Connect with us

Uncategorized

Security officials arrested over the death of Ex- PDP Chairman’s son

Published

on

A CCTV footage have been obtained by the Federal Capital Territory Police Command showing the last moments of Bilyaminu Bello, the son of a former Peoples Democratic Party chairman who was allegedly killed by his wife, Maryam Sanda.

Our correspondent had reported that Bello was stabbed to death by his wife over allegations of infidelity after she read a text message on his phone.

It was learnt that Bello was rejected by two hospitals before he was finally pronounced dead.

An impeccable police source said the police recovered the CCTV footage of their residence.

“We have been able to obtain the footage and it shows the suspect and three private security guards conveying him unto a vehicle from where he was rushed to a hospital,” he said.

Our correspondent gathered that the security guards had been arrested by the police.

The Federal Capital Territory police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, said more suspects had been apprehended.

He said, “I know that some suspects have been arrested, but I don’t know their identity. I can’t confirm that the CCTV footage has been obtained, but it may be part of evidence gathering to assist in investigation.”

Meanwhile, a family friend of the victim, Habib Gajam, has alleged that Sanda threatened to cut off her husband’s private parts during a quarrel hours before she allegedly stabbed him to death.

The family friend said in a series of tweets on Twitter that he witnessed the violent quarrel during which the mother of one attempted to stab her husband while demanding a divorce.

Gajam explained that Bello’s friend, one Aliero, who was also present during the scuffle, prevented Sanda from stabbing the deceased.

He said, “At about 9 to 10pm on Saturday, tension started to build up between Bilyaminu (Bello) and his wife, Maryam (Sanda) at his residence.

“Maryam demanded a divorce with the threat of cutting off his manhood. Aliero, Bilyaminu’s friend in whose presence the drama started, intervened four times to stop Maryam from stabbing her husband.”

The witness explained that Ibrahim later called Bello’s uncle, identified as Auta and one Abba, the victim’s cousin, to prevail on her.

He said after some time, Sanda broke a bottle and attempted to stab her husband, but he reportedly struggled to take it from her, injuring himself in the process.

“After short calm, Maryam (Sanda) broke a bottle of groundnut and attempted to stab Bilyaminu (Bello) again, but this time, he held both her hands and struggled to take the bottle from her, injuring himself in the process….unrelenting and wild, she bit his finger.

“Uncle Auta had arrived at this time to calm the situation. They both committed to uncle Auta to let go of their grievances, at least for the night.

“After the situation had become calm, Bilyaminu and his friend went to a pharmacy to get his hand treated from the bite he sustained from Maryam,” he added.

Gajam explained that Bello and Ibrahim later went to withdraw money from an ATM for the repair of Sanda’s damaged car, noting that by the time they got back home around 11pm, everywhere was calm.

Abba and Ibrahim left for their homes around midnight, he said.

“When Bilyaminu (Bello) was seeing them off, he told Ibrahim that ‘I don’t want to go back until she’s asleep.’

“At around 2pm on Sunday, family members were summoned to Maitama Hospital, where Bilyaminu was lying in a pool of blood with multiple stabs on his chest, shoulder, a deep cut on his inner thigh, and many bite wounds on his stomach,” he added.

Gajam claimed that Sanda confessed to stabbing her husband to the hospital management, but added that she changed the story when she was directed to write a statement at the Maitama Police Station.

He said, “The police commissioner instructed that the crime scene should be visited. To the amasement of Abba and Ibrahim, who were key witnesses in the investigation, the bloodstains had been mopped up, murder weapon disappeared, but flower vases and pots were broken to corroborate Maryam’s earlier statement at the station.”

Gajam said Bello, who divorced his first wife to marry Sanda, did not deserve to be murdered.

Source: ( Punch Newspaper)

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Kulu Ayinla-Edun

    November 24, 2017 at 10:54 pm

    The whole situation is rather sad and unfortunate. May Allah dwell in the hearts of our youth and guide them aright. Amin. May d soul of Bilyaminu and others in d same situation rest in peace and may d youths who are aspiring to choose their spouses choose rightly. Amin and Amin.

  2. Akadi folorunsho

    November 25, 2017 at 9:32 am

    it an unfortunate issue, despite the interventions. Except there is an evidence of psychosis and ascertained legally ,she should be made to face the consequences of her demonic action even with billion of lawyers hired by the mother. It is a shame to motherhood. what future is she portraying for her child?.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew

Published

on

Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq

Following the outbreak of violence in some quarters of the State, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State has declared a 24-hour Curfew on the state starting on Saturday.

Governor Abdulrazaq made this known in a statewide broadcast on Friday night.

Recall that on Friday some residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital stormed the warehouses where the government stored COVID-19 palliatives expected to be distributed to citizens.

Also Read: BREAKING: Lagos Government Relaxes Curfew

The warehouses, located at the cargo warehouse of the International airport in Ilorin as well as the agro-mall located in the Sango area of the state were totally ransacked as residents struggled to pack as much food items as they could.

Abdulrazaq said, “Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are.

“To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

“People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.

“Our observation is that what has happened today is not a protest, it cannot be defended under any guide, it was a pure act of criminality as some people are hiding under the guise of nationwide protest.”

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest

Published

on

Two PUNCH journalists, Femi Dawodu and Segun Odunayo, were on Wednesday brutalised by policemen guarding the Lagos State House of Assembly in Ikeja.

The duo had gone to cover events around the Alausa area, a major demonstration ground of the #EndSARS protesters calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force.

According to the PUNCH, both Odunayo and Dawodu were recording a live video of activities in the area when the policemen accosted them and ordered them to stop the recording.

After showing the policemen their identity cards, indicating that they are journalists covering #EndSARS protests and monitoring compliance with the government-imposed curfew, the policemen became annoyed and pounced on them.

Odunayo said the policemen tortured them for four hours, adding that they stripped them of their clothes, laid them on the floor, beat them with a stick and guns, and took a video recording of them while torturing them at the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Odunayo said, “Femi and I were at the Secretariat in Alausa around 7 am and were doing a live video of the activities going on in the area. We were heading back to the expressway when a group of armed policemen accosted us at the Lagos State House of Assembly roundabout and immediately collected our phones. We showed them our ID cards, but they refused to let us go.

“What got the policemen annoyed was that we saw them using a stick and a rubber to beat a young man, and during the live video, they heard me saying that they were beating someone. So, after they arrested us, they tortured us and demanded that we should do another live video denying the statement, but we refused.

“Each Time we refused, they slapped us, used a stick to beat us, used the butt of their guns to hit our heads and bodies after stripping us of our clothes. All they wanted was for us to do another live broadcast to claim that we lied and we didn’t because we told the truth.”

Dawodu said it took the intervention of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi before they were released at the Alausa Police Station, adding that before their release, the policemen took their details, including their addresses, took a video record of them and threatened to go after them if any negative report was published about what happened.

He said, “The policemen were transferring the aggression of what is happening regarding the #EndSARS protest on us. They later took us to the Divisional Police Station in Alausa, and if not for the DPO, the policemen guarding the LSHA that arrested us would have done more grievous things to us.

“The PPRO and the DPO later spoke with them, and we were released.

“But despite his intervention, we were told to write statements. They collected our details, address, took video recordings of us making false statements during the torture, and threatened to use it to blackmail and go after us if we end up doing any bad report against them.”

Sahara Reporters

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says

Published

on

Lekki Concession Company in their press release has debunked the rumour that the Lekki Toll Gate CCTV camera was not removed.

Lekki, Ikoyi tolls will rise on February 1 – LCC - Ivory NG

According to the press release by the company which condemns the unlawful killings of the peaceful protesters said no one gave the order for the removal of the Closed Circuit Television System as the CCTV is still intact as of the time of this report.

Speaking further, the concession company revealed that if the CCTV was to be removed, it would require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed.

Read the release report below;

Image

Continue Reading

Trending