Connect with us


PDP leaders hail Governor Nyesom Wike on his birthday



The leaders of the Peoples Democratic  Party ( PDP) have described the governor Nyesom Wike as a man of character, who “is steadfast and committed to nation building and the survival of the party.”

They (Wike and PDP leaders) spoke on Wednesday night during a special birthday service and dinner in honour of the governor at his country home in Port Harcourt.

Wike stated, “I will never do anything that will bring down the PDP. I will continue to work for the party to meet the expectations of Nigerians. Nigerians are waiting for the PDP to rise and save them.

“My advice to the new National Working Committee is that you should endeavour not to fail Nigerians. Don’t compromise, no matter the bait.”

The governor stated that he was strong politically because of the support he had received from the leaders of all the ethnic divides in the state.

He said such support had made it impossible for the APC Federal Government to derail the process of development and rebirth taking place in the state.

Wike added, “I will continue to work for the people of Rivers State and Nigeria because my survival and longevity are deposited in the hands of God.

“God has protected me over the years despite the challenges I have faced. Every additional year is a blessing from God and a call to greater service.

“People should be firm and truthful at all times. I don’t abandon my friends, no matter the situation. If you take a bullet for me, I will take a bullet for you.”

He faulted the celebration of the 10th anniversary of a Supreme Court judgment by a former governor of the state, adding that it was a display of hypocrisy because the ex-governor shut down courts in Rivers State for two years.

He said beginning from Friday (today), his administration would begin the construction of new projects in Port Harcourt, Ikwerre, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Abua, Ahoada East/West and Asari-Toru local government areas of the state.

In his remarks, the Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, stated that Wike had done well for Rivers State and Nigeria, saying he should be celebrated.

Ishaku said the contributions of the Rivers State governor were significant to the revival of the PDP.

In his remarks, the Ekiti State Governor and Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Ayo Fayose, described Wike as a manifestation of courage and a hope for the downtrodden.

“Our association with him has yielded positive results for the country as we will continue to stand for the ordinary people,” Fayose said.

The Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, said the people of Rivers State had every reason to thank God for the gift of Wike, stating that the governor had remained focused in service delivery despite distractions.

Also, the PDP National Chairman, Mr. Uche Secondus, said Wike was a miracle governor that had remained focused in the service of his people and the protection of democracy.

Speaking, former Chairman of the National Caretaker Committee of the PDP, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, praised Wike for being a committed and principled democrat, who supported the committee at a very critical time.

Source: ( Punch Newspaper )


Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew



Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq

Following the outbreak of violence in some quarters of the State, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State has declared a 24-hour Curfew on the state starting on Saturday.

Governor Abdulrazaq made this known in a statewide broadcast on Friday night.

Recall that on Friday some residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital stormed the warehouses where the government stored COVID-19 palliatives expected to be distributed to citizens.

Also Read: BREAKING: Lagos Government Relaxes Curfew

The warehouses, located at the cargo warehouse of the International airport in Ilorin as well as the agro-mall located in the Sango area of the state were totally ransacked as residents struggled to pack as much food items as they could.

Abdulrazaq said, “Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are.

“To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

“People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.

“Our observation is that what has happened today is not a protest, it cannot be defended under any guide, it was a pure act of criminality as some people are hiding under the guise of nationwide protest.”

Continue Reading


Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest



Two PUNCH journalists, Femi Dawodu and Segun Odunayo, were on Wednesday brutalised by policemen guarding the Lagos State House of Assembly in Ikeja.

The duo had gone to cover events around the Alausa area, a major demonstration ground of the #EndSARS protesters calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force.

According to the PUNCH, both Odunayo and Dawodu were recording a live video of activities in the area when the policemen accosted them and ordered them to stop the recording.

After showing the policemen their identity cards, indicating that they are journalists covering #EndSARS protests and monitoring compliance with the government-imposed curfew, the policemen became annoyed and pounced on them.

Odunayo said the policemen tortured them for four hours, adding that they stripped them of their clothes, laid them on the floor, beat them with a stick and guns, and took a video recording of them while torturing them at the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Odunayo said, “Femi and I were at the Secretariat in Alausa around 7 am and were doing a live video of the activities going on in the area. We were heading back to the expressway when a group of armed policemen accosted us at the Lagos State House of Assembly roundabout and immediately collected our phones. We showed them our ID cards, but they refused to let us go.

“What got the policemen annoyed was that we saw them using a stick and a rubber to beat a young man, and during the live video, they heard me saying that they were beating someone. So, after they arrested us, they tortured us and demanded that we should do another live video denying the statement, but we refused.

“Each Time we refused, they slapped us, used a stick to beat us, used the butt of their guns to hit our heads and bodies after stripping us of our clothes. All they wanted was for us to do another live broadcast to claim that we lied and we didn’t because we told the truth.”

Dawodu said it took the intervention of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi before they were released at the Alausa Police Station, adding that before their release, the policemen took their details, including their addresses, took a video record of them and threatened to go after them if any negative report was published about what happened.

He said, “The policemen were transferring the aggression of what is happening regarding the #EndSARS protest on us. They later took us to the Divisional Police Station in Alausa, and if not for the DPO, the policemen guarding the LSHA that arrested us would have done more grievous things to us.

“The PPRO and the DPO later spoke with them, and we were released.

“But despite his intervention, we were told to write statements. They collected our details, address, took video recordings of us making false statements during the torture, and threatened to use it to blackmail and go after us if we end up doing any bad report against them.”

Sahara Reporters

Continue Reading


CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says



Lekki Concession Company in their press release has debunked the rumour that the Lekki Toll Gate CCTV camera was not removed.

Lekki, Ikoyi tolls will rise on February 1 – LCC - Ivory NG

According to the press release by the company which condemns the unlawful killings of the peaceful protesters said no one gave the order for the removal of the Closed Circuit Television System as the CCTV is still intact as of the time of this report.

Speaking further, the concession company revealed that if the CCTV was to be removed, it would require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed.

Read the release report below;


Continue Reading