Connect with us

Entertainment

Cannes film festival condemns Weinstein S*x assault revelations

Published

on

The Cannes film festival’s senior executives on Wednesday said sexual assault allegations against disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein merit “only the clearest and most unequivocal condemnation”, as more women continue to come forward with accusations.

“We have been dismayed to learn of the accusations of harassment and sexual violence recently levelled against Harvey Weinstein,” wrote the festival’s president Pierre Lescure and director Thierry Fremaux.

“These actions point to a pattern of behaviour that merits only the clearest and most unequivocal condemnation,” the leaders of the world’s most prestigious film festival said in the statement posted on the festival’s website.

“Our thoughts go out to the victims, to those who have had the courage to testify and to all the others. May this case help us once again to denounce all such serious and unacceptable practices.”

On Wednesday, model and actress Cara Delevingne joined a slew of other well-known women to accuse Weinstein, 65, of sexual harassment.

The 25-year-old said the filmmaker propositioned her and attempted to kiss her after a meeting about an upcoming film.

On Tuesday, the “New Yorker” released a 10-month investigative expose in which Italian film star Asia Argento and two other women accused Weinstein of rape.

That bombshell report followed on the heels of a New York Times article last week alleging that since the 1990s the Oscar-winning producer had preyed on young women hoping to break into the film industry.

The list of the Oscar-winner’s harassment victims also reportedly now includes Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Rosanna Arquette and French actress Judith Godreche.

Weinstein has denied all charges, according to a statement from his spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister, circulated among US media.

Weinstein was fired late Sunday from his own film studio, three days after the New York Times published its report on the Oscar-winning producer behind such hits as “The King’s Speech” and “The Artist”.

On Wednesday, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (Bafta) said it has suspended Weinstein’s membership, effective immediately, saying it hoped the decision “sends a clear message that such behaviour has absolutely no place in our industry.”

It added that such conduct is “completely unacceptable and incompatible with Bafta’s values”

source: Punch

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘The Best Investment Is Lifting The Poor Out Of Poverty’ – Daddy Freeze

Published

on

The silence from churches and general overseers regarding #EndSARS is so loud – Daddy Freeze

Daddy Freeze

Nigerian broadcast journalist, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze, has offered his bits of wisdom on what the best kind of investment is.

The popular radio host and convener of the ‘Free The Sheeple’ movement is of the view that the best kind of investment is assisting the underprivileged within the society.

In his words:

“The best investment in life is not buying property or starting a business. Don’t let motivational speaker fvck with your mind… The best investment is lifting the poor out of poverty..

Your houses and businesses could be destroyed in seconds if you don’t invest in uplifting the youths around you from poverty!

Read Also#EndSARS: ‘Why Are Church Leaders Silent?’ – Daddy Freeze

Secure your future, don’t invest in businesses or property or your children alone, invest on the youths around you! ~ FRZ”

See his post below:

The OAP’s post

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Small Businesses Need Support’ – Mr Macaroni

Published

on

mr macaroni
Mr Macaroni

Nigerian Comedian, Mr Macaroni

Nigerian comedian, Debo Adedayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni, has urged the youths to help small businesses who need support regarding cleaning up after the recent violence witnessed in Lagos state.

The social media skit maker took to his Twitter page to share his views thus:

“Let’s focus on small businesses around us. If a lot of cleaning has been done or is being done already, then those businesses would need support. The government already said they will do that but there are also people and organizations willing to support.”

Read Also#EndSARS: Mr Macaroni Lambasts APC-Led Govt

Mr Macaroni also advised his fellow youths to be careful of trigger-happy men in uniform.

See his posts below:

The comedian’s posts

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor’ – Filmmaker Chika Lann

Published

on

'End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor' - Filmmaker Chika Lann
Chika Lann

Chika Lann

Nigerian filmmaker, Chika Lann, has tagged the ongoing violence resulting from the End SARS protests as a ‘rich vs poor’ fight. According to the television personality, it’s a sort of uprising against the rich.

Taking to her Instagram page, the actress and former model advises her fellow celebrities to go out there and help as many people as they can before things get out of hand.

Read AlsoNigerian Model, Chika Lann Throws Sister Out Of Her House For Allegedly Trying To Snatch Her Oyibo Husband

In her words:

“This #ENDSARS protest is obviously beyond Police Brutality. It’s a sort of uprising against the rich! The poor are coming for the rich. This is obviously RICH vs POOR. How else would you explain the wanton vandalism? I advise my fellow celebrity to go out there and help as much people as they can before it’s too late. #onelove”

See her post below:

The filmmaker’s post

 

Continue Reading

Trending