Connect with us

Entertainment

Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle early next year

Published

on

Britain’s Prince Harry will marry his US actress girlfriend Meghan Markle early next year after the couple became engaged earlier this month, Clarence House announced Monday.

“His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle. The wedding will take place in Spring 2018,” said the official statement.

The couple became engaged in London earlier this month, his office said, adding that the 33-year-old prince had informed his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, close members of the royal family and had sought the blessing of Markle’s parents.

“The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are delighted for the couple and wish them every happiness,” said a message on the monarch’s official page.

The couple will live at Nottingham Cottage in London’s Kensington Palace, where his brother William and his wife Kate live with their two children.

Speculation has been rife that Harry was about to propose to his 36-year-old girlfriend, best known for her role as a lawyer in the hit television show “Suits”.

Markle’s parents Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland said in a statement they were “incredibly happy” and wished the couple “a lifetime of happiness.”

“Our daughter has always been a kind and loving person,” they said. “To see her union with Harry, who shares the same qualities, is a source of great joy for us as parents.”

William and Kate said they were “very excited for Harry and Meghan.”

“It has been wonderful getting to know Meghan and to see how happy she and Harry are together,” said the couple.

Harry and Meghan are believed to have met in May 2016 in Toronto, Canada, where the actress lived.

The relationship was formalised by Kensington Palace, which handles communication for Prince Harry, following speculation in the press.

Exasperated by the media frenzy, the palace released a statement attacking the “sexism” and “racism” that Meghan Markle, who is of mixed race, faced in the social media and the press.

source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Brymo Explains Why He Was Silent On #EndSARS

Published

on

Brymo
Brymo

Singer, Brymo

Nigerian singer, Olawale Oloforo Ashimi, professionally known as Brymo, has explained his silence on the trending End SARS movement that had many celebrities actively involved in the protests.

The musician had taken to his Twitter page to talk about greatness in Nigeria. He was then shut by a Twitter user who feels he did not speak up when it was necessary.

“You stayed quiet when we needed all the voices….Remain that way”

Brymo then replied:

“I will”

Read Also‘I Will Run Away Eventually’, Singer Brymo Speaks On Lack Of Support For Artists

A curious fan was, however, interested in the singer’s silence. “My only question is why“, the fan tweeted back.

To which Brymo’s reply reads:

“…cos most don’t truly care…. everyone is Just trying to eat. I care, I have for years, no one wants to join me in the campaign for ‘building the nation we want to see’ … everyone wants to blame someone else…and I had been talking for a minute.”

See his reply below:

The singer’s reply

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Singer D’Banj Shares Cryptic Post On Instagram

Published

on

Singer D’Banj Shares Cryptic Post On Instagram
Dbanj

Dbanj

Nigerian singer, D’Banj recently took to Instagram to share a cryptic message on people who try to bring others down.

The singer posted an image showing a man about to be kicked off a ledge by another man and it was captioned with the words;

“Sometimes those trying to bring you down, don’t realize you are part of the reason they are still standing.”

D’Banj then wrote; “Words on marble.”

In the comments section of the post, it appears a number of his fans could relate to the message.

Read Also: D’banj backs #EndSARS protesters, says ‘I know what it means to lose a child’

See his post below:

The singer’s post

The singer’s post

Reactions

Reactions

Reactions

Reactions

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Toke Makinwa Celebrates Drake At 34

Published

on

Toke Makinwa Celebrates Drake At 34
#EndSARS: 'If You Can't Listen To Us, The Protest Will Not Stop' - Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa

Popular media personality, Toke Makinwa took to her Insta-story on Saturday to celebrate her celebrity crush, Drake on his 34 birthday.

Information Nigeria recalls the media personality cum entrepreneur revealed in April that she is dating the Canadian rapper in her imagination.

Well, the popular rapper clocked a new age on Saturday and Makinwa took it upon herself to personally wish him a happy birthday.

The media personality referred to Drake as her ‘baby daddy’ as she also reminded him that she will be the one that will eventually marry him.

Taking to her Insta-story, she wrote;

“Happy birthday to my baby daddy”

“Na me go still marry you”

Read Also: #EndSARS: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Lagos Curfew

See her post below:

Makinwa’s post

Makinwa’s post

Continue Reading

Trending