Connect with us

News Feed

Boy Kicked Out Of His Class For Making His Hair This Way | Photos

Published

on

A young boy who wore braids to school, has been kicked out of his class during lessons, a development which has caused quite an uproar.

A mother says she had to take her son home after he was put into isolation for having braids.
Trisha Jukes, 34, says 15-year-old Jordan Waterfield, was kicked out of class after returning to school following the half term holidays.
But teachers at RSA Academy in Tipton, West Midlands, put him into isolation saying his haircut was extreme. She said that Jordan was so upset he called her and said she had to go and pick him up from isolation.
Trisha, a college student, said: ‘I never imagined there’d be a problem with Jordan’s hair, girls go to school with plaits in, so why couldn’t my son.
 
‘As soon as I found out that he was put in isolation I was shocked, his hair cut wasn’t bothering anyone. ‘It’s a shame that he has missed out on a big chunk of education for the day just because of his hair.
‘If other people in his school are allowed to have plaits in their hair, my son should be too. It isn’t an ‘extreme haircut’ in the slightest.’ She claimed that Jordan was sent home from school but when she called they told her to bring him back.
She added:  ‘Jordan has been going to that school for four years and nothing like this has ever happened with regards to his hair. His hair cut wasn’t doing anything to effect his learning – but sending him home from school is.
 
‘Jordan had been watching a lot of YouTube videos and decided that he wanted to have his hair braided. It was getting long on the top, and he wanted it even longer, so he decided to get it braided.
‘The braids were only tied together by small black elastic bands – and the rest of his uniform was immaculate. As soon as Jordan returned home last Wednesday at lunchtime, I spoke to the school and complained.
 
‘After being passed from one member of staff to the next, I was told Jordan was allowed back into school a few hours later.’
To try and tidy it up he had his hair cut shorter and had two lines shaved into this head, further irritating staff at the school.
Trisha said: ‘He went back into school on Wednesday and everything was fine – even when he went back into school on Thursday they hadn’t noticed his new haircut.

Pic by Laura Dale / Caters News (PICTURED: Jordan Waterfields braids. Pictured at their home in Birmingham on 08 November 2017.) – A mother-of-two has been left furious after claiming her son was sent home from school for having braids. Trisha Jukes,34, claims her 15-year-old son, Jordan Waterfield,,was sent to isolation for having his hair braided. The 15-year-old returned to school after half term with the top of his hair braided, whilst the sides were left long. However upon returning to the RSA Academy, Tipton, West Mids, last Wednesday, November 8,Jordan was sent straight to isolation for his extreme haircut. Trisha then received an upset phone call from her son who said she had to pick him up from isolation. SEE CATERS COPY

‘It wasn’t until Friday morning that I received a phone call from the school telling me that they had put him into isolation because of the lines in his hair.
 
’I was told that I either had to shave the lines out, or he would be in isolation until they grew out.
 
‘The only problem is, if I shave them out of his hair, it means his hair will be even shorter and subsequently even messier.’
The RSA Academy declined to comment.

Source: MetroUK

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Monica

    November 16, 2017 at 9:39 am

    In fact he should be kicked out of the school as well. Yeye boy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

#EndSARS: Ekiti state government declares 24-hour curfew

Published

on

Following the various attacks on #EndSARS protesters in the state, Governor Kayode Fayemi has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state effective from 10pm on today, Tuesday, October 20.

In a statement released by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji, the state government said the curfew became necessary following the state government’s observation of how the end SARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.

Read the statement below

1. The Government of Ekiti State has observed with growing concern how the ENDSARS protest, which started as a peaceful protest against police brutality by youths in Ekiti State, has been hijacked by some hoodlums.

2. The hoodlums have capitalised on the ENDSARS protest to rape, assault, rob and extort innocent citizens across the State. These are in addition to the wanton destruction of properties, particularly private properties.

3. Government is concerned that if this state of affairs is allowed to continue unabated, it will lead to a breakdown of law and order thereby threatening the wellbeing of the people of Ekiti State.

4. For the purpose of clarity Government continues to show understanding and responsiveness to the demands of the legitimate protesters.

5. On 16th October 2020, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Governor, Ekiti State met with the protesters in person. While identifying with the legitimacy of their protests, he assured them that the State Government will immediately put measures in place to respond to all their demands.

6. Government has since then constituted a Human Rights Investigation Panel to review all cases of abuse by Officers of the disbanded SARS. In addition, Government has enabled a Victims Compensation Fund to facilitate speedy remedial measures for victims of such abuse.

7. Furthermore, several officials of Government have engaged the protesters at multiple fora and platforms including the social media in order to ensure that concerns of protesters are properly identified and responded to in a prompt and efficient manner with necessary feedback.

8. Government had also at various times drawn the attention of the protesters to the troubling hijack of the protests by individuals whose only interest is to inflict violence on the people of the state.

9. In the past 48 hours there have been incidents of gang-rape, robberies, physical assaults on innocent people, looting and burning of a police station. These acts of brigandage are not in consonance with the legitimate aspirations of the protesters. It cannot be logical to seek to remedy impunity with impunity.

10. Government therefore cannot afford to watch a deliberate enthronement of anarchy by some bad elements who have hijacked the protest for some clandestine reasons.

11. Consequently, the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, hereby imposes a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State starting from 10.00 pm tonight, Tuesday, October, 20, 2020.

12. Only essential workers and service providers with valid means of identifications are allowed to move around during the period of the curfew.

13. Any person found on the street that does not belong to this category, would be promptly arrested and prosecuted according to the laws of Ekiti State.

14. We seek the understanding of the good people of Ekiti State as we continue to take deliberate steps towards ensuring that peace and normalcy return to our state.”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours

Published

on

Davido speaks on the events of the past 48 hours

Nigerian superstar, Davido has said criminals are responsible for the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.

Davido made the claim while absolving End SARS protesters of involvement in the attacks.

The singer pointed out that no amount of mischief would stop the protest against police brutality and bad governance.

Davido made the remark while condemning the attack on two Correctional Centres in Benin City, Edo State.

The hoodlums had attacked the facilities and freed some inmates.

Reacting, the singer in a series of tweets wrote: “After seeing all that’s gone on today I just want to say that from the beginning we have preached that the protest must remain peaceful and Law Abiding and as far as I know we have kept to that! And we will continue to keep to that so the narrative can NOT be switched up on us!

“The people they claim broke into prisons to free convicted criminals, burn police stations to steal weapons, damage police, government, and private vehicles are Criminals and everybody must condemn these acts. They are not part of our movement !

“#EndSars is a peaceful and law abiding protest that is going somewhere great! And no mischief can scatter it!”

Continue Reading

National News

Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari

Published

on

Address Nigerians over #EndSARS protests – Senate urges Buhari

The Nigerian Senate has called on President Buhari to urgently address the nation so as to douse the tension in the country.

This comes as hoodlums continue to carry out various attacks on #EndSARS protesters and others in some parts of the country.

The Senators made the call for President Buhari to speak to the Nation after a motion was moved by Senator Biodun Olujimi and co-sponsored by all Senators on the ongoing nationwide protests believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums.

Part of the resolution of the Senators after deliberation include:

-Urge all tiers of government to put in place and sustain policies of social economic reforms that raise the standard of lives of our people;

-Call upon the Police to operate strictly in accordance with the rules of engagement appropriate in a democratic environment;

-Urge the Inspector General of Police to ensure a holistic comprehensive reforms of the police to increase the overall welfare including training and medical insurance of all members of the Nigeria Police Force

-Appeal to all Nigerians to resort to use of legal institutions to resolve disputes and conflicts;

-Urge the Nigerian youths and the Nigerian citizens to approach the National Assembly Committees Constitution and Reforms in order to secure far-reaching holistic amendments that are vital to the restructuring of our federation

-Urge the Federal Government to faithfully and comprehensively implement all the five demands of the #EndSARS movement and protesters with necessary timelines to rekindle confidence in government

-Appeal to #EndSARS movement and protesters to kindly in the interest of everyone stop their actions and embrace genuine dialogue; 7. Urge Mr. President to address the nation as soon as possible on these issues.

-Police should make it a duty to accompany protesters and should be involved in protecting genuine protesters.

Continue Reading

Trending