Connect with us

Entertainment

Fame not my aim for ‘sharing’ money – Williams Uchemba

Published

on

Since actor and comedian, Williams Uchemba, started his Give Challenge in December, his popularity has soared.

However, in a chat with Sunday Scoop, Uchemba, who was once a kid actor, said he didn’t initiate the gesture to gain popularity or seek attention.

He said, “I have been in the limelight since I was eight years old. What I am doing now is not because I want popularity, irrespective of what anyone thinks. I am doing it because God has said I should do so. As long as people are blessed and their lives are changed for the better, I am happy. Before I started the challenge, I had more than 300,000 followers on Instagram and the number has not changed. The Give Challenge only drew more attention to me, but it has not made me famous. I have my skits and other things I have been doing.”

The actor also stated that he is not rich and he had not spent anything near what many people have in their bank accounts. He said, “I believe that my supposed “show off” has inspired thousands of people around the world to do something for the poor. If this has made such a huge impact, then everyone needs to start showing off. I am a businessman, I work with the United Nations and I am an actor. I make profits from these activities. What I have spent is just a couple of thousands, but some people think I have a lot of money. I am not a rich man if that is what most people think.

“A lot of Nigerians are suffering because our resources are shared among a few people. I was on my way home one day when a car hit an elderly man who was hawking and he died immediately. If the country had been better, he would not have been on the road. What would have happened to his wife and children who were expecting him at home?”

He added, “I am not from a wealthy home. While I was growing up, there were times I had nothing to eat. There was a day I found myself eating soap. When I came back from school, I was so hungry and there was nothing to eat at home. I saw soap on the floor and I picked it up. I know how it feels to be hungry and you don’t have money to get food. Most Nigerians are in that state.”

source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

2 feared dead as policemen and alleged #EndSARS protesters clash in Enugu

Published

on

2 feared dead as policemen and alleged #EndSARS protesters clash in Enugu

“No where is safe” is the current situation of Nigeria.

The police is said to have killed two protesters in Enugu after a supposed heated clash.

According to an eyewitness, the protesters were initially chased away with a tear gas and after sometime, they returned with guns. They directed their shots to the police station near Nike Lake resort.

The police accepted the challenge and fired back, and this resulted in the death of two young men.

See graphic video below;

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘We Will Never Forget Lekki Massacre’ – Rapper M.I. Abaga

Published

on

'We Will Never Forget Lekki Massacre' - Rapper M.I. Abaga
Rapper M.I Abaga Launches Search For Man Who Approached His 15-Year-Old Niece

M.I Abaga

Nigerian rapper, Jude Abaga, popularly known as MI, has reacted to the massacre that took place at the #EndSARS protest ground at Lekki Tollgate. The rapper and entertainment entrepreneur took to his Twitter page to condemn the killing and state that the night will not be erased from history.

In his words:

“WE WILL NEVER FORGET THE NIGHT OUR GOVERNMENT KILLED US FOR ASKING THEM NOT TO KILL US #LekkiMassacre #EndSARS #CrimesAgainstHumanity”

Read AlsoVector, MI Abaga End Beef (Video)

The shooting of unarmed peaceful protesters by military officers on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 has received global attention with international political dignitaries and celebrities using their Twitter platforms to tweet regarding the incident.

See MI Abaga’s post below:

MI Abaga’s Twitter post

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Lekki Massacre Totally Unacceptable: Comedian Alibaba

Published

on

Lekki Massacre Totally Unacceptable: Comedian Alibaba
Alibaba

Alibaba

Nigerian comedian, Alibaba, has reacted to the shooting of unarmed protesters at Lekki Tollgate by military officers on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.

The veteran comedian cum actor and events compere took to his Instagram page to condemn the incident. Part of his post reads:

“The biggest mistake any democratically elected government can make, is to hand over its control to the military. Because in doing that, you have undermined the constitution, you have canceled the purpose of the National Assembly, made nonsense of the Supreme Court and confirmed that the Presidency cannot manage the country’s affairs.

Read AlsoComedian Alibaba Disowns Dino Melaye

By sending soldiers to the street, government is clearly, Planting that idea, without knowing it, that the ultimate leadership is in the hands of the soldiers.”

See his full post below:

The comedian’s post

Continue Reading

Trending