Connect with us

National News

“I will remain focused to move the country forward” – President Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday night said he would remain focused in order to restore the lost glory of the country.

Buhari, who made the remark in Kano at a Dinner organised in his honour by Kano State Government, said he would continue to do his best to ensure that the country attains greater heights.

“I will continue to do my best because my problem is Nigeria. Nigeria is my target and I will remain focused to move the country forward,” Buhari said.

He said his administration would continue to accord priority attention to education so as to empower the youth, to enable them contribute their quota toward the development of the country.

“If you educate people, you empower them. So we have to make sacrifice to prepare the youth for the future,” Buhari said.

He expressed happiness over the wonderful reception accorded him and his entourage by the people of the state on their arrival in the state capital.

“I am overwhelmed by the massive turnout of people who left what they were doing to welcome me. This should be a clear message to the opposition.

“The support has been consistent, so I don’t have words to express my appreciation to the people of Kano state.”

See photos from the dinner below:

 

Source – BellaNaija

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Releases Names Of Police Officers Under Prosecution In Lagos

Published

on

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Releases Names Of Police Officers Under Prosecution In Lagos
#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Releases Names Of Police Officers Under Prosecution In Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu

In a bid to restore calm in the state, Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has released the names of police officers being prosecuted for various human rights violations across the State.

He made this move known via his Twitter handle on Friday morning.

Also Read: Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari

Sanwo-Olu said the prosecution was part of the efforts of his administration to end police brutality in the State.

This is coming following days of violence in several parts of the state following the shooting of protesters by security operatives.

See his lengthy post:

 

Continue Reading

National News

Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari

Published

on

Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari
Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari

Niyi Osundare

Poet laureate, Professor Niyi Osundare has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to tell Nigerians the person who ordered soldiers to shoot at unarmed protesters in the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos State.

Soldiers of the Nigerian Army had on Tuesday opened fire on peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Plaza following the declaration of a 24-hour curfew by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Following the shooting, Nigerians urged President Buhari to address the nation.

Addressing Nigerians on Thursday, Buhari called for an end to the protest, adding that his government had already accepted and started implementing the demands of the protesters.

Also Read: Buhari Holds National Security Meeting Amid EndSARS Protests Violence

He, however, failed to acknowledge the use of excessive force by soldiers of the Nigerian Army on protesters in Lekki Toll Plaza.

In a statement titled, ‘President Buhari, Say Something,’ Osundare asked Buhari to reveal who ordered the shooting.

The poet disclosed that many saw Buhari’s silence on the matter as a sign of contempt while others said it was due to lack of concern.

Osundare said, “You have an urgent, even existential reason to prove them wrong. Tell us: who ordered the Lekki Massacre? Who oversaw its execution? What sanctions are you putting in place for those perpetrators? The Nigerian people are waiting to know. The whole wide world is waiting.”

Continue Reading

National News

#EndSARS: Hooligans Pushing For Regime Change – Northern Governors

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hooligans Pushing For Regime Change, Say Northern Governors
#EndSARS: Hooligans Pushing For Regime Change, Say Northern Governors

Simon Lalong

Governors of the 19 Northern States under the aegis of the Northern Governors’ Forum (NGF) have accused hoodlums of hijacking the #EndSARS protests and attempting to change government outside the ballot box.

The Governors laid the accusation in a communique issued on Thursday at the end of their emergency meeting in Kaduna State which was signed by Simon Lalong, the Forum’s chairman.

According to Lalong, they recognize the constitutional liberty of citizens to protest but don’t understand or support the decision to continue the protests after the government had met their demands.

Also Read: Use any lawful means to bring back law and order – Buhari tells law enforcement agents

He stated that the protests have been hijacked by criminally minded persons who are now using the protesters to push their selfish ambitions.

He said the protesters have turned themselves to enemies of the state and called on well-meaning Nigerians to resist any act or attempt to cause division in the country.

Continue Reading

Trending