi
- Entertainment11 hours ago
VIDEO: Weird Controversies Trail Wedding Ceremony Of Nigerian Actor, Williams Uchemba
- News Feed21 hours ago
Fans Of Yemi Alade Mocks Tiwa Savage For Not Making Grammy Awards Nominees
- National News22 hours ago
Court To Begin Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Treason’ Trial In Absentia
- News Feed21 hours ago
Nigerian man publicly denounces Christianity, accepts Ijaw deity worship