Over 20 people were confirmed dead in a shooting that outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino after a gunman unloaded hundreds of rounds of ammo on a Las Vegas country music festival on Sunday night.
Eye witnesses said shots were fired from an elevated hotel position. More than 100 people were wounded, there were 30,000 people in attendance at the event.
The Strip has been completely shut down after the sniper opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest country music festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort and casino, located across a junction from the event. Police confirmed that one suspect had been killed, and said at 12:38 am that they believed there were no more shooters. It’s not clear how many shooters there had been.
Those listening to police scanners reported that the shooter was killed after cops breached a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay. SWAT teams were seen heading towards the resort in armoured vehicles earlier.
Police said they are also seeking a woman they named as Marilou Danley, described as a companion of the suspect.
According to LVMPD Sheriff Joe Lombardo, Off-duty police officers are among the dead. Their identities have not been released. Two police officers are also being treated for injuries with one officer in critical condition and the other has minor injuries.
There had been reports of other incidents at different locations along the Las Vegas strip, but police say they believe the dead suspect acted alone.
University Medical Center spokeswoman Danita Cohen said the Las Vegas hospital is taking in “several” people with gunshot wounds, adding that 14 of the wounded were in a critical condition.
Many hotels on the Las Vegas strip close to the scene remain on lockdown. Parts of Las Vegas Boulevard were shut as armed police arrived at the scene of the attack.
People have been sheltering in hotels, restaurants and at Las Vegas McCarran airport. Some flights were diverted after news of the incident.
Source: ( Linda Ikeji )
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Amidst the continued violence across the country, Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has approved the extension of the 24-hour curfew in Ekiti State indefinitely.
The curfew was declared on Tuesday evening following reported cases of violence in Ado Ekiti as hoodlums allegedly the peaceful protest by EndSARS protesters.
The initial curfew lapsed on Wednesday night by 10 pm.
However, on Thursday morning, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Akin Omole, announced that the curfew still continues in every part of the state until further notice.
It reads: “The general public is hereby alerted that the 24-hour curfew announced by the State Government is still in place in all parts of the state until further notice.
“Government appreciates the cooperation of all citizens of the state in obeying the curfew and ensuring that peace returns to the state.”
BREAKING: Hoodlums Invade Ondo Prison, Release Inmates
According to reports, no less than 58 inmates of the National Correctional Service Centre located in Okitipupa, the headquarters of Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State have been released by hoodlums on Thursday.
It was gathered the hoodlums stormed the center, burnt down a vehicle, and forcefully released the inmates.
It was also gathered that several items were also destroyed on the premises of the prison service.
This is the second jailbreak to be recorded this week, following the jailbreak recorded in Benin, Edo State earlier in the week.
Ikoyi Prison On Fire, Inmates Attempt Jail Break (Video)
An attempted jailbreak has reportedly occurred at the Ikoyi Prisons of the Nigeria Correctional Service located in Lagos State.
Videos circulating on social media suggest the Ikoyi prison has been broken into, some building set on fire, and gunshots are been heard as officials try to control the pandemonium.
A video clip of the jailbreak shows smoke coming from the prison premises while gunshots were heard in the background.
According to reports gathered the police and military personnel had been deployed to assist prison guards to foil the attempt by inmates to escape.
Watch the video below:
— THISDAY LIVE (@THISDAYLIVE) October 22, 2020
Video footage of what is reportedly going on at Ikoyi Prison
Stay safe! pic.twitter.com/VLPOZxVJgJ
— Naija wants to #EndSARS (@Naija_PR) October 22, 2020
- Uncategorized20 hours ago
Government official has a hand in the present situation of the country – Babangida
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘We Will Never Forget Lekki Massacre’ – Rapper M.I. Abaga
- Uncategorized20 hours ago
Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Explodes Over #LekkiMassacre Of #EndSARS Protesters
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘We Are Now Safe’ – TVC Presenters Reveal (Video)
- News Feed7 hours ago
Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet -Deceased’s Brother
- National News7 hours ago
You’re a total idiot – 2Face and Blackface clash again
- Entertainment5 hours ago
Actress Ada Ameh Breaks Down In Tears; Begs Government To Allow Her Bury Daughter (Video)
- News Feed21 hours ago
EndSARS protesters confront military man for allegedly shooting at them in Lagos