Connect with us

National News

Four armed robbers arrested in Ogun State

Published

on

Four notorious armed members have been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command at Odogbolu junction along Sagamu – Ijebu-Ode Epressway at about 11.30pm on Thursday.

The suspects were Israel Adams, Opeyemi Okegbenro, Ali Chibike, and Patrick Nwandagba.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the arrest of the suspects followed a distress call by members of the public that the hoodlums had blocked the highway and were dispossessing people of their belongings.

He said before their arrest, police report indicated that the robbers had succeeded in snatching a Lexus RX 330 sport utility vehicle with registration number KSF 509 CV from one their victims.

Oyeyemi said, “On receiving the distress call, the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, ordered the officer in-charge of Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Uba Adams, to go after the hoodlums and they moved swiftly to the scene. But on sighting the policemen, the robbers opened fire on them while the operatives also engaged them in a duel.”

He said at the end of the encounter, four members of the gang were arrested while others escaped into nearby bush.

The PPRO pointed out that the same gang had earlier on the same day attacked and shot one policeman, Oluwatobi Iwata, attached to Mobile Police 17 in Ondo State and one Samuel Olatunji, who later died on his way to the hospital.

He said items recovered from the suspects were one pump-action gun, two locally-made double-barreled pistols, four live cartridges and the SUV, adding that efforts were ongoing to apprehend the fleeing members of the gang.

Source: (  Punch Newspaper   )

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. coinman

    December 30, 2017 at 3:35 pm

    well-done gallant SARS I appreciate u guys all u do to keep us safe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Farmers In Borno

Published

on

Buhari Mourns As Boko Haram Kills Over 40 Borno Farmers

Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the reported slaughter of over 40 Borno farmers by the terrorist group, Boko Haram.

He expressed grief over the killing of farmers on rice fields at Zabarmari, in Jere Local Government of Borno State, describing the terrorist killings as insane.

Buhari’s position on the killings was contained in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, titled, ‘President Buhari condemns as insane, Boko Haram killing of farmers in Borno State.’

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

He said: “I condemn the killing of our hardworking farmers by terrorists in Borno State. The entire country is hurt by these senseless killings. My thoughts are with their families in this time of grief. May their souls Rest In Peace.”

President Buhari said the government had given all the needed support to the armed forces “to take all necessary steps to protect the country’s population and its territory.”

Continue Reading

National News

Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms

Published

on

Boko Haram Slaughters 43 Farmers In Borno, Destroys Rice Farms

Borno State

Boko Haram on Saturday reportedly beheaded 43 farmers in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, Borno State.

The insurgents were also said to have destroyed the rice plantation after slaughtering all the farmers in yet another major attack in the state that has been badly hit by the insurgent group.

Also Read: Presidency Clears Air On N150,000 Monthly Payment To Repentant Boko Haram Members

According to reports, the bodies of the slain farmers whose throats were also slit is still been kept by residents of the area who are insisting they won’t be buried until the state governor, Professor Babagana Zulum sees their bodies.

Continue Reading

National News

Akeredolu: There’s A Serious Security Crisis In Ondo

Published

on

Akeredolu: There’s A Serious Security Crisis In Ondo

Governor Akeredolu

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has expressed that there is a serious security crisis in Ondo State.

He made this remark while lamenting the murder of a monarch in the state, Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government, Oba Isreal Adeusi, who was killed by suspected kidnappers.

In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, Akeredolu described the incident as a sad one for the State.

Also Read: Unknown Gunmen Kill Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olufon Of Ifon

The governor described the act as a heinous crime that is too heavy and unbearable.

He said he has directed security agencies, especially the Nigeria Police, to fish out the perpetrators of the crime.

Akeredolu also vowed to do all he can to unravel those behind the act and make them face the full wrath of the law.

He advised that caution should be exercised from making public reference in statements or utterances in respect of the “great loss.”

 

Continue Reading

Trending