Connect with us

Entertainment

Star Trek actor George Takei accused of sexually assaulting former model in 1981

Published

on

Hollywood actor, George Takei,80, who rose to fame playing Hikaru Sulu on the original Star Trek television series was accused on Friday of sexual assault by Scott R. Brunton, a former actor and model.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Scott R. Brunton said the incident occurred in 1981 when he was beginning his career in Hollywood. He said he met Takei, who was 43 or 44 years old then, at a bar and the pair reportedly exchanged numbers and talked on occasion.

When Brunton, then 23 years old, broke up with his boyfriend at the time, he said Takei “was a great ear.”

“He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend,” Brunton recalled to The Hollywood Reporter. “He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve.”

Following a night out, the duo reportedly went back to Takei’s apartment for drinks. During the second round, Brunton said he began “feeling very disoriented and dizzy” and thought he “was going to pass out,” he told The Hollywood Reporter.

Brunton claimed he “passed out” in a beanbag chair in Takei’s apartment and when he regained consciousness, he allegedly found himself in a compromising position.

“The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter. “I came to and said, ‘What are you doing?!’ I said, ‘I don’t want to do this.’”

Brunton claimed he left the apartment despite Takei telling him “to relax” and “get comfortable.”

“I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked,” Brunton said. “I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that.”

Thinking no one would believe him, Brunton said he never went to the press with his story because “it’s my word against his,” he told the outlet.

Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter that he doesn’t “want anything from [Takei] but an apology” but he expects him to “disown all this.”

Four friends of Brunton’s confirmed to the outlet that their friend had previously spoken to them about the incident.

Reacting to the allegation on Twitter, George Takei, who had blasted Kevin Spacey for his sexual assault on fellow actor  Anthony Rapp denied the allegation and he is ‘shocked’ and ‘bewildered’ at the claims.

Read his statement below…

Friends,

I’m writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.

The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do

But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.

Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful

Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times

Source: Linda Ikeji’s blog

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘The Best Investment Is Lifting The Poor Out Of Poverty’ – Daddy Freeze

Published

on

The silence from churches and general overseers regarding #EndSARS is so loud – Daddy Freeze

Daddy Freeze

Nigerian broadcast journalist, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze, has offered his bits of wisdom on what the best kind of investment is.

The popular radio host and convener of the ‘Free The Sheeple’ movement is of the view that the best kind of investment is assisting the underprivileged within the society.

In his words:

“The best investment in life is not buying property or starting a business. Don’t let motivational speaker fvck with your mind… The best investment is lifting the poor out of poverty..

Your houses and businesses could be destroyed in seconds if you don’t invest in uplifting the youths around you from poverty!

Read Also#EndSARS: ‘Why Are Church Leaders Silent?’ – Daddy Freeze

Secure your future, don’t invest in businesses or property or your children alone, invest on the youths around you! ~ FRZ”

See his post below:

The OAP’s post

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Small Businesses Need Support’ – Mr Macaroni

Published

on

mr macaroni
Mr Macaroni

Nigerian Comedian, Mr Macaroni

Nigerian comedian, Debo Adedayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni, has urged the youths to help small businesses who need support regarding cleaning up after the recent violence witnessed in Lagos state.

The social media skit maker took to his Twitter page to share his views thus:

“Let’s focus on small businesses around us. If a lot of cleaning has been done or is being done already, then those businesses would need support. The government already said they will do that but there are also people and organizations willing to support.”

Read Also#EndSARS: Mr Macaroni Lambasts APC-Led Govt

Mr Macaroni also advised his fellow youths to be careful of trigger-happy men in uniform.

See his posts below:

The comedian’s posts

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor’ – Filmmaker Chika Lann

Published

on

'End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor' - Filmmaker Chika Lann
Chika Lann

Chika Lann

Nigerian filmmaker, Chika Lann, has tagged the ongoing violence resulting from the End SARS protests as a ‘rich vs poor’ fight. According to the television personality, it’s a sort of uprising against the rich.

Taking to her Instagram page, the actress and former model advises her fellow celebrities to go out there and help as many people as they can before things get out of hand.

Read AlsoNigerian Model, Chika Lann Throws Sister Out Of Her House For Allegedly Trying To Snatch Her Oyibo Husband

In her words:

“This #ENDSARS protest is obviously beyond Police Brutality. It’s a sort of uprising against the rich! The poor are coming for the rich. This is obviously RICH vs POOR. How else would you explain the wanton vandalism? I advise my fellow celebrity to go out there and help as much people as they can before it’s too late. #onelove”

See her post below:

The filmmaker’s post

 

Continue Reading

Trending