Connect with us

News Feed

Manchester United Striker Might Face Lengthy Ban

Published

on

Lukaku Trashes Drogba Comparisons, Wants to be like Ronaldo
The Manchester United striker faces the threat of retrospective punishment after appearing to kick out at Brighton’s Cameroonian defender, Gaetan Bong.

 Lukaku Trashes Drogba Comparisons, Wants to be like Ronaldo
Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku is facing the threat of a three-match ban which would rule him out of meetings with City and Arsenal, according to reports.
The Belgian international is waiting to discover whether his actions during a Premier League clash with Brighton will see him stung by retrospective punishment.
During a keenly fought encounter at Old Trafford, Lukaku appeared to kick out at Brighton’s Cameroonian defender Gaetan Bong.
The incident occurred at a corner which proved to be pivotal in the contest and generated many of the post-match talking points.
Lukaku had already sparked controversy in the winning of the set-piece, with Brighton boss Chris Hughton questioning the decision of the match officials after the game.
It was also from that corner, which Brighton could only half clear, that an effort from Ashley Young deflected off the unfortunate Lewis Dunk to record the only goal.
But while fortune favoured United on the day, their luck could be about to change as they sweat on Lukaku’s involvement in upcoming fixtures.
With the £75 million frontman having jostled with Bong inside the area on Saturday, the 24-year-old appeared to raise his leg towards his opponent as the ball made its way towards Young.
The match officials took no action at the time, but reports suggest that the Football Association will not be as forgiving. Former Premier League referee Graham Poll believes action will be taken, with it possible that an untimely suspension could force Lukaku to sit out crunch clashes with Arsenal on December 2 and arch-rivals Manchester City the following weekend.
Poll wrote in a column for the Daily Mail: “Romelu Lukaku must face a three-match ban once the FA view replays of the incident between the Belgian and Brighton’s Gaetan Bong just before the only goal of the game.
“Lukaku was impeded as the corner came in but his reaction was extreme, kicking out first with his right foot and then making full contact with his left foot somewhere quite painful.
“It was a violent act which would have resulted in a red card had referee Neil Swarbrick seen it. The Brighton full back did remarkably well to not react, nor complain to the officials. He deserves praise for that.
“United manager Jose Mourinho will be understandably irritated if Lukaku is banned retrospectively, but he should take comfort in the three points because the only goal of the game — Ashley Young’s deflected effort — came just after the whistle should have blown for Lukaku’s assault.”
While Lukaku would be a big miss for the Red Devils, having netted 12 times in 20 appearances for the club, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has recently rejoined the ranks following a serious knee injury and would be his likely replacement.

Source: DailyMail

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

Published

on

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says “I’m Still The Jagaban”

 

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State and National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress on Saturday paid a courtesy visit to the governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Tinubu, in his visit to the governor, stated that contrary to false news making the rounds, he did not travel to France, adding that he is still the Jagaban.

He also denied rumours that his son Seyi was kidnapped or chased out of his residence outside the country, emphasizing that nobody can chase him or his family out of Lagos.

The former governor’s visit comes after the infamous shooting of unarmed protesters in Lekki area of the state.

Watch video below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

Published

on

Air Force Intervenes, Slams Policemen For Shooting At A Crowd (Video)

A viral video has captured moment soldiers of the Nigeria Air Force intervened and slammed some policemen for shooting at a crowd.

Air Force slammed Policemen

The incident which occurred at a yet to be identified venue showed some men of the Nigeria Air Force calling on officers of the Nigeria police to cease fire.

In the videos also, residents were seen running helter-skelter while soldiers used a megaphone to call for calm. “Stop shooting, the Air Force are here”, the soldiers could be heard screaming.

However, the policemen appeared reluctant in taking orders from the soldiers until one of them showed proof of his rank by pointing to the stars on his shoulder.

The soldier also warned that if they refuse to ceasefire, he would charge them and their headquarters for inciting violence.

The officer who spoke on behalf of the Air Force then commanded the policemen to move their van behind theirs so the Army would serve as a buffer between them and the crowd.

Watch videos below;

Continue Reading

News Feed

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Published

on

#EndSARS: Hoodlums vandalize Senator Gershom Bassey’s family house in Calabar

Senator Gershom Bassey’s resident has been vandalized and looted by hoodlums rampaging the streets of Calabar.

Information Nigeria gathered that the hoodlums overpowered the security men attached to the property.

 

This is in spite of the  24 hours curfew declared in Cross River state.

Some of the buildings already vandalised include the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office along Marian Road, Cross River State Transport Regulatory Agency (CRTRA) office and banks along Mayne Avenue and 8-Miles Calabar.

Federal institutions like the Ministry of Agriculture, Cross River Basin Authourity, and Federal Psychiatric Hospital were also vandalized.

Houses belonging to some politicians were not spared. Some of those affected include Senators Gershom Bassey and Victor Ndoma Egba. Bassey’s houses located at Mayne Avenue by White and the one at Asari Iso were looted and burnt.

Egba’s house located within the same Asari Iso axis was also vandalized.

To restore normalcy, military personnel have reportedly taken over major streets.

Continue Reading

Trending