The Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 24-year-old man identified as Ehioboh Lucky for allegedly impersonating businessman Mike Adenuga to perpetrate internet fraud.
The Command Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect opened a Facebook account in the name of Mr. Adenuga to defraud innocent people.
He said nemesis caught up with him following a complaint by one of his victims, Abiola Ogunseye whom the suspect had reportedly defrauded N1,028,770.
Mr. Oyeyemi said the suspect, who hails from Edo State, opened a facebook account with the name and picture of the business mogul which he has been using to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.
”One of his victims, Abiola Olalekan Ogunseye came in contact with him on Facebook where he promised to get employment for him at Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC)”, he said.
The police spokesman said the victim has paid the sum to settle some members of management board of the corporation, ”who will influence his appointment.”
”The sum of N1,028,770 has so far been paid to suspect before the victim realised that he is a fraudster,” Mr. Oyeyemi added.
He said the victim lodged a complaint via a petition to the Commissioner of Police and Officer in charge of Anti Kidnapping and Cultism, Opeyemi Kujoore.
He said the police officer was directed to go after the suspect adding that,after weeks of investigation, the suspect was apprehended on November 6.
Mr. Oyeyemi said recovered exhibits from the suspect include one Iphone 6, one Dell laptop, eight different sim cards, five different ATM cards and one international passport.
He said that the suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.
Source : ( NAN )
Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Declares 24-hour Curfew
Following the outbreak of violence in some quarters of the State, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State has declared a 24-hour Curfew on the state starting on Saturday.
Governor Abdulrazaq made this known in a statewide broadcast on Friday night.
Recall that on Friday some residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital stormed the warehouses where the government stored COVID-19 palliatives expected to be distributed to citizens.
Also Read: BREAKING: Lagos Government Relaxes Curfew
The warehouses, located at the cargo warehouse of the International airport in Ilorin as well as the agro-mall located in the Sango area of the state were totally ransacked as residents struggled to pack as much food items as they could.
Abdulrazaq said, “Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are.
“To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.
“People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.
“Our observation is that what has happened today is not a protest, it cannot be defended under any guide, it was a pure act of criminality as some people are hiding under the guise of nationwide protest.”
Lagos Policemen Brutalise PUNCH Journalists For Covering #EndSARS Protest
Two PUNCH journalists, Femi Dawodu and Segun Odunayo, were on Wednesday brutalised by policemen guarding the Lagos State House of Assembly in Ikeja.
The duo had gone to cover events around the Alausa area, a major demonstration ground of the #EndSARS protesters calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force.
According to the PUNCH, both Odunayo and Dawodu were recording a live video of activities in the area when the policemen accosted them and ordered them to stop the recording.
After showing the policemen their identity cards, indicating that they are journalists covering #EndSARS protests and monitoring compliance with the government-imposed curfew, the policemen became annoyed and pounced on them.
Odunayo said the policemen tortured them for four hours, adding that they stripped them of their clothes, laid them on the floor, beat them with a stick and guns, and took a video recording of them while torturing them at the Lagos State House of Assembly.
Odunayo said, “Femi and I were at the Secretariat in Alausa around 7 am and were doing a live video of the activities going on in the area. We were heading back to the expressway when a group of armed policemen accosted us at the Lagos State House of Assembly roundabout and immediately collected our phones. We showed them our ID cards, but they refused to let us go.
“What got the policemen annoyed was that we saw them using a stick and a rubber to beat a young man, and during the live video, they heard me saying that they were beating someone. So, after they arrested us, they tortured us and demanded that we should do another live video denying the statement, but we refused.
“Each Time we refused, they slapped us, used a stick to beat us, used the butt of their guns to hit our heads and bodies after stripping us of our clothes. All they wanted was for us to do another live broadcast to claim that we lied and we didn’t because we told the truth.”
Dawodu said it took the intervention of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi before they were released at the Alausa Police Station, adding that before their release, the policemen took their details, including their addresses, took a video record of them and threatened to go after them if any negative report was published about what happened.
He said, “The policemen were transferring the aggression of what is happening regarding the #EndSARS protest on us. They later took us to the Divisional Police Station in Alausa, and if not for the DPO, the policemen guarding the LSHA that arrested us would have done more grievous things to us.
“The PPRO and the DPO later spoke with them, and we were released.
“But despite his intervention, we were told to write statements. They collected our details, address, took video recordings of us making false statements during the torture, and threatened to use it to blackmail and go after us if we end up doing any bad report against them.”
CCTV At Lekki Toll Gate Was Not Removed -Lekki Concession Company Says
Lekki Concession Company in their press release has debunked the rumour that the Lekki Toll Gate CCTV camera was not removed.
According to the press release by the company which condemns the unlawful killings of the peaceful protesters said no one gave the order for the removal of the Closed Circuit Television System as the CCTV is still intact as of the time of this report.
Speaking further, the concession company revealed that if the CCTV was to be removed, it would require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed.
Read the release report below;
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting
- National News8 hours ago
#EndSARS: TVC Back On Air — Four Days After Mob Attack
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari
- News Feed12 hours ago
Users can now mute WhatsApp chats forever
- National News9 hours ago
End SARS Protest: Abia Govt Relaxes Curfew
- National News10 hours ago
Ben Ayade Declares 24-Hour Curfew In Cross River
- News Feed10 hours ago
Buhari has ordered probe into Lekki shootings: Minister
- News Feed12 hours ago
Whoever carted away the staff of the Oba and his shoe should please return it — Shedu Sani