Connect with us

News Feed

Nigerian Men Busted After Defrauding Indian Man

Published

on

Two men have gotten themselves into serious trouble after they were found out to have defrauded an Indian man of a large sum.
Two men identified as Eze Okonkwo and Okechukwu Ariguzo, have been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday for allegedly swindling an Indian national, Mr. Yaser De Zhkam, out of his $13,275.
According to Punch Metro, the anti-graft agency claimed that the accused fraudulently obtained the money from the foreigner on the false claim that they would help him to facilitate the registration of some Indian regulated products with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
According to the EFCC, the defendants committed the offence between October and November 2016 in Lagos.
They allegedly forged a NAFDAC letter dated June 9, 2016 and captioned, “Notification of Product Approval,” to facilitate the alleged fraud.
The defendants were also said to have allegedly forged a NAFDAC’s certificate of registration numbered 01-8097, falsely representing that it emanated from the office of the Director General of NAFDAC.
They were also accused of forging another letter dated October 18, 2016, and captioned, “Re: Confirmation of File Number NAFDAC/ENU/DRH, APS/092276/016 for Immediate Issuance of NAFDAC Certificate.”
According to the EFCC, they made a false representation that the letter was purportedly signed by one Mrs. Yetunde Oni, as the Executive Director, NAFDAC.
The EFCC said the defendants acted contrary to Section 8(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act No. 14 of 2006 and are liable to be punished under Section 1(3) of the same Act.
They were also said to have violated the provisions of Section 465 of the Criminal Code Act Cap 938 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 and are liable to be punished under Section 467 of the same Act.
However, Okonkwo and Ariguzo, who were arraigned on five counts before Justice Rilwan Aikawa, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
They were subsequently admitted to a bail of N1m each with one surety each in like sum.
Justice Aikawa said the surety must either be a Lagos resident who owns a landed property or a civil servant in either the employment the federal or state government.
The judge said the defendants must sign an undertaking that they would not delay the trial of the case.
He adjourned till November 28 for commencement of trial.‎

Source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Feed

Dr Anu Adepoju Of Med Contour Reportedly Suspended From Medical Practice

Published

on

Dr. Anu Adepoju of Med Contour has reportedly been suspended from practising by the Nigerian Medical and Dental board.

Twitter influencer and doctor, Dr. olufunmilayo shared the new via his Twitter page, noting that the board reached its decision after an investigation into the death of one of her patients as well as another who had complications from surgery.

Recall that an Instagram Influencer, Omohtee called out Dr Anu Adepoju earlier in the year for ruining her buttocks after suffering complications from a surgical procedure despite paying the sum of 1.5 million naira for a Brazilian butt lift.

Anu Adepoju was also alleged to have killed a beauty queen in 2018, the result of a failed procedure.

According to Dr. Olufunmilayo, Anu graduated from College of Medicine, Unilag in 2017 and performed plastic surgery on a patient in December 2018 when she was a House Officer.

Continue Reading

News Feed

Davido celebrates his mum on her posthumous birthday

Published

on

David Adedeji Adeleke (born November 21, 1992), better known as David’s mum, Veronica Adeleke, would have turned a year older today November 23.

He posted this throwback photo of he and his mum on his Instagram this afternoon with the caption;

”Happy Birthday Mama … love and miss you always”

Continue Reading

News Feed

Death threats issued on WizKid associates by 30BG crew is unbelievable – Kemi Olunloyo

Published

on

Kemi Olunloyo known for holding controversial opinions has disclosed that Wizkid and Davido have taken their feud to another level.

According to a post sighted on her social media page, she has alleged that the 30 Billion Geng crew of Nigerian artist Davido are threatening the associates of Wizkid outside Nigeria.

Kemi Olunloyo has however urged Davido to control his crew members or anyone behind it because they can be arrested.

Her tweet reads:

The COLD WAR going on between Davido and WizKid could destroy the Nigerian music business. The DEATH ☠️threats metted upon WizKid associates by 30BG crew is unbelievable. Fans have no idea! Davido should control his crew ASAP. Most of this is happening abroad
#Kemitalksblog

This one is WORSE than Toyin Abraham vs Liz Anjorin. The fan threats was why I called
@Opetodolapo in and settled it fast. One fan sent a message to Lizzy to pay him 500K to kill Toyin and her baby. Wizkid & Davido’s crew are fighting in foreign territory. Anyone can be arrested

Continue Reading

Trending