Connect with us

News Feed

How I Waited For Someone Else’s Baby To Die So That My Own Can Live – Woman Shares Painful Story

Published

on

Mum Ashley said she was determined to fight for her son Benjamin

According to a report by The Sun UK, a mother has revealed her agony waiting for her baby boy to receive a life-saving heart – while knowing it must come from another sick child.

Little Benjamin Rayner was given a “non-existent” survival rate after being born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, on the urgent waiting list for a replacement since he was three-days-old.

The tot, whose condition means only half his heart is working, is now six-months-old, with his determined mum Ashley Hardy saying it was her “life dream” to help her son find a heart.

Speaking to the Sun Online, the mum said: “He has been on the urgent list for a transplant from three days old.

“We were told you just have to wait for a heart – there aren’t many baby hearts, and it kills us everyday thinking about where it would come from.”

The 31-year-old said her son had been diagnosed with the heart condition when she was just 24 weeks pregnant, having only been able to hold him for a minute after he was born before doctors whisked him away for treatment.

Benjamin was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome

The tot was born at Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle on August 1 last year, and has already undergone four major operations in his short life already.

Hypoplastic left heart syndrome occurs in up to four out of every 10,000 live births.

Ashley, her partner Dave Rayner and two eldest daughters are now fighting to give their little boy the best chance of survival.

She said: “We were gutted, everything was turned upside down when we found out about his condition.

“His survival rate was non existent but we decided we weren’t going to let him pass away, we were going to fight.”

She appealed for people to join the Organ Donor Register, with heart transplants giving at least 50 per cent of patients an extra ten years.

In many children, HLHS occurs by chance, with no clear reason evident for the underdevelopment.

Stay updated with the latest Nigerian news from Information Nigeria

News Feed

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Senator Gershom Bassey’s resident has been vandalized and looted by hoodlums rampaging the streets of Calabar.

Information Nigeria gathered that the hoodlums overpowered the security men attached to the property.

 

This is in spite of the  24 hours curfew declared in Cross River state.

Some of the buildings already vandalised include the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office along Marian Road, Cross River State Transport Regulatory Agency (CRTRA) office and banks along Mayne Avenue and 8-Miles Calabar.

Federal institutions like the Ministry of Agriculture, Cross River Basin Authourity, and Federal Psychiatric Hospital were also vandalized.

Houses belonging to some politicians were not spared. Some of those affected include Senators Gershom Bassey and Victor Ndoma Egba. Bassey’s houses located at Mayne Avenue by White and the one at Asari Iso were looted and burnt.

Egba’s house located within the same Asari Iso axis was also vandalized.

To restore normalcy, military personnel have reportedly taken over major streets.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Hoodlums loot electronic store in Osogbo

Published

on

Hoodlums loot electronic store in Osogbo

Hoodlums have looted an electronic store in Osogbo, Osun State’s capital

It was gathered that some military personnel later stopped the hoodlums and recovered some goods.

 

In a new video sighted online, hoodlums were seen looting an electronic shop in Osogbo, Osun state.

The hoodlums were seen taking away motorbike and other electronic gadgets.

However, many netizens after watching the video have condemned it.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Shows Videos Were Genuine

Published

on

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Shows Videos Were Genuine

Forensic analysis of videos showing the killing of protesters at the Lekki toll-gate area by soldiers on Tuesday has shown them to be authentic, in spite of the Nigerian Army’s classification of the reports as fake and the Defence Headquarters’ claim that the videos were doctored.

In a report published by the Digital Forensic Research (DRF) Lab on Thursday, it noted that open-source evidence contradicted these denials.

“Several videos corroborate the location and presence of Nigerian soldiers at the Lekki Toll Plaza, a major toll highway toll concession in the south of Lagos,” said Jean Le Roux, the lab’s Research Associate for Southern Africa.

“Video footage posted on Twitter place Nigerian soldiers at the plaza, where they are seen approaching peaceful demonstrators and opening fire. Subsequent footage shows injured civilians being carried away from the same location.”

Using four videos, the DFRLab geolocated the shooting at the toll-gate “despite denials by the Nigerian military”.

“A different video shows what appears to be soldiers of the Nigerian army approaching protesters where they were stationed behind plastic barriers. Soldiers approached the group and opened fire. No warning is heard in the video. Muzzle flashes indicate that several of the shots seen and heard here were fired into the air,” it stated.

It confirmed using features close to the toll-gate and across the channel that the video was taken “looking into a northern direction on the eastern part of the toll gate, suggesting that protesters were approached from both the east and west by law enforcement, as suggested by some witnesses”.

“Video footage also identified injured protestors at the same scene. The author of a video uploaded to Twitter on October 20 shows injured and bloodied protestors with the author claiming they were shot by soldiers. As the video pans, a parking garage to the south of the toll gate can be seen,” DFRLab continued.

“Another video taken in front of the toll gate showed several injured protestors being carried off in the presence of camouflaged soldiers, presumably the same soldiers seen in the second video above. At least two protestors are carried away, while a third is seen on the ground during the video.”

Geolocation of the last video placed soldiers at the southern section of the toll-gate’s eastern part.

“Despite denials by the Nigerian Army, open-source evidence links the presence of Nigerian soldiers at the Lekki Toll Gate at the same time as the first reports of shooting came in,” the organisation emphasised.

“Video footage also showed Lekki Toll Gate protestors, who had been peaceful in the preceding 11 days, bloodied and injured in the presence of these soldiers.”

According to Amnesty International, an on-the-ground investigation revealed that at least 10 people were killed when armed officials of the Nigerian Army opened fire on the protesters.

“These shootings clearly amount to extrajudicial executions. There must be an immediate investigation and suspected perpetrators must be held accountable through fair trials. Authorities must ensure access to justice and effective remedies for the victims and their families,” it said.

News Credit ~ HumAngle

Continue Reading

Trending