Lady dies in gas explosion after her phone rang close to a gas cylinder

A phone-triggered gas explosion has killed Rotary Club president International, GRA, Osogbo

Deputy Director, O-Ambulance, according to Linda Ikeji blog, a State of Osun safety organisation, Olori Opeyemi Omobolawa Fola, has died as result of a gas explosion in Osogbo.

The sad incident happened on Wednesday December 13, 2017.

The trained senior nurse, was said to have gone to the popular Grace Gas, Osogbo, to refill her cylinder, when she suddenly had a call and brought out her phone from her pocket.

According to an eyewitness, the phone exploded instantly, set the woman and her car on fire, and flung the cylinder to a far distance.

Some others were also said to have been seriously injured as a result of the explosion.

She will be buried today, December 15th.

54 COMMENTS

  1. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
    There should be a law by our legislature banning the use of cellphones as well as other electronic devices at such highly inflammable places like prtrol and gas filling stations.

  2. May her gentle soul rest in peace in d blossom of d Lord, IJN Amen!
    May d good Lord grant her family, friends & relations d fortitude 2bear d irreparable loss, amen!

  3. Gas cylinders should be filled to their required weight not fill to the brim .
    May her soul rest in peace

  4. May her soul rest in peace

    I pray to the Almighty God comfort the family and the Rotary family world wide.

    Amen.

  5. This China phone must be investigated ….. the type of phone produce are dangerous to human used .. the material used are not safe to our environment .

  6. oh ! sadness may she rest in peace.Also this is advice to us, we need to switch off our phone when we are nearness to gas or diesel station.My question is was there no any hazard sign there ,which show to switch off phones? if yes then we must obey hazard sign or symbols.Thank you

  7. manufacturers should be held responsible for such mishaps for failure to educate the it clientele on precautions to take.

  8. It’s amazing that Nigerians are still ignorant of causes of explosion in the use of iPhone. Majority of us don’t read literatures attached to items bought. I’ll insist that SON or the relevant authority ensure that the literature come with simplified manual. Imagine the laurels that has been lost through these means. May God console the husbands of those that departed & their family.

  9. God should keep her safe..
    All is for good to serve as a deterrent for those who are ignorant of keeping cell phones away when going to fill gas cylinders

    May her soul rest in peace

  10. God should keep her safe..
    All is for good to serve as a deterrent for those who are ignorant of keeping cell phones away when going to fill gas cylinders

    May her soul rest in peace

  11. Many people is posting so much here by saying rest in peace by there is need to learn from such an incident. Mobile phone is not to be used in a filling station it’s like a time bomb that can explode at any given time in a petrol station. So let us learn and pass the information to our loved ones.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here